Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Just had a quick watch of the replay. It wasn't a knock-on. The ball was passed backwards and the touch didn't change the direction of travel.
    Some of those defensive gaps! Wow.
    I agree with most. Mortimer must be replaced at 7.
    Bird must go. Hopefully he is suspended now for a while.
    i think it went forwards in a sense, that it went backwards 'less' than it would have if it wasnt touched.

you can tell because tyrone puts his hands out and it falls a metre or show short of where he expected it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Just had a quick watch of the replay. It wasn't a knock-on. The ball was passed backwards and the touch didn't change the direction of travel.
    Some of those defensive gaps! Wow.
    I agree with most. Mortimer must be replaced at 7.
    Bird must go. Hopefully he is suspended now for a while.
    I was at the game last night and no one around me including Knights fans thought it was a try. Every newspaper article, the guys on Talkin Sport, the panel on Fox tonight all had it a knock on.
    Congrats Boonarga.You are the first and only person who thought it was legit.
    But the rest of your post was spot on - except that I heard today that Bird wasn't even charged.

Everyone thinks it was a knock-on because for the last 107 years it seems that any time the ball hit the ground a whistle blew. I prefer to believe my own eyes rather than 'what everyone says'.
    Stunning if he wasn't charged. He actually did almost the same thing during the play leading to an early Knights try. Eveyone missed that.

It was a knock on..Tony Archer has even come out and said so..

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    It was a knock on..Tony Archer has even come out and said so..
    Probably getting a bit off track but this thread has just about run its race anyway...........how can Badger be retained this week. He was the video ref for the Titans game and the night before he went to a video ref for a try in the Storm game that he was right over the top of and wanted to check grounding. There was absolutely no doubt on the grounding the ball never bounced back up, never moved after the bloke planted it.
    After the no try decision tonight to that Penrith winger whose name I am not going to try and type, I am not sure where the game is going. I hate bagging refs and video refs but some of their clangers this year are already the best ever. (and I know Manly won against the Storm because of one).

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I was at the game last night and no one around me including Knights fans thought it was a try. Every newspaper article, the guys on Talkin Sport, the panel on Fox tonight all had it a knock on.
    Congrats Boonarga.You are the first and only person who thought it was legit.
    But the rest of your post was spot on - except that I heard today that Bird wasn't even charged.
    Totally wrong MT … he is the second after Badger
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I havent even watched the game. Girlfriend needed the computer for an assignment... I'll wait a replay tomorrow. Pleased to see it was a close affair none the less.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It was a knock on, no doubt about it.

But there is a parallel universe where it is ruled as a knock on and we go on to lose the game by 28 points. We hit the front with 10 to go and we couldn't hold on, simple as that.

Still, we were competitive at home and it was an entertaining game played in pretty poor conditions. I left the ground happy.