Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Hopefully the NRL owning the Titans will well and truly open some doors.

The NRL would be keen to secure a major sponsor as the first and highly visible scene that the club is returning to health.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I'm screwed this week financially due to car rego, but I'll be looking to get my crew on board next week (memberships). Just hope Chris is run off his feet over the next few months!
    Lets hope he still has a job. One assumes there won't be a cleanout of admin personal...

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Lets hope he still has a job. One assumes there won't be a cleanout of admin personal...
    Smith was pretty adamant that all staff thay on. said they doing a great job. but he might get people in to rejig memberships or just help a bit.

Knights mob are complaining that the NRL is running them on a shoestring.

And to all those people who have been death-riding us, at least this is a partial answer to gAyFL's propping-up their club.

Also the term 'voluntary receivership' seems to be slipping by here ... that means Kelly and Co were not backing us in and we are in serious strife.
    Last edited by Titanic; 24-02-15 at 07:46 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The NRL won't muck around. I'm not too aware of the Knights situation but they also don't have a direct rival of comparisons.

Have a look at the Suns website under staff. Look at how many people work under Membership and Fan Development.

The Titans won't work on a shoestring.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I got no problem with them putting in the bare minimum to prop us up. Because if we can at least win a majority of our home games, we should be able to win a few fans back with it. We just need a good clean run without any further controversies, and that should improve with both Cartwright and Searle gone. The way the club has been managed by those two since the start of the 2011 season finally reduced us to where we were yesterday. Now we can finally start fresh and actually start the rebuild from tomorrow morning.

I know it's a big ask, but look how quick the Panfers turned around. If we could emulate that we'll be right I reckon.

Panthers have cash though.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Great news today and it's onwards and upwards from here. I hope Darryl Kelly hasn't done his money cold and that he will be looked after. I assume that as he is staying on the Board he is fully supportive but the man is a hero in my eyes and I want him as part of our long term future when the NRL have left town.

There's plenty of cash on the Coast too, They just need to learn how to tap into again.

TITANS ARE...

KELLY'S HEROES

this was me after Smiths announcement

I hope we have a hard look at how we have treated clubs like Burleigh, it's no secret that the Bears have been very disappointed in how the old Titans management treated them. The truth of it is we need clubs like them to build a culture and the fact they have more money and clout made our beloved Meglamaniac mr Searle jealous. Let's get back to basics one reserve team where they all play together.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    I hope we have a hard look at how we have treated clubs like Burleigh, it's no secret that the Bears have been very disappointed in how the old Titans management treated them. The truth of it is we need clubs like them to build a culture and the fact they have more money and clout made our beloved Meglamaniac mr Searle jealous. Let's get back to basics one reserve team where they all play together.
    If it wasnt bad for Bears business, id love them to play curtain raisers for us, but then they lose cash from gate and bar i guess. titans could re imburse them, or maybe incentivise members to eat and drink at burleigh more often.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    If it wasnt bad for Bears business, id love them to play curtain raisers for us, but then they lose cash from gate and bar i guess. titans could re imburse them, or maybe incentivise members to eat and drink at burleigh more often.
    I don't think the words Titans and reimburse will be in the same sentence for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I don't think the words Titans and reimburse will be in the same sentence for a while yet.
    what if the IOU has our new mate Smitty's signature on it?