Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Titans dream

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    I am sick of the monopoly the Broncos have in QLD. Thankfully recently the Cowboys have gained some support so it is shared, but every 2nd person you ask here in SE QLD is a Broncos supporter.
    i think it's good to support the local team... which is why i'm proudly a titan. makes a lot more sense than just picking a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    i think it's good to support the local team... which is why i'm proudly a titan. makes a lot more sense than just picking a team.
    great point

in 2007 i will have manly - the club representing the area i was born and family come from and The titans, the club representing the area i have lived for the last 20 odd years.

I really dont understand people who chop and change their loyalities.

Manly Warringah for Life but plenty of room to support my local team the Mighty mighty Titans

Junior Titan

Poor Cliffy
    What a pity you can't see the trees for the forrest. My point was 100% accurate, Manly have constantly plundered others players forcing those plundered to continue to develope locals. The lesson for the Titans is to use and develope local talent and mix in quality players not simply buy "champions" as you have seen in the cricket when the world side toured a teams of champions will not beat a champion team.

And for the record i am not a Bronco's supporter, although the culture and business sassy they have used over the last 19years is a lesson to all in the game on how to successfully operate a Club and Football side.

They are (Bronco's) and have been in the comp for the long term something the Titans should aspire to and for Titans supporters to focus on the "long waiting downfall" of the Broncos shows your short sightedness as there will be another 14 teams to beat before you are the best.

So try to be objective and encourage others, welcome competition as the Titans have been welcomed, we don't need bad blood amongst Queenslanders as we should be proud our state has 3 teams in the NRL AND WE WANT THEM ALL TO SUCCEED

Well said there MOPL and I agree with you.. having been a Norths supporter when that all occured..

As for Cliffy... mate I know we all dislike the Broncos... but to want them to fail and suffer.. well that is just going too far IMO... I know I want the Roosters to do badly.. but I never would want them to fail and have to leave the comp... NO TEAM DESERVES THAT NO MATTER NOW MUCH YOU DISLIKE THEM..

I hope that the Titans, Broncos and Cowboys and serve all of Queensland and make rugby league in QLD stronger. I hope they all succeed and provide great rivalry and that the NRL stays strong for many a time to come.

Sure people make mistakes... but we all have to forgive some time.. if we don't we turn bitter and twisted. Brisbane was not the only club to make that mistake with Super League... my club and others did too.. and paid the price in the long term. Mistakes happen though.. and we must all learn to get over them in due time.

I know people will hate me for saying this... but as much as I hate Super League and what it did to the game... it set up the game for what it is today... if there had been no war, then the game would still be on the same level IMO as it was 10 years ago in terms of promotion, business nouce and club admin... but that is just my opinion there...

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eel 33
    :yell: Amen Cliffy. The Broncos have been successful from the outset, and it's something the Titans can aspire to. The Broncos are way overdue for a bad patch of missing finals for a few seasons. They will then know what it feels like. Who knows, there may've been another name change in the ensuing time. Hopefully when the tme comes, the rest of the NRL teams will "join together" and push the broncos out of the finals. Maybe then if it happens often enough, we will see the sudden and deathly quiet departure of Wayne Bennett.
    Ok, maybe I got this thread all mixed up. I DO NOT want any sort of collusion by teams to deliberately push others out of the finals. I meant the Broncos don't know what it's like to miss the finals on a regular basis and one of these days they are going to find out. Through hard work and a bit of luck to the other teams, they can make life hell for the broncos and they end up missing the finals. That in one way would be good for another team to participate in the finals, and would be a kick up the bum for the broncos, and potentially bring out an even stronger desire to be better than they've ever been. As for the Wayne Bennett comment, it probably won't be a quiet departure as i'd hoped, a statue next to Wally at Lang Park could be a good tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy GC
    hahahha one of ure best cyclops

dont u love the brisbane fans and their one eyes.

I gotta disagree with deegan on this one.

Can someone tell me what brisbane did for QLD Rugby league when they masterminded super league an event that single handedly killed two queensland clubs and then signed an exclusivity clause preventing another sE qld club for 6 seasons.

All i can say is red hill has alot to answer for and i cant wait for them to be number 3 in QLD behind the titans and cowboys.
    If your still holding a grude over Super League then you need to get over it. What was in the past, was just that; in the past. If the Chargers were to continue to this current date would they have such a great on and off field organisation just like the Titans currently have? Perhaps the loss of the chargers was a blessing in disguise, if you still had the Chargers you wouldnt have the Titans. And currently the Titans look much better than previous attempts of a Gold Coast franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by MOPL
    Poor Cliffy
    What a pity you can't see the trees for the forrest. My point was 100% accurate, Manly have constantly plundered others players forcing those plundered to continue to develope locals. The lesson for the Titans is to use and develope local talent and mix in quality players not simply buy "champions" as you have seen in the cricket when the world side toured a teams of champions will not beat a champion team.

And for the record i am not a Bronco's supporter, although the culture and business sassy they have used over the last 19years is a lesson to all in the game on how to successfully operate a Club and Football side.

They are (Bronco's) and have been in the comp for the long term something the Titans should aspire to and for Titans supporters to focus on the "long waiting downfall" of the Broncos shows your short sightedness as there will be another 14 teams to beat before you are the best.

So try to be objective and encourage others, welcome competition as the Titans have been welcomed, we don't need bad blood amongst Queenslanders as we should be proud our state has 3 teams in the NRL AND WE WANT THEM ALL TO SUCCEED
    Great reply MOPL

Firstly, i am a passionate Broncos supporter and ofcours3e do NOT want the broncos to fall,

but as the saying goes "to be the best you have to beat the best"
    wouldn't you prefer to beat a competitive Broncos team, rather than a Broncos team which whom are crap??

i love how precious the cyclops fans become.

This could be a fun year to watch if what some people predict is true and slide commences

Manly Warringah for Life but plenty of room to support my local team the Mighty mighty Titans

Junior Titan

Cliffy
    Have you borrowed that name after the famous Cliff Lyons? If so I would remind you Cliffy was a North's player before Manly poached him, also in that year they bought Mitchel Cox from Norths. Cliffy could play and still gets around the A Grade comp on the norhtern beaches in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by MOPL
    Cliffy
    Have you borrowed that name after the famous Cliff Lyons? If so I would remind you Cliffy was a North's player before Manly poached him, also in that year they bought Mitchel Cox from Norths. Cliffy could play and still gets around the A Grade comp on the norhtern beaches in Sydney
    interesting yet totally uninformed comment mate

if you had read "From the bush to brookvale - The Cliff Lyons story" you would have known that norths didnt want him, he played one season for norths and about 14 for manly he wasnt even a norths junior mate, he was graded at cronulla so if u want to mouth off u should atleast know ure facts mate

Junior Titan

interesting yet totally uninformed comment mate

if you had read "From the bush to brookvale - The Cliff Lyons story" you would have known that norths didnt want him, he played one season for norths and about 14 for manly he wasnt even a norths junior mate, he was graded at cronulla so if u want to mouth off u should atleast know ure facts mate
    Cliffy
    Thanks for clearing that up and confirming Manly did poach him from Norths so again my facts were correct. No mention from you regarding Mtchell Cox, although i did forget about Don McKinnon and good old Billy Hamilton if i had more time there would be many many more Chris Close, Paul Vautin, Tom Mooney, Ray Higgs, Ray Brannigan, Geoff Gerard, Kerry Boustead, Phil Lowe, Bill Hardy, even good old Des Hasler

If you could just check the other 12 odd players i have metioned that Manly poached in their win over StGeorge in the 90's and confirm if i am correct as well that would be teriffic

Don't want to get my facts wrong Mate

i love how precious the cyclops fans become.

This could be a fun year to watch if what some people predict is true and slide commences
    If by "some people" you mean you; then you are misinformed. Why are you trying to drag out this argument for? Many people here have disagreed with you. I think its time to move on from your hatred of the Broncos and focus on your team and what they do on the field. The only time you should worry about the Broncos is when Manly or the Titans play them.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    If by "some people" you mean you; then you are misinformed. Why are you trying to drag out this argument for? Many people here have disagreed with you. I think its time to move on from your hatred of the Broncos and focus on your team and what they do on the field. The only time you should worry about the Broncos is when Manly or the Titans play them.
    Well said.

Cliffy stop playing the man and start playing the ball your attitude towards others who have an opinion and facts to back those up.

Comments made in reaction to your single minded and incorrect and inflammatory remarks should be considered not rejected by you and then subjected to your unfriendly remarks.

Again we are all on the same side. Go Queensland, Go the Broncos, Go the Cowboys and bring on the Titans!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MOPL; 08-03-06 at 01:23 PM.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

What's wrong with disliking your teams local rivals? I'm sure over half of all sports fans do that. You cannot ignore the facts: The Broncos have been in the playoffs for a long time now, and they have an enormous talent pool. I think it's time for them to have a bad season and miss the finals.