Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Indeed. The way the so called Bears consortium is going about it is Cheap and Weak.
    If they were well intentioned they'd have done this between September-December and not in public but through behind closed doors negotiations with the NRL and our Board.

I see one of the names they have registered as well as the Gold Coast Bears is the Coastal Bears. What does that tell you about their intentions.

No wonder the North Sydney Bears folded and were a basket case despite having wealthy supporters and being from a wealthy area.

They can go shove it up their Kybher's.

GO TITANS!
    That's the whole point of this though. They would never do it behind closed doors because they obviously dont have the backers together to make a bid for the club. This whole saga for them is drum up publicity spread the word that they want to come back into the comp as the titans are the only team for sale. Its smart for them to make it so public as they are hoping they get enough support from diehard bears fans and backers to get some money behind them. I guarantee the bears are in no position to purchase the club outright. Its all an overblown publicity grab in the hope that backers come on board.

Inactive User

Once again "5 year" they can shove it up their Khyber's!

It's time the No Sydney Bears went back into hibernation & realize they are not wanted in the game at this level, most supporters in their teens & early twenties probably don't have a clue who they are are or more importantly were....
    They are more chance of destroying Rugby League on the GC than anything else because registering the name Gold Coast Bears is just a kick in the face to Burleigh who have been playing the game since 1934 so if the ridiculous happened & they bought the franchise from the NRL the court case could be years of heartache & drama for everyone.

There is only one Bears Rugby League Club #Burleigh
    #itaintweaktospeak

I proudly wore the red & black of Wests Panthers and coached the red & black of North Mackay but these blokes are something else ... I share your sentiments, if they even get a finger hold of our club then I'm done too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    It's time the No Sydney Bears went back into hibernation & realize they are not wanted in the game at this level, most supporters in their teens & early twenties probably don't have a clue who they are are or more importantly were....
    They are more chance of destroying Rugby League on the GC than anything else because registering the name Gold Coast Bears is just a kick in the face to Burleigh who have been playing the game since 1934 so if the ridiculous happened & they bought the franchise from the NRL the court case could be years of heartache & drama for everyone.

would Burleigh consider being apart of any bid? even a small part? would give us social hubs at both end of the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

And let's not forget these "Gold Coast" Bears.

540_293_resize_20130901_578148789b847a6d0a3a0d7c9311416a_jpg.jpg
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Well I for one am very happy with the email from the club. Everyone would know a Bears split thing isn't feasible financially or any other way.
    I'm not going to get hooked up on all the conspiracy BS - we did enough of that with the signing of LG, and I swore I'd never do it again.
    I'm happy to stand by the board and the messages they are sending out (which are 100%) my wishes.

If other things Come to pass then so be it .

The email talks of gaining and retaining support. Why don't we do just that and stop jumping at shadows.

Go the TITANS!7

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    would Burleigh consider being apart of any bid? even a small part? would give us social hubs at both end of the coast.
    You would hope so one day but there's still a lot of bad blood from the Searle era...
    #itaintweaktospeak

Seriously guys I will just be happy that the Titans are still the titans....and we are able to concentrate on the season ahead. Because our team has quite a bit of talent and I believe they will do quite well. If all the BS comes true....then I will be asking for a refund for my membership....as I support the Titans.....not crappy so called bears.....

I second that Nam78. I will definitely be asking for my whole families memberships back, as there is no way I will be following the bloody bears. I have spent thousands on Titans merchandise over the years for myself and family not to mention memberships since day dot, up to 11, which I pay for myself for family over the years. God I even bought myself Titans number plates, so if it's not the Gold Coast Titans, then they can shove it. No way I will be wearing bloody black and red that's for sure. It's Titans all the way. On another note, can you imagine what all this negative media crap is doing to the powers that be at Parkwood. I could imagine they would not be too pleased to say the least and would be pretty worried. I just hope that Kelly can band together with some others and buy us back from the NRL. Then the Bears can just F..K OFF.

What he said...

Ha ha.......

This now in the Courier Mail:

John Grant says the Titans will never leave the Gold Coast

THE Titans will never leave the Gold Coast, Commission chairman John Grant has told The Courier-Mail.

In an exclusive interview, Grant has opened up on the NRL’s plans for the Titans and revealed a sale of the club they own is likely years away.

It has been one year since the NRL took over the Titans amid a series of scandals.

They have found the club a home at Parkwood International and brought them off-field stability.

In the 12 months since the takeover, a consortium from the Central Coast has eyed the Titans as a way to bring NRL action back to Gosford.

The previous Queensland Government even attempted to get the western corridor NRL bid to join with the Titans as a way to split games between Ipswich and the Gold Coast.

Grant, however, said any sale would require the club to remain on the Gold Coast and the NRL was committed to ensuring the city continued to be a rugby league city.

Grant refuted reports the Titans could be sold to another city.

“That is totally off the board,” he said. “We are clearly committed to the city of Gold Coast.

“They (the Titans) are clearly committed too, by their partnership with Parkwood International.”

Grant said the NRL wanted to build the Titans into an on-field and off-field success before selling them.

“We could easily be talking two years away (before a sale),” he said.

“We are not concerned about that. These are early days. They are a new entity, born last year. We need to support the people who are building the club now.

“The focus is on consolidating the new position on Parkwood.

“This is the first step of rebuilding the club into the community and then building it into the junior league community.

“They will be a competitive football team this year. If they maintain competitiveness on the field, build their back office and consolidate Parkwood the club is a viable financial proposition.

“There won’t be any lack of opportunity to be acquired by the appropriate people.”

The AFL is spending more than $16 million dollars every year on the Gold Coast Suns, an investment significantly higher than the NRL’s spend on the Titans.

The NRL spent $4 million saving the Titans but Grant said they would not be matching the AFL’s investment.

“It is not comparative. We have supported the Titans and will continue to do so,” he said.

“We own them and are responsible for them.”

Arguably the Titans greatest purchase has been new chief operations officer Brian Canavan.

Since his arrival on the coast in February there has been speculation his appointment was NRL-driven and he would eventually report back to the NRL on whether the club was viable on the tourist strip long-term.

“That is plain wrong. Rebecca Frizelle and Graham are fantastic,” Grant said.

“There is nothing we ask that we don’t get.

“They report regularly report to us. The conspiracy theorists are working overtime.

“While we own the club, we won’t be choosing staff or have anything to do with how they run their business.’’

Happy days

Onya John Grant ... of course they would step in if the club went pear-shaped but I don't want to death-ride them because they seem to getting it together ... now if we could just bump Zillman and Mortimer to QCup we'd nearly be in the clear.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

That is some refreshing reaffirming news that is most welcomed. Happy days indeed, Nolsy.