Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 5: TITANS vs BRONCOS

TITANS vs BRONCOS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

No Hodges & the Donkeys returning from NZ has to be in our favour
    #itaintweaktospeak

It is absolutely ridiculous how atrocious our record is against the Broncos. It is impossible to be confident for this game but I am going to give it my very best shot.

Sets up to be a great day really where we can watch the Dogs and the Rabbits do their thing before heading out to the ground to watch the main game.

Obviously all of that will take place AFTER I've spent the morning in church...

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    It is absolutely ridiculous how atrocious our record is against the Broncos. It is impossible to be confident for this game but I am going to give it my very best shot.

Sets up to be a great day really where we can watch the Dogs and the Rabbits do their thing before heading out to the ground to watch the main game.

Obviously all of that will take place AFTER I've spent the morning in church...
    My church doesn't open this Friday or Xmas day so i'll just buy a Carton
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    and one for me too please ... I'm tired of Tsingtao and Harbin.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    and one for me too please ... I'm tired of Tsingtao and Harbin.
    Hmmm... I obviously haven't given my Friday plans enough thought. I was planning on perching up in a pub. You don't think they'll be open??

Bloody hell.. Easter wheeled around quickly this year.

Nah, karnage. Traditionally, Pubs 'n Clubs are closed on Good Friday, but anything with a extended license use to open 12:00am Saturday morning. That may have changed since I was a fully fledged **** tank though.
    Last edited by Toads; 30-03-15 at 01:54 PM.

Titans rookie plots Broncos' demise

Mon 30 Mar, 2015, 2:00pm
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

Having come through his NRL debut with a boyhood dream realised and a win against the Sharks, Titans halfback Kane Elgey has now set his sights on bringing to an end the three-game winning streak of the team he supported as a kid.

Growing up on the Gold Coast and playing his junior footy with Tugun, Elgey's early NRL allegiances lay with the Broncos before the arrival of the Titans in 2007 gave him the opportunity to switch to the local team.

On Friday night the Titans host their more accomplished rivals from up the M1 in search of their first win at home for 2015 and with the added confidence that only a win – albeit a scrappy one – can bring.

The elevation to first grade has come earlier for the reigning under-20s player of the year than many had expected but he has vowed to showcase more of his skills if given the opportunity to play against Brisbane on Friday night.

"It's a short turnaround and I guess it's every kid's dream to play the Broncos so for me, I hope I get the chance and hopefully the win on the weekend will turn the boys around," said Elgey, who cites Broncos legend Darren Lockyer as his favourite all-time player.

"Growing up I always wanted to play the Broncos or play for them so the dream's here and hopefully I get to play on Friday night and get the two points.

"I was with the Titans when I was 15 so I've been here for a while and it's every kid's dream to play on a Friday night on Channel Nine so hopefully I get selected and I'll be overwhelmed if I get the chance.

"I'll definitely be a bit more confident. I was holding back a bit and trying to get into the game but I know what to expect now.

"The boys believe in me so I guess I've just got to believe in myself."

Sensing an opportunity to put the new kid under pressure as both teams eyed their first win of the season, the Sharks hammered away at the Titans' left-edge defence where Elgey was defending in the early stages of the game on Saturday.

Against the Broncos Elgey will have to contend with the likes of Matt Gillett and Sam Thaiday charging at him and he knows it is an area of his game that he needs to work hard on to maintain a place in the NRL team.

"I did what I had to do. It was my first game of first grade and I thought I held my own a bit I guess," said the 21-year-old, who made 17 tackles but missed a team-high four tackles.

"Defensively maybe I missed a few so I'll try and fix that on the training paddock and hopefully I get a go on Friday night against the Broncos.

"I'm not going to lie, it was [an eye-opener] and the speed of the game was just enormous. Them coming down my side made it a bit worse.

"I wasn't used to the speed but they came down my side the first 20 minutes pretty strong so I got into the game early which was probably the best thing for me.

"I sort of know what to expect now. Going into that first game I sort of wasn't sure what to expect so that will build my confidence and I'm excited [to play on Friday]."

http://www.nrl.com/titans-rookie-plo...5/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Hmmm... I obviously haven't given my Friday plans enough thought. I was planning on perching up in a pub. You don't think they'll be open??
    Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Bloody hell.. Easter wheeled around quickly this year.

Nah, karnage. Traditionally, Pubs 'n Clubs are closed on Good Friday, but anything with a extended license use to open 12:00am Saturday morning. That may have changed since I was a fully fledged **** tank though.
    I know the Big House opens at 2am if you are still awake

Also more importantly I was just reminded that's its Fluro night ....
    #itaintweaktospeak

For all you aetheists ... oops sorry I meant all you enthusiasts ... there is no easter in China so get over here this weekend and I can promise you 'everything' and I mean everything will be open
    Last edited by Titanic; 31-03-15 at 10:09 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Just saw this rumour on reddit:

Just throwing something out there that I heard through the grapevine. I know someone who works at Suncorp and their company has been calling around all staff to work at Suncorp for the Broncos/Titans game this week "as there is a 95% chance the game is being moved" Taking with a grain of salt for now but anyone heard anything like this?
    Probably BS.

Hope Moseley is fit for this game.

Scary thing is, a rumour like that could carry a bit of weight. Bit like what happened for our 2010 semi's shot.

As this Derby match has come close to packing out Robina in recent years, and the Station is a ****fight afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Just saw this rumour on reddit:

Probably BS.

Hope Moseley is fit for this game.
    Lets hope not considering half of Brisbane will be down here for the weekend. And I ain't going up there.

Guy that works at the games said it will still be played at CBUS. Will update me if anything changes.

Really hope so considering its my first home game and I am travelling 6 hours to see it.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Zero chance of the game being moved
    #itaintweaktospeak