Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    So now the NRL basically owns the Titans can they or will they sell it to that bloke from the UK who wants to buy an NRL team??
    I expect the NRL will do what they have done in Newcastle - they will establish a Board of local successful business people, and support the club financially until there is enough corporate backing or a new owner to take over the operations of the club.

Aside from all the drama associated with a Nathan Tinkler ownership model, it is now BAU for the Knights, although memberships have continued to slide. I anticipate the opposite up on the GC. A lot of excitement in a post-Searle world.

So now the NRL basically owns the Titans can they or will they sell it to that bloke from the UK who wants to buy an NRL team??
    I guess they can sell it to anyone but after Palmer and Tinkler you would have to be careful of the one owner model and that bloke Koukash worries me. Sorry to bring Manly into it but even though they now have a majority share owner who can generally do what he likes they have what they call a preference share which is owned by the members of the football club (not Leagues Club). The members who control this preference share, of which I am one, determine the club colours, logo and most importantly where the home base is. The majority shareholder at Manly now is making the right noises but the preference share protects the traditional things.
    A model like this seems good to me, although I guess even in a one owner model the NRL would document things very carefully and revoke the licence if the owner behaved like Palmer when he owned GCU. I suppose the real issue is whether you have an owner who just really loves the game and is in it for the right reasons or someone who just likes to see their name in the papers and thinks they can make money.

What nimud and MT said, but I expect they will offer it back to Darryl Kelly at a fair rate (once it is viable again), or at least his share of the club. He deserves it. Also, I expect Paul Broughton to be brought back into the club as a mentor and/or board member/advisory role now that Searle has gone.

Searle was the Titans founder. Thank you Michael, we might never have had them without you.

Paul Broughton IS the Titans and Darryl Kelly is the reason the Titans are still here today.

They both deserve their roles and positions as part of the Titans future IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Mate I don't hate the Suns, in fact I go to many of their home games. Your original post said many forumites thought the AFL gave the Suns bucket loads of money which you said is so far from the truth.
    In an Australian Financial Review article this week it said in the last two years the AFL has granted GWS $38 million and the Suns $33 million. That's bucket loads in my book.
    Spot on. The AFL has propped up both clubs in an effort to make the sport appear stronger in those areas than they actually are. A lot of what the AFL actually does is about perception, not reality. GCS & GWS wouldn't exist if it werent for the AFL getting both started and wouldn't have survived to be alive today without this, certainly in GWS' case.
    A huge fan of the Bulldogs but first and foremost an fan of the game and the game needs the Gold Coast Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Mate I don't hate the Suns, in fact I go to many of their home games. Your original post said many forumites thought the AFL gave the Suns bucket loads of money which you said is so far from the truth.
    In an Australian Financial Review article this week it said in the last two years the AFL has granted GWS $38 million and the Suns $33 million. That's bucket loads in my book.
    Yep. You're right, it is a hell of a lot of cash. Spent by an organisation that is almost a 'colonial force', attempting to convert us Rugby League heathens to their code.

TC, we'll have to agree to disagree because you have very wrongly misinterpreted my view ... I did not comment on individuals at all, although I will now: while off-field some have been very good others have been very average and none have been 'great' as yet. Also, I do feel that our onfield performances as a club have been anything else but 'great' and 'dysfunctional' is the most appropriate word I can think of for a club that continues to function in some part but has made so many mistakes in its very short history that we have had to be bailed-out again. Functional may well apply after the dust settles.

I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm but being old school I would prefer that we don't brand ourselves something we haven't achieved and we are certainly not 'great', just like the way commentators bandy around the term 'legend' for every player that has a good game.

Having said all that I, just like you, am a Titans fan and I really do hope that we now can aspire to greatness.
    Last edited by Titanic; 25-02-15 at 04:52 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Defiant saviour Darryl Kelly says Titans’ NRL takeover positive and vows to tip funds in again

DEFIANT Gold Coast Titans saviour Darryl Kelly could be an owner of the club again as early as next week despite just watching $5.3 million of his personal wealth disappear.

Kelly has indicated he will invest in the Titans again after the NRL on Tuesday took control of the embattled club to save it from extinction.

The exact terms of the NRL takeover are yet to be finalised but Kelly has already begun negotiations with the governing body in a massive show of support.

Kelly — along with shareholders Michael Searle, Anshuman Magazine, Joel Parkinson and Andrew Stubbs — lost their $11.2 million investment in the club when it was placed into voluntary administration.

The 64-year-old Kelly said it was the right decision to make and he was ready to begin investigating how he would invest in the club again.

“It was all about the realities of life,” he said.

“The board made the right decision for the club’s long-term future, that’s what it was all about.

“This is the most positive thing that’s happened to the club.

“They’ve had to take full control.

“You don’t arrive at these arrangements in five seconds. They’ve had to do what they had to do and now we’ll start a process where I’ll investigate investing back into the club.

“I’m not going anywhere. I’m still a board member.”

Kelly’s investment into the Titans has been much more than the $5.3 million indicated on financial documents.

The businessman from Wagga Wagga has dedicated the past three years to rescuing the Titans from the NRL scrap heap and has had many sleepless nights in the process.

While he’s lost a fair chunk of his personal wealth, Kelly said saving the Titans was never a business decision and he was determined to see the club succeed.

“It’s never been a business decision,” he said.

“It was something I wanted to do and still want to do.

“The writing was on the wall for a long, long time. That realisation was a long time ago. It’s not like it happened (yesterday).

“The structures and issues we inherited haven’t helped. We have been lurching from one crisis to another and all that’s got to stop.

“I hope this is a circuit breaker that stops all the rumours and everything else and we can get on a run for a bit.

“I like to see things through. That’s certainly been one of the reasons I’ve been successful, I don’t accept defeat all that easily.

“Wherever I’ve got the capabilities to see something through and make it successful, that’s what I endeavour to do.”

The Titans have had a horror off-season with drink driving, public urinating and cocaine scandals damaging the club’s brand.

They are without a major sponsor for 2015 and have stood five players down indefinitely.

But Kelly can see light at the end of the tunnel.

“I’ve handled ups and downs all my life,” he said.

“This is a bit of a dark patch with a lot of blue sky on the horizon and that’s what we’re chasing.

“I still enjoy my football.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Dear MEMBER,

As you may be aware, Gold Coast Titans Pty Ltd was placed into Voluntary Administration on 24 February 2015, with Robert Moodie and Gregory Parker appointed as Joint and Several Administrators (“the Administrators”).

Please click here for a Report to Creditors dated 26 February 2015, prepared by the Administrators.

The first meeting of creditors of the Company will be held at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, 2807 Gold Coast Highway, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217 at 11:00AM EST on Friday, 6 March 2015.

Please contact the Administrators’ office on (02) 9262 1944, if you have any queries in relation to the above.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I hope this finds you well and reassured of our clubs future after the NRL announced on Tuesday that they were assuming control of the clubs licence.

In the short period of time since the announcement was made, the offers of assistance we have fielded have been nothing short of extraordinary – especially from our members.

In an effort to rally community support for the club and encourage as many people as possible to come to our Round 1 game against the Wests Tigers next Saturday, our media partners have offered to drive a campaign encouraging people to sign up as club members.

To this end, over the next few days you will likely hear of a campaign entitled #TITANSFULLHOUSE, encouraging people to purchase a $20 membership that includes a General Admission ticket to next week’s game.

We wanted to inform you in advance of this offer and stress that this is designed with specific purpose of building support for the Titans and our long term membership base.

As a valued club member, we trust you will understand and support this action as we all want to see more members, and more people at Cbus Super Stadium supporting the Gold Coast Titans.

Thank you again for your support, and we look forward to seeing you next week!

Warm regards,

Rebecca Frizelle
    Chairman
    Gold Coast Titans

Quote Originally Posted by K4SE View Post
    I hope this finds you well and reassured of our clubs future after the NRL announced on Tuesday that they were assuming control of the clubs licence.

In the short period of time since the announcement was made, the offers of assistance we have fielded have been nothing short of extraordinary – especially from our members.

In an effort to rally community support for the club and encourage as many people as possible to come to our Round 1 game against the Wests Tigers next Saturday, our media partners have offered to drive a campaign encouraging people to sign up as club members.

To this end, over the next few days you will likely hear of a campaign entitled #TITANSFULLHOUSE, encouraging people to purchase a $20 membership that includes a General Admission ticket to next week’s game.

We wanted to inform you in advance of this offer and stress that this is designed with specific purpose of building support for the Titans and our long term membership base.

As a valued club member, we trust you will understand and support this action as we all want to see more members, and more people at Cbus Super Stadium supporting the Gold Coast Titans.

Thank you again for your support, and we look forward to seeing you next week!

Warm regards,

Rebecca Frizelle
    Chairman
    Gold Coast Titans
    Excellent! A campaign exactly like we were talking about! Let's lend our entire effort and weight to this!

I'm guessing the Gold Coast Bulletin has come in to support and drive this. Good on them.

One question I have about this. It was sent to members, are they asking us to purchase this $20 membership on top of what we currently have. It is a little confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    One question I have about this. It was sent to members, are they asking us to purchase this $20 membership on top of what we currently have. It is a little confusing.
    Nah purely a campaign to recapture our old Members and give a pathway to entry into supporting the club.

This is in addition to our existing fanbase.

1. Rebuild our Membership base.
    2. Get as bigger crowd to Robina as possible.
    3. Members could be our best asset in pitching this to Titans supporters and lapsed Members.

Ah just re read the message. It will be aimed at trying to get new members and this was an email to members to give us advance notice..... Not used to that. Good move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Nah purely a campaign to recapture our old Members and give a pathway to entry into supporting the club.

This is in addition to our existing fanbase.

1. Rebuild our Membership base.
    2. Get as bigger crowd to Robina as possible.
    3. Members could be our best asset in pitching this to Titans supporters and lapsed Members.
    My one finger typing wasn't fast enough. You got in before I could read it and reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    My one finger typing wasn't fast enough. You got in before I could read it and reply.
    Always good to talk about a good idea more than once!

You are right, the advance warning is a nice consideration to Members.