Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Where is your source?
    its coming soon
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

NRL takes control of Gold Coast Titans

The NRL today took control of the Gold Coast Titans Rugby League football club.

CEO Dave Smith said the move would secure the long term future of the club – and ensure the Gold Coast retained a team in the NRL.

“In other words, it is an important day for fans, the club and its sponsors,” he said.

Mr Smith said the Titans club was facing serious financial difficulties and the NRL had therefore decided to terminate the club’s licence and take over the running of the Titans itself.

The club has been placed in voluntary administration by the Directors after conceding the club could no longer continue to meet its financial obligations, including staff and player salaries.

Mr Smith assured fans that the club would remain on the Gold Coast and it would be business as usual for the football team.

“The only difference for Titans fans is that they will have the security of knowing their team has a long term future on the Gold Coast,” Mr Smith said.

“This is an important region for Rugby League and the Titans remain part of our long term plans for the game.

“This move will give the club a fresh start with the certainty that the players, staff and fans want.”

Mr Smith said Rebecca Frizelle (Chair), and Directors Darryl Kelly and Paul Donovan, will remain on the Board. Graham Annesley will continue as CEO.

“In very difficult circumstances the Board has made a great contribution and we look forward to continuing to work with them to stabilise the club,” Mr Smith said.

“And, in time, the Board will be further strengthened.

“There are some issues ahead of us but we are determined to make this a strong, viable club.

“We have already made good headway at the Newcastle Knights and, with a strong Board and management team, the same can be achieved for players, staff and fans of the Gold Coast Titans.

“The NRL will consider longer term ownership options at an appropriate future point, but, for now, our priority is stabilising the club.”

http://www.titans.com.au/n
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 24-02-15 at 04:06 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This simply HAD to happen. The Titans were never going to be a success while certain people were still involved in the club.

I'm delighted! The broom has arrived! Decisive national intervention that Gough Whitlam would be proud of!

I will be buying some Memberships today!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

So let's look at it this way...

The financial state of the club was doomed. So the NRL take over was coming and came sooner than I expected.

Fortunately this drug bull**** happened BEFORE not AFTER our rescue by the white knights at the NRL.

Food for thought.

Who is the knob from Fox Sports? Surprised Smith didn't snot him......

did anyone else shed manly tears? (not the league club, i mean masculine tears of joy)

Seeing Smith commit to our future, while also seeing Rebecca Frizelle, Graham and Kelly behind him just got to me. for what they have done, and sort of feeling bad they couldn't quite get it done by themselves and had to be rescued.

also knowing Kelly, in the meantime lost his stake, even though hes only ever supported us and done nothing to deserve it.

just a combo of emotions i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Who is the knob from Fox Sports? Surprised Smith didn't snot him......
    He was a goon wasnt he. you'd think he was personally invested in brisbane bombers project or something.

Smith wasnt buying any of that though. and at one point eye balled him saying i can look YOU in the eye and tell YOU that the TITAN are here to stay.

No relocation.
    No rebrand.
    No Searle.
    No phantom consortium.

We get NRL ownership.
    Absolute, ironclad certainty.
    We keep Kelly, who is a hero in my books.
    We keep Frizelle who is a quality chairperson.
    We keep Graham.
    The shackles are off the thousands of people who had legitimate grips against the old ownership.'

It's a pity the club had to absolutely hit the rocks financially for this to happen. And the NRL had to swoop in.

I'm screwed this week financially due to car rego, but I'll be looking to get my crew on board next week (memberships). Just hope Chris is run off his feet over the next few months!

Congrats guys

Hopefully the club can be rebuilt without the poison
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I'm celebrating by going on a Titans membership and merchandise spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Congrats guys

You bet brother, few would appreciate it as you and I would. We fought for this club and this very forum. We fought for our club's heritage and the supporters. We stood firm and today we all won.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    You bet brother, few would appreciate it as you and I would. We fought for this club and this very forum. We fought for our club's heritage and the supporters. We stood firm and today we all won.
    Good to hear from you Coaster, and well said Diehard!!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Good to hear from you Coaster, and well said Diehard!!
    Yea it certainly is great to hear from Coaster! He is a man who certainly understands the nature of footy on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Congrats guys

Hey mate welcome back been a while

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Well said diehard, through the bad times through the sad time you's never gave up.

This is great news. Now I just hope we can make some good decisions moving forward. We really need to line up a major sponsor ASAP. Also we need to give Neil Henry the OK to do what he needs to with the playing roster to take us to the finals. Also I think a no ******** policy is a must. Players will find themselves on a very tight leash.