Spotlight on Gold Coast Titans chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle
http://www.couriermail.com.au

SHE has been tasked with leading the restructure of the Gold Coast Titans, but many are left wondering who Rebecca Frizelle is.

Today, the most important day in the club’s history, Frizelle stood confidently beside NRL chief executive officer Dave Smith as he announced the takeover of the club.

She continues to be the most powerful woman on the Gold Coast following the announcement by the NRL that the current board were to be kept on to manage the club.

Frizelle has one of the most important jobs in the NRL as she tries to help reform a club which has reached rock bottom.

With the backing of her family business, the Frizelle Automotive Group, she will be able to continue the financial support for a club rocked by drug allegations and dwindling supporters.

The family dealership is one of the Gold Coast’s most successful businesses, and has sponsored the Titans since 2006.

Since becoming chairwoman last year, Frizelle hoped to fly under the radar, but has been thrust into the spotlight amid the chaos facing the club.

“I haven’t been brought to the table for my football experience or expertise,” she said.

“I’m hoping to bring a different depth of knowledge from a business and community perspective.

“What I want to do is ensure they remain profitable and sustainable for the long term.”

She became the first female chairperson of an NRL club last year, joining the likes of Gold Coast tourism chairman Paul Donovan and club owners Michael Searle and Darryl Kelly on the board of directors.