Thread: Livin

Default Livin

It Ain't Weak to Speak

That's the motto used by Livin a foundation set up to help anyone suffering from depression or bipolar disorders & think we should all be aware of this disease which will be amongst many of us on here either directly or through friends & family, I know 1st hand how these problems can destroy families when a lot of the time it can be helped massively by just talking to someone whether it be a mate,family member or a complete stranger.
    As most know we have had 3 Rugby League players take their own lives in the past months but we would have no idea of how many others have done the same because they will never make the news papers for any of us to understand the depth of this problem.

I'm sure we have members on here that are dealing with this worry right now so I'll say it again
    It Ain't Weak to Speak

Livin
    Dwayne Lally R.I.P

ABOUT US
    LIVIN was founded in honor of a great man Dwayne Lally who like many others took his life after suffering from a mental illness.

LIVIN is all about LIVIN your life at the top and destroying the stigma attached to mental illness. Connecting, supporting and encouraging one another to talk about their feelings, issues and problems because “It Ain’t Weak to Speak”.

This is an illness we can beat as long as we unite in love, support and understanding. It’s time to make a change and stop this from crippling our society. You are not alone, 1 in 4 people live with a mental illness. Let’s unite to help our brothers and sisters start LIVIN again.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Well done Pete for raising this.
    "It ain't weak to speak"

Ditto … great to see the Forum mixing it up with fun and community care.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Great work Pete! Such a important cause which is vital for alot of us young blokes getting around today

Really important post Pete. I can say that this forum and Rugby League has gotten me through some very tough times, especially in the early years.

I love Australia but sometimes the macho culture goes too far. I'm definitely one to wear my heart on my sleeve and sometimes things aren't okay.

Sometimes society can seem cold and cruel, but we are in this together and need to look after each other and show compassion.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER