Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Big loss coming in this one...
    #itaintweaktospeak

Line set at an even 12 points. I'd suggest it's light on. I'll be backing the Panthers 13+ at around even money - there is no place for sentiment in gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Line set at an even 12 points. I'd suggest it's light on. I'll be backing the Panthers 13+ at around even money - there is no place for sentiment in gambling.
    Especially when I have no vCash left.......

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Titans go alright in Bathurst, while panthers seemed to choke last season. Titans will be competitive if they shut down Moylan.

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Titans go alright in Bathurst, while panthers seemed to choke last season. Titans will be competitive if they shut down Moylan.
    Moylan? He'd be the last of the Titans problems imo.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Gordon out with a Broken nose. Don is in for the game.

Junior

I thumbs up'ed the Don not the nose^^
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

DWZ declares Roberts "fastest in the NRL"

Fri 13 Mar, 2015, 11:07am
    By Matt Encarnacion, Western Sydney Correspondent

Most would describe this week's Titans as being under-strength underdogs, some might go as far as to say they're unrecognisable.

But not the Penrith Panthers.

Not with four former teammates named on the opposition's team sheet on Saturday. And certainly not when one of them is a speed demon that winger Dallin Watene-Zelezniak considers "the fastest in the comp".

Penrith are well aware of the threat Titans centre James Roberts' poses on a rugby league field, seeing as though he scorched NRL surfaces for them throughout the 2013 season – including a hat-trick in their Holden Cup grand final victory.

Watene-Zelezniak played alongside Roberts that day, and credits part of his rise to his once troubled ex-teammate.

"He's a good mate of mine. He taught me a lot with what to expect going up into first grade, playing with him in 2013 in the 20s," Watene-Zelezniak said.

"His advice was to just do what I usually do, have confidence and not to think that just because you're not a first grader [or] it you're first game, that you don't have the ability to do what you usually do."

The 19-year-old winger played just 10 games in his rookie season, but has already declared his former mentor as the quickest player in the NRL.

"For me, I reckon he's the fastest in the comp. By a mile," he said.

Over 40 metres? Or 100 meters?

"Over anything. He's a bullet," he said.

Roberts was sacked by the Panthers early last season after a reported off-season incident. It was the second time in his career he was given his marching orders, after being let go by South Sydney in 2012 for breaching his contract.

But Watene-Zelezniak said Roberts had settled in on the Gold Coast and is now making the most of his opportunity.

"I get to talk to him every now and again through [Penrith's indigenous welfare officer, Glen Liddiard] here. I get to hear about what he's up to and he's doing really well for the Titans. I'm happy for him," he said.

Roberts was joined by new recruits Matt Robinson, Ryan Simpkins and Kierran Moseley at the Titans over the summer, the latter of which has impressed mightily in his rise as starting hooker.

Penrith lock Elijah Taylor said it was a "smart" move for the promising rake, and predicted the Queenslander under-20s representative would have a long career ahead of him.

"When he made his debut [for Penrith], he played really well against Manly," he said.

"It was a smart thing for his decision to go to the Titans because we've got Api [Koroisau] now and it would've been hard for him to get a crack. He'll be a fulltime first grader this year, if there's no injuries, because he's got a lot of skill and he's got a good attitude."

http://www.nrl.com/dwz-declares-robe...0/default.aspx

Move Roberts to fullback...better than all other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Move Roberts to fullback...better than all other options.
    he'll make Albert Kelly look solid back there
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Titans switch paying off for Moseley

As much as Gold Coast's cocaine scandal has hurt the NRL club, there have been some unexpected opportunities created by the Titans' unrest.

With reigning player of the year and starting hooker Beau Falloon stood down as he faces drug charges, recruit Kierran Moseley has been thrown straight into the No.9 jersey at his new club.

The 20-year-old, who played just his second NRL game in last week's season opener against Wests Tigers, will now line up on Saturday against Penrith - the club he left to join the Titans.

It means a week after facing up to one of the game's elite rakes in Robbie Farah, Moseley will now take on his in-form ex-teammate James Segeyaro.

The cheeky former Queensland Schoolboys representative isn't too fazed about the match-up, though.

"Just preparing as a normal game. There's a bit of mixed emotions and excitement there considering I'm up against the old boys and I've got a lot of good mates back in Penrith," Moseley told AAP.

"He's (Segeyaro) in good form. He did a lot with me down in Penrith and really took me under his wing, which was good.

"To get back and play against him is something special."

Moseley's rise hasn't just been in the NRL with the Titans, with a shock call-up to the Indigenous All-Stars team for the season curtain-raiser also still bringing a smile to his face.

He said having the chance to spend the week alongside indigenous idols such as Johnathan Thurston and Greg Inglis had taught him plenty.

"It's great. A great opportunity for me to try and make my mark, at a young age as well," he said.

"I'm just embracing it all, going about my footy and trying to do the best I can each week to try and stay in that 17."

Titans skipper Nate Myles says he sees plenty to like in Moseley, although he doesn't believe the youngster has shown his best form by any means.

"He was fantastic last weekend and I think he's going to get more of a feel of what NRL's like," Myles said.

"He's up to it mate. He's a fantastic kid, fantastic football player and for us guys out there we need to make sure we do the best we can to make him comfortable.

"He's got a good footy brain. I don't think he's showing any of us what he is capable of football-wise. He's a good thinker and hopefully we get to see more of it soon."

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/titans-...#ixzz3UExnJzbm
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Simpkins in for Robinson

LATE MAIL: Ryan Simpkins, the Titans initial under-20s captain, will make his club NRL debut for the club today after being called into the 17 to replace Matt Robinson. That's the only late change to either side. Earlier in the week Anthony Don was called in to replace Kevin Gordon who broke his nose fielding a high kick during Wednesday's training session.
    Panthers are 1-17 as selected.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

James Roberts and Jamal Idris go head to head when we clash with the Penrith Panthers at Carrington Park in Bathurst on Saturday. See how they match up.

Cleary gives new surface a thumbs up

PANTHERS coach Ivan Cleary has come away impressed after laying eyes on the resurfaced Carrington Park for the first time.

The Panthers NRL squad walked the oval yesterday afternoon ahead of today’s NRL clash with the Gold Coast Titans.

And they were pleasantly surprised to find a much different playing surface than the boggy ground they encountered during last year’s 18-16 loss to the Cronulla Sharks.

Since then, Bathurst Regional Council has embarked on an ambitious upgrade of Carrington Park, including replacing all seats in the main grandstand and a $110,000 makeover of the field with new turf and drainage.

Cleary yesterday said the club appreciated council’s efforts in upgrading the field and his team was looking forward to playing again in Bathurst.

He said last year’s loss would only make them more determined to play well today.

“Full credit to the ground staff and council, they’ve done a great job,” he said.

“And the weather has probably also helped with this game being played earlier in the year. The surface looks perfect for NRL football.”

Council is banking on a large walk-up crowd for today’s clash with just under 3000 tickets pre-sold late yesterday.

Last year, 8824 hardy souls turned out in the depths of winter to watch the first Panthers match in their five-year deal with Bathurst Regional Council, and council remains hopeful of getting close to that number again.

Panthers players spent three full days in Bathurst in the lead-up to last year’s clash, visiting schools and running coaching clinics to create a real buzz around town, but none of those promotions have been possible this year.

But Cleary said the club took its community engagement role seriously and was simply trying a new way of doing things this year.

“We’re just feeling our way a bit,” he said.

“We have a coaching clinic booked for Sunday and that will be an opportunity for everyone to see the game first and, hopefully after we’ve played well, come down and spend some quality time with the players. We prioritise the community part of our visit very highly.”

Cleary said he was pleased to be back in Bathurst and hoped for a good crowd this afternoon.

“It does make a difference to the atmosphere at the ground, so it would be fantastic to get the biggest crowd there possible,” he said.

“It’s still early in the season and everyone is keen to go, so hopefully people will take the rare chance to come and see some NRL football.”

Cleary said the Titans were unlucky to go down in their round one clash with the Tigers and would provide stiff opposition today.

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/