Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 166
  1. #1
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,184

    Default Round 2: PANTHERS vs TITANS

    PANTHERS vs TITANS

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  2. #2
    Junior Squinter98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    61

    Default

    When i fall asleep tonight i will dream of next weeks game against the penny panfers! In my dream our team would look like this..

    1. Hoffman (Better than Zip)
    2. Mead
    3. Roberts
    4. Zillman / Tighe (If fit)
    5. Don (Who's Kevin Gordon?)
    6. Sezer
    7. Elgey (Youngblood)
    8. Douglas
    9. Moseley (Class)
    10.Pettybourne (Solid Up Front)
    11.James
    12.Robinson (Decent)
    13.Myles (ugh)
    --------------------------
    14.Paasi
    15.Ioane
    16.Hala/Burr (If Fit)
    17.Hazard (Killed it at Nines and Trial, give em a shot)
    -------------------------------
    18.Srama
    19.Morts

    Also would love to see Leva Li get a shot at some stage in the season. Looks promising!

  3. #3
    First Grader K2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Won't happen, but team I'd love to see.

    1. Mead
    2. Don
    3. Roberts
    4. Hoffman
    5. Li
    6. Elgey
    7. Sezer
    8. Douglas
    9. Moseley
    10. Petty
    11. James
    12. Taylor
    13. Myles

    14. Robinson/Burr (I prefer Burr).
    15. Passi
    16. Ioane
    17. Mortimer

  4. #4

    Default

    Need to get Hala in the side if he is fit. We need to be able to make more yards every run. He can help that albeit in short bursts. There is a lot of dumb in our forward pack and that is a huge worry for me. I can't see many changes at all TBH.

  5. #5
    Junior
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast, Qld
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Need to get Hala in the side if he is fit. We need to be able to make more yards every run. He can help that albeit in short bursts. There is a lot of dumb in our forward pack and that is a huge worry for me. I can't see many changes at all TBH.
    Hala is still in knee Brace and sorry I do not see a lot of dumb in our Forward Pack, some just had their 1st NRL game, but you must have played a lot of NRL games to know they are dumb. Our Forward effort & commitment was outstanding v Tigers

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan Crius View Post
    Hala is still in knee Brace and sorry I do not see a lot of dumb in our Forward Pack, some just had their 1st NRL game, but you must have played a lot of NRL games to know they are dumb. Our Forward effort & commitment was outstanding v Tigers
    I am sorry that your opinion differs to mine.

  7. #7
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    7,689

    Default

    I will bet pounds to peanuts that White will be back as soon as he's available and subject to legal stuff Henry won't change the team otherwise. I am not looking to the Panthers from a score perspective but I am keen to see the guys get another go before the axe falls … I just can't see how Henry will remove Zillman. Everytime I think he has to go, the options aren't convincing.

    Mead and Hoffman are better fullbacks but who's a better left centre? In fact who can play there other than Crampton (and where's he gone) and Tighe (and where's he gone) and worst of all was watching Takairangi doing his thing.
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 09-03-15 at 06:23 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I will bet pounds to peanuts that White will be back as soon as he's available and subject to legal stuff Henry won't change the team otherwise. I am not looking to the Panthers from a score perspective but I am keen to see the guys get another go before the axe falls … I just can't see how Henry will remove Zillman. Everytime I think he has to go, the options aren't convincing.

    Mead and Hoffman are better fullbacks but who's a better left centre? In fact who can play there other than Crampton (and where's he gone) and Tighe (and where's he gone) and worst of all was watching Takairangi doing his thing.
    Tighe scored a try for Burliegh in their loss to the Capras & Crampton played for Tweed in their win over Redcliffe , I would like to see Tighe play centre against the Panthers with Crampton off the bench
    #itaintweaktospeak

  9. #9
    Rep Player karnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Robina
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Nice signature Pete!

    We got up to play in front of a vocal home crowd against a team destined for the bottom 4. Now, we travel to Bathurst, where we will have about 100 fans to play a team that looked every bit a top 4 contender in their dismantling of one of the premiership favorites. Worst off all, the Panthers would have copped a spray from their coach for not running out the full 80 minutes, ensuring that they will not be looking past us to bigger assignments.

    I hope I'm wrong, but I expect Saturday to be the first of a few frightful floggings that we cop this season.

  10. #10
    Rep Player karnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Robina
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Although... Reading this:

    http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/cleary-satisfied-happy/

    Maybe the Panthers won't be as primed for this weeks game after all. They had a huge home crowd (by their standards) and they were obviously all in to start the year well in a positive manner. In horse racing you go broke backing horses second up after a good return from a spell, lets hope the Panthers fit in the same category.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Although... Reading this:

    http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/cleary-satisfied-happy/

    Maybe the Panthers won't be as primed for this weeks game after all. They had a huge home crowd (by their standards) and they were obviously all in to start the year well in a positive manner. In horse racing you go broke backing horses second up after a good return from a spell, lets hope the Panthers fit in the same category.
    I agree on the horse racing comment mate but what happens when both runners are 2nd up
    #itaintweaktospeak

  12. #12
    Rep Player karnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Robina
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I agree on the horse racing comment mate but what happens when both runners are 2nd up
    Only one of them is second up 'after a good return from a spell'.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Only one of them is second up 'after a good return from a spell'.
    So we should be specials by round 3
    #itaintweaktospeak

  14. #14
    Coach teke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Titans Town
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Nice signature Pete!

    We got up to play in front of a vocal home crowd against a team destined for the bottom 4. Now, we travel to Bathurst, where we will have about 100 fans to play a team that looked every bit a top 4 contender in their dismantling of one of the premiership favorites. Worst off all, the Panthers would have copped a spray from their coach for not running out the full 80 minutes, ensuring that they will not be looking past us to bigger assignments.

    I hope I'm wrong, but I expect Saturday to be the first of a few frightful floggings that we cop this season.
    The score could get big quite fast on Sat. arvo. Wowie Sowie hitting idris and Mansour on the left up against Morts n JR....ouchie
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

    [IMG][/IMG]

  15. #15
    Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ipswich
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Titans
    1 William Zillman
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 James Roberts
    4 Josh Hoffman
    5 David Mead
    6 Aidan Sezer
    7 Daniel Mortimer
    8 Luke Douglas
    9 Kierran Moseley
    10 Edward Pettybourne
    11 Ryan James
    12 Lachlan Burr
    13 Nate Myles (c)

    Interchange
    14 Agnatius Paasi
    15 Mark Ioane
    16 Matt Robinson
    17 Matt Srama
    18 Ryan Simpkins


    Coach: Neil Henry


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew