Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

I'm sure I read that someone on here said James needs to go for giving away a couple of penalties tonight...if he wasn't on the park the score may have doubled , dumb comment as he was close to being the best player on the park including the Donkeys players..

Surely Zillman must have an injury , he has to go but maybe Roberts is now injured & the Turd Package will be saved again..

Great games also from Mead,Pettyborne & Douglas but Ryan was clearly the best
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    The comments above say it best for me. I agree with all the comments about Zillman (again) and words just fail me about him. I have a lot of faith in Henry but I think he needs to make the big call, surely. I am just finding is extremely annoying that Hoffman is named a FB, starts there and within 15-20 minutes is moved. How can Hoff settle into the FB spot if that keeps happening.
    On this note, you're not alone. And for the record, the Centre/Fullback flip happened before the 15-20 minute mark tonight. When I first noticed it, we were 8 minutes into the match. So it happened before then.. :s

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I'm sure I read that someone on here said James needs to go for giving away a couple of penalties tonight...if he wasn't on the park the score may have doubled , dumb comment as he was close to being the best player on the park including the Donkeys players..

Surely Zillman must have an injury , he has to go but maybe Roberts is now injured & the Turd Package will be saved again..

Great games also from Mead,Pettyborne & Douglas but Ryan was clearly the best
    Ryan James started running back in on nice lines tonight. and he was a good bodyguard for LG. the penalties piss me off too...but he backed it up in all other areas tonight.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i meant to add to previous post. on the reed / Milf try.... meady chased, and Zillman, Taylor and a couple of others were chasing behind that group, but Zill gave up while Taylor continued to chase and almost saved the try.

If the 120kg Taylor can do it, why cant the worlds most famous and excellent trainer of supreme fitness chase all the way? poor effort buddy.
    Ain't that the truth! Taylor's a beast - an honest-to-goodness thawed out caveman. He's mercurial, but at least he has his moments. The only "moment" I can remember with Zillman was the field goal he kicked to win the game against the Dogs last season (that was Zillman, right?).

Apart from the Zillman situation, I actually was quite pleased with the way the boys played tonight. Lots of passion. They didn't give up. And they showed variety and creativity. If we can cut down on the handling errors and stupid penalties (although I thought we were better in the penalties department tonight than usual), we'll not only be winning, we'll be fun to watch.

With the exception of the baby goat (I hesitated to use 'kid' for the oldest, limpest package in existence) I am reasonably happy with where we are this year so far. Burr needs patience as does Paasi. Moseley and Elgey have to stay now. We really need Crampton to have a crack, otherwise not too bad considering all the other stuff.

Taylor was poorly used tonight and he was pretty unhappy when he got hooked. Did I mention Zillman? Well he can bugger off.

Also last week everybody wanted Roberts to get the ball and tonight he got it too much? The Forum is less consistent than our centre/fullback
    Last edited by Titanic; 04-04-15 at 01:12 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle Titan View Post
    Ain't that the truth! Taylor's a beast - an honest-to-goodness thawed out caveman. He's mercurial, but at least he has his moments. The only "moment" I can remember with Zillman was the field goal he kicked to win the game against the Dogs last season (that was Zillman, right?).

Apart from the Zillman situation, I actually was quite pleased with the way the boys played tonight. Lots of passion. They didn't give up. And they showed variety and creativity. If we can cut down on the handling errors and stupid penalties (although I thought we were better in the penalties department tonight than usual), we'll not only be winning, we'll be fun to watch.
    hasnt Taylor been proven to be technically part caveman? like he has a muscle only a small % of the population has that shows ancenstry with cavemen / neaderthals.

and yeah, we arent creative in the souths / roosters way...but goddamnit we're titans and tonight was a master class compared to some stuff we have served up. was good fun seeing the guys genuinely dig in and show some effort / spirit.

hope they enjoyed it too, so they think about bringing it every week from now on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    With the exception of the baby goat (I hesitated to use 'kid' for the oldest, limpest package in existence) I am reasonably happy with where we are this year so far. Burr needs patience as does Paasi. Moseley and Elgey have to stay now. We really need Crampton to have a crack, otherwise not too bad considering all the other stuff.

Taylor was poorly used tonight and he was pretty unhappy when he got hooked. Did I mention Zillman? Well he can bugger off.
    my earlier post guessed at it, and the presser confirmed henry played him middle third just to see if it worked out as 'when he normally gets it, it is after a couple of passes and defenders are usually up on him', so it was a deliberate tactic, and even though it didnt work, im actually liking that they though about different ways to use him, tried it in game, and will now assess it....almost...like...a....coach. Dont go spoiling us Neil Henry, with your tactics, and your penchant for searching for a better way to do things... we're titans goddammit and we continue to do things the same way...NO MATTER WHAT!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah he didn't do a lot in attack (did have atry assist though, but it was a pick up and pass, not alot of skill in it), and im definitely not sold on him, despite being eager for his arrival in the off-season.
    but my point was more his voice in Defence kept us composed and in order. once he moved to centres, we lost that general directing us from behind.
    Oh snap! You're right, 1 try assist. Sorry Jhoff, my bad! I'll be marking that try assist up to LG though. Quick thinking, quick hands.

Watching the replay, not only did Zillman give up on that second Milf try. Dave Taylor beat him for pace, from behind, and outside! Zillman saw that unfold and had the head start. Inconceivable.

Interesting to hear Henry's thoughts on using Dave Taylor up the middle running onto balls, as opposed to receiving passes on the edge with an advancing defensive line. A sign of things to come? I hope not* Also didn't sound to great for Elgey going forward... maybe that's just me reading-into it though.

*And yeah, I agree with you DB, it's nice to see the coach thinking of different ways to do things in general, and to use DT specifically, but on the latter I just think DT is wasted as a battering ram (which many have said before in the past).

But hell yeah, keep thinking of new ways to bring the cave man into the game Henry! How does he go at fullback?
    Last edited by K2G; 04-04-15 at 01:23 AM.

Hijack - this Wigan v at helens match on now is entertaining. The crowd really makes these superleague games.

I'm yet to see a match that doesn't require ice skates, the fields are slippery
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Roberts....Roberts.....Roberts...............The only time he passed the ball to Mead and he didn't need to coz he would have scored himself. He had maybe 6 chances during the game to pass and I am well aware your winger is exposed, so the centre weighs up the decision to pass or not but late in the first half is an example. Roberts 2 metres from the line, centre makes a grab for him but winger also come in, hmm...ideal time to throw it out to an unmarked Mead but nope, took it to ground. But the one that pisses me off most is the dropped ball (knock on) by Roberts in the 2nd half that allowed Jack Reed to run 70 metres or whatever it was that ended in a Broncos try. Watch the replay people. Roberts just shook his head and made absolutely no effort to make up for his mistake. i.e. Chase down Reed. Don't get me wrong, I like Roberts and what he brings to the game. But more than flair is required. The guy has to show more ticker, not drop your head when you make a mistake. So, I am going to give him another chance or I will be making team changes. Onwards and Upwards Mr Roberts....Now that, (Mr Roberts) alongside To Sir With Love are amongst my favourite movies. Oh, I think I am heading off topic..

Went to the game and have just finished watching a replay of the 1st half. I reckon we were pretty much the better team - except, unfortunately, in the all important area of finishing - for 33 of the 40 minutes. As a few other posters have opinioned, we've still got a way to go, but there are definitely some signs of life.

The Zillman/Hoffman switch happened almost right on the 20 minute mark (from the scrum after Pettybourne had knocked on).

ABC radio after-game interviews with Henry: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-0...?section=sport

And Sezer: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-0...?section=sport

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Roberts....Roberts.....Roberts...............The only time he passed the ball to Mead and he didn't need to coz he would have scored himself. He had maybe 6 chances during the game to pass and I am well aware your winger is exposed, so the centre weighs up the decision to pass or not but late in the first half is an example. Roberts 2 metres from the line, centre makes a grab for him but winger also come in, hmm...ideal time to throw it out to an unmarked Mead but nope, took it to ground. But the one that pisses me off most is the dropped ball (knock on) by Roberts in the 2nd half that allowed Jack Reed to run 70 metres or whatever it was that ended in a Broncos try. Watch the replay people. Roberts just shook his head and made absolutely no effort to make up for his mistake. i.e. Chase down Reed. Don't get me wrong, I like Roberts and what he brings to the game. But more than flair is required. The guy has to show more ticker, not drop your head when you make a mistake. So, I am going to give him another chance or I will be making team changes. Onwards and Upwards Mr Roberts....Now that, (Mr Roberts) alongside To Sir With Love are amongst my favourite movies. Oh, I think I am heading off topic..
    Bit harsh IMO mate. Without him we wouldn't have even scored a try vs the Sharks..yes he makes some poor decisions but he brings more good than bad and the plan last night was clearly to give him ball in space (it's just a shame that ended up being our 5th tackle play - poor execution). Last night was the first game he got too much ball than he knew what to do with, generally he gets 0. He will learn from it and I wouldn't say he is in danger of being dropped

yeah early on i was like oooh we spinning it to JT often....nice. then it became, oh we shovelling it to him every chance we get.

i think the fact he obviously didnt pass when he could have in first half, then gave a ball to Mead which he didnt need to shows he copped a bake at halftime and tried to rectify.

QLD Cup

I like what I'm seeing. If the young fellows keep learning, often by their mistakes, by the end of the year and next year we will be a very competitive team. We have recovered the first prerequisite of a good team, not giving up. Those who are not improving should be dumped, unfortunately Zilly seems to be one of them. The Broncos let us back into the game last night, but that's probably a product of all their young players. They have a long way to go.

Some really good comments in here. It's good to see Meady getting appreciation because he has been sensational. Plays with more urgency than anyone and his extra reliable.

Moseley and Elgey really need to stay and deserve to hold their starting positions. We lose absolutely nothing having them there instead of Falloon/Mortimer and we gain that youthful flair and long-term promise. It really is an exciting prospect having those 2 in our spine, both 21 years old and building in confidence by the week. LG' defence looked improved in the contact and he will continue to learn in regards to making reads. It's good to see him having a go as well, taking the line on.

Not going to bother commenting on Zillman, it's worthless and we all know he will be in the team next week.

Oh and Ryan James was sensational. The chemistry between him and LG is looking slick and he's running some handy lines.

Some really good signs and I honestly think we were the better team. They scored some dubious/tinny tries that really made it difficult for us but our first 15 minutes were excellent and showed what we are capable of.

Why does Zillman never get dropped from the side? He is like a ****ing cockroach. He just wont go away...