Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

I'm giving a pass to Myles. You know, considering that his girlfriend is battling cancer atm..

There was a lot to dislike about the game last night but o thought we are getting better at coming out of trouble particularly in the first half. I thought we were able to get some good roll on but then ended with silly errors. I was just confused as to why we didn't trh to isolate Idris when attacking him ? I also thought that we lacked shape in the second half.

A win against the Knights is a must and I would hope that Beau Scott is out for a few weeks after the Cowboys game.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I thought the same as well BUT he only ran for 66m.......... It goes to show how bad we were when a player a lot have suggested had a better game than most produced that.
    He actually ran for 88m BUT to be fair no one cracked 100m for us

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    He actually ran for 88m BUT to be fair no one cracked 100m for us
    In fairness no one can run over 100m in a game where we have 39% completion rate.

Myles plays the same as he does for us as he does in Origin. The major difference is he isn't surrounded by peanuts when he plays Origin. He doesn't have to try and be something he isn't at Origin level.

Second try was fairly disallowed. Nothing to do with the blocker in the line, everything to do with zillman catching the ball and running behind his own player. Watch the other fullbacks and they always catch it a half step outside that last block runner.

Henry needs to show some balls now. Myles was a mess, and our 1,6,7 weren't far behind him.

What is really grating me right now is the uproar over the reffing decisions in the Manly / Melbourne game. The sunday footy show are all over it, but not a single word about the decisions in our game. Granted, I think we would have lost anyway, possibly not so badly if Don's try had been given, as you have to wonder what the decisions do to player confidence, but it certainly highlights our standing in media opinions.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

We're never going to change, unless we do a complete clean out of players. I say that we should release Bird and Taylor, and it will give us PLENTY of salary cap space..we can get a decent to good five eigth and two or three forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I am surprised no one calling for Sezers head. some terrible errors in the first half like trying to unload on the third tackle almost on his back one metres out. and forward passes. But if we sacked everyone who had a bad day we would have to bring on the 20s wouldn't we.
    I know what you mean. He was easily the worst on field and has been for a while now (or at least one of). With performances like that, Manly can have him in a heartbeat. I guess some people in this forum are still living in 2012.

If Sezer is to leave for next year, could we possibly entice Maloney for the five eighth role? Maloney and DCE wouldn't be a bad halves combination..

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    If Sezer is to leave for next year, could we possibly entice Maloney for the five eighth role? Maloney and DCE wouldn't be a bad halves combination..
    Yeah that wouldn't be the worst idea, but I would like to see Elgey be blooded in this year so he can partner DCE next year as it would save us some money that we could put in buying quality centres.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    Yeah that wouldn't be the worst idea, but I would like to see Elgey be blooded in this year so he can partner DCE next year as it would save us some money that we could put in buying quality centres.
    I was going to mention Elgey. We do need some strike power, I agree. Roberts, Hoffman and Mead can only do so much. It's all about getting discipline in to the forwards as well. We would be FAR better off in the long term if we offloaded Bird and Taylor. We need to start from scratch..as if, we just entered the NRL for the very first time. Who are these quality centres that we could attract? I'm very interested now dude, haha.
    Last edited by Jonathonbcode; 15-03-15 at 02:56 PM.

Elgey needs to be blooded ASAP. I thought Petty was one of our best in the past two games and I thought Burr was pretty solid.

- - - Updated - - -

The centres and wingers lacked good shape or space to work in played pretty flat in the last half. Hoff, Roberts, Mead and Don can do great things but lacked the space to do so.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    I was going to mention Elgey. We do need some strike power, I agree. Roberts, Hoffman and Mead can only do so much. It's all about getting discipline in to the forwards as well. We would be FAR better off in the long term if we offloaded Bird and Taylor. We need to start from scratch..as if, we just entered the NRL for the very first time. Who are these quality centres that we could attract? I'm very interested now dude, haha.
    I wouldn't start considering offloading Bird and Taylor until they actually play a game for us this season, well at least not Taylor.

The centres I would like to target are:

Definitely Starting:

Ricky Leutele
    Dane Gagai
    Tim Simona
    Konrad Hurrell
    Shaun Kenny-Dowall
    Daniel Vidot

Possibly Starting/Fringe/Depth:

John Folau
    Euan Aitken
    Tony Satini
    Sami Sauiluma
    Jacob Loko (haven't seen him play this year though)
    Aaron Whitchurch

We only need about 3 centres, one of which needs to be starting. Alternatively we could just sign all 4 of the Mata'utia brothers (Sione, Peter, Pat and Chanel) as a packaged deal and we will be golden for our outside backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    I wouldn't start considering offloading Bird and Taylor until they actually play a game for us this season, well at least not Taylor.

The centres I would like to target are:

Definitely Starting:

Ricky Leutele
    Dane Gagai
    Tim Simona
    Konrad Hurrell
    Shaun Kenny-Dowall
    Daniel Vidot

Possibly Starting/Fringe/Depth:

John Folau
    Euan Aitken
    Tony Satini
    Sami Sauiluma
    Jacob Loko (haven't seen him play this year though)
    Aaron Whitchurch

We only need about 3 centres, one of which needs to be starting. Alternatively we could just sign all 4 of the Mata'utia brothers (Sione, Peter, Pat and Chanel) as a packaged deal and we will be golden for our outside backs.
    I still maintain that we should get the 1,6,7,9 sorted before anything else. We have the 7 and 9 sorted for next year and probably the 1 if Hoffman eventually gets put in his proper position. But for sure we need a centre and possibly two. I am still not convinced on Roberts yet but I would hope he would be a different player if he got quick ball. Although his defence......
    I was a big wrap on SKD but he is scissor hands now and that's the last thing we need.