Default Moseley looking to make his mark on the Coast

New Titan Kierran Moseley looking to make his mark on the Gold Coast
    PAUL MALONE THE COURIER-MAIL MARCH 09, 2015 11:00PM

CLONCURRY’S first NRL player, Kierran Moseley, hopes his big move to the coast to join the Titans will amount to more than just getting his feet wet in first grade.

Moseley, a Junior Kangaroo in 2013, played his second NRL match on Saturday night, turning heads of first-time observers of his lively dummy-half work for the Titans in their 19-18 loss to Wests Tigers.

Blooded in the NRL’s under-20 competition by Penrith in 2013 and 2014, the 20-year-old from western Queensland bought into the plans of Titans coach Neil Henry and recruitment chief Jamie Mathiou.

“It’s good to be in Queensland again and a little closer to home,’’ Moseley said,

“Penrith was even further away but the Cloncurry lifestyle is similar to Penrith. There’s no surfing at Cloncurry or Penrith.’’

While first-choice Gold Coast hooker Beau Falloon might be considered for selection against Penrith in Bathurst on Saturday as he awaits another court appearance on his drugs charges, Moseley will keep his place in the 17 and may even retain his starting spot.

“I just tried to bring the energy up among those big forwards. Being small, you have to bring something and I tried my best,’’ he said.

“I want to stay in the 17 each week and do my best for the team.

I’m here for another year. Depending on how I go, I might get another contract — that’s what I can do.’’

Moseley, who was picked for the indigenous All Stars team last month, played the first 31 minutes and the last 13 against the Tigers. He made 28 tackles, with Matt Srama sharing the dummy-half stint with him.

Moseley said he had gained lessons from senior Panthers during his time there in which he played one first-grade game in Round 25 last year.

“I trained a bit with James Segeyaro there and I got some lifestyle advice from him — what to eat and staying away from the wrong people and things like that,’’ he said.

“Kevin Kingston was one who brought me in and made me feel real comfortable there and Jamie Soward was really good to me.

“He would tell me if I was training bad and I love that because it means the older boys respect you and want you to do well in your career.’’

Moseley ventured to Townsville for his last two years at high school, studying at renowned league school Kirwan High and living with Grant Bell, the foundation Cowboys coach, and his family.

“When I was living in Cloncurry we’d travel to Mt Isa every week and it’s 120km each way,’’ he said.

“Being a small kid in a country town, I just wanted to play footy.’’

- - - Updated - - -

Jamie Mathiou's name pops up again. This bloke has earned his pay cheque big time. Great coup getting him to the club in a recruitment role.

I hope Moseley has people taking him under their wing here on the coast. He seems like a bit of a quite country kid, and that can get lonely in tight knit team full of coasty glamour. He's going to be great for us if he sticks around. I won't be suprised if the cowboys come sniffing for him soon ... he'd find it hard to turn that offer down i fear.

Can't believe Falloon is still in the picture to reclaim the starting 9. I understand young kids need to be eased into the top grade, but the security that Falloon enjoys is nearing Zillman proportions.

Falloon is in the spot light cause his defence is alot better than Moss's atm, other than that nothing
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    ... his defence is alot better than Moss's atm ...
    First year of NRL, and so far he hasn't missed a tackle for us!

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    First year of NRL, and so far he hasn't missed a tackle for us!
    Lets hope it stays that way cause its been his only blemish throughout the off season
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

IMO it was really noticible that the tempo of the play the ball slowed quite a lot when Srama came on. Mossley should be our No 1 hooker with a view to have Elgey on the bench so to move Morts to dummy half to give Mossley a break and Elgey a go at halves.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady