Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Seriously how long can the refs continue to ruin our game?? No doubt we had poor handling skills and discipline but my god the refs are pathetic. Anyway some other comments:

-Surely this is Mortimer's last game? He offers nothing in either defence or attack. LG needs to be brought in because IMO this year needs to be a year where we bleed the young guys and get rid of the struggling 'old' guys.

-WHERE IS HOFFMAN? No doubt he should be fullback but he did nothing today. Zillman wasn't terrible but Hoffy has to be #1.

-Myles is a disgrace for captain. Does nothing but drop the ball and give away penalties. Should not be playing let alone be our skipper. Needs to pick it up or piss off.

-Pettybourne is a machine and easily our best forward. Great runner of the ball and his offloads were the only good thing about us today. Definitely a great late preseason buy.

-Our right side defence is pathetic. We have let in about 6 or 7 tries already this year on that side. Not good enough.
    pretty much all this.

I actually turned it off to do other stuff at the 55 minute mark, now after checking the final score I'm glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis13 View Post
    I beg to differ Penrith were sloppy if they had of played a decent team they would of got done
    They were ordinary today but still toweled us up. They are m tip for Premiers and showed they can smash teams even when playing poorly today,

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Yeah Bird and Taylor will most likely be back and that will be the changes.
    We simply don't have any decent quality depth this year. Not backing our juniors for years has created this issue.

I reckon our training grounds during the week should be out at Moseley's hometown of Cloncurry. It might encourage them to harden up a bit, because whatever is happening on the Coast during the week. It's not reaping any benefits, come game day..

Quote Originally Posted by Davis13 View Post
    I beg to differ Penrith were sloppy if they had of played a decent team they would of got done
    That's because the Titans bring everyone down to their level.

VS Knights

Praying our Boys are Back. We are in Desperate need of a overhaul of the current 17. Get rid of Zip, Morts, KG, Myles, Srama. Bring in LG, Davin, Hala and possibly Hazard/Li. This year is already gone and need to build for the future. Will be lucky to 10,000 at the game next weekend.

1. Josh Hoffman
    2. Anthony Don / Leva Li
    3. James Roberts
    4. Davin Crampton
    5. David Mead
    6. Aiden Sezer
    7. Kane Elgey
    8. Eddy Pettybourne
    9. Keirran Mosely
    10.Luke Douglas
    11.Ryan James
    12.David Taylor
    13.Greg Bird
    ----------------------------
    14.Mark Ioane
    15.Agnatius Passi
    16.Matt Robinson
    17.David Hala / Christian Hazard

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    pretty much all this.

I actually turned it off to do other stuff at the 55 minute mark, now after checking the final score I'm glad I did.
    I've seen plenty of floggings. It is still good to watch individual performances in attack and defence. Shows which players still put their hand up.

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Look, Morts does his best to his ability. Defensively, he pulled off a few try savers. I do hope Elgey gets a run, but ATM Morts is the only half option.
    disagree strongly, Morts is def not the only half option.

If you are good enough u are old enough - Wally lewis many times over his career.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

First Grader

We have the worst defensive halves in the comp with Mortimer the speed bump having 7 missed tackles with 4 leading to tries and Sezer the pea heart who feint hearted attempts to tackle led directly to 2 tries. 6 of their 8 tries went through our halves. Disgraceful.

Myles needs to have a good look at himself with his constant penalties and drop balls. He is a poor example of a leader.

Zillman needs to be dropped immediately with that dismal performance although Hoffman looked totally disinterested out their today.

Burr had 5 missed tackles and is not up to it as well as Simpkins who offers nothing off the bench.

Pettybourne was the only shining light in a very dark day.

Pathetic performance when they really need to stand up and be competitive each week if they have any chance to win back their fans.

Will be lucky to 10,000 at the game next weekend.

We won't pull 6000 for the knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    They were ordinary today but still toweled us up. They are m tip for Premiers and showed they can smash teams even when playing poorly today,
    rabbits n roosters miles ahead of the panthers
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Our team truly lacks a leader...an on field leader that directs our team around the park. I know we have Myles as a captain but he does not lead on the field at the moment and if he does it is only through a great tackle...he offers little in attack. No one in our team has great game sense and is directing our team around the park...Mortimer cannot do it and IMO will never develop this ever...Prince and Rogers had it...DCE does have it and will provide it in the future. Today's game is a classic example of this...Penrith has Soward and Wallace that have strengths in leading/directing a team around the park...we have Mortimer and Sezer...Mortimer offers nothing...Sezer could develop it but makes too many poor choices. Soward/Wallace just give the Panthers structure and game sense to the hard-workers that shouldn't think but do as they are told to.
    Time for Henry to make the call to develop young Elgey...give him time to adapt to First Grade...show us he can coach a young kid into hopefully a great first grader.
    If Bird and Taylor come back we will be stronger but with the issue identified above we still won't be a finals-quality side...we need to develop an on-field leader with game sense to lead us on the park.
    I was really impressed with Pettybourne, James and Paasi too...Roberts is just dangerous if given the chance. Prefer Don over Gordon at the moment.
    That's the positives...expecting changes to this team!

QLD Cup

I am surprised no one calling for Sezers head. some terrible errors in the first half like trying to unload on the third tackle almost on his back one metres out. and forward passes. But if we sacked everyone who had a bad day we would have to bring on the 20s wouldn't we.

SURELY, this spells the end for Zillman? Right?

Expected to lose, didn't expect to lose like that...
    Yes, the refs hurt us, but the team's errors, penalties, and lack of ability to take the bad calls on the chin and keep pushing on is what lost us the game so badly.
    On a brighter note Pettybourne is looking like a very good buy.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!