Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Sound's desperate now, not a good look.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Couldn't agree more … accepting second best is hardly the way forward.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Well, let's be honest. The situation is rather desperate.

That said, the Coast's region is a ideal one that the NRL should heavily invest with their grassroots program that they announced would happen with the previous TV Deal. The sad part is, I've never heard anymore about it from the NRL. Have you folk heard anything?

If the NRL done that along side with the Titans it has the potential to improve our fan base a hell of a lot than what it currently is. Interaction with the local community should be a key factor during this 'rebuilding' stage
    Last edited by Toads; 22-01-16 at 03:56 PM.

I agree with most of what Rebecca says and I am certainly prepared to put the Searle and Cartwright days and their inefficiency behind us but.............we still make administrative screw ups (the Roberts signature) and still appear to sit on our hands when it comes to being in the market.
    Rebecca, the best way to get the people behind us is to have a footy team that wins games, nothing more is needed really, and yet I don't see many great efforts being made to give us that.

Not sure if this is the right thread but we have signed the Roosters CEO Brian Canavan as our new Chief Operating Officer. Haven't heard much about him but I'm assuming that he must be good due to the success and strength of the Roosters as a club. Hopefully this is a really positive step in the future for us.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    ...the best way to get the people behind us is to have a footy team that wins games, nothing more is needed really, and yet I don't see many great efforts being made to give us that.
    This needs to be shouted from the rooftops (or, rather, in the recruitment and coaching staffs' ears).

I'll be upgrading my memberships in 2016.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread but we have signed the Roosters CEO Brian Canavan as our new Chief Operating Officer. Haven't heard much about him but I'm assuming that he must be good due to the success and strength of the Roosters as a club. Hopefully this is a really positive step in the future for us.
    Exactly! Look at other teams Cowboys and QLD Reds as long as you are winning/ playing entertaining football you will get the crowds. It may even come down to who performs better on the field between the titans and the suns for the battle of gold coast. Unfortunately we peaked to early at this stage and has been a **** show since! If you win.........they will come.....

Sure.. Winning will bring them in, but when is that gunna start to happen? And what's going to put bums on seats in the meantime?

It's a franchise and like all franchises they need to be promoted.
    Last edited by Toads; 22-01-16 at 10:03 PM.

Patience. All we need is patience. I think the club is slowly starting to make some smarter decisions off the field and this will lead to positive on field results. However it will take some time to rebuild and we need to keep supporting.

LOL, where were you in 2011, T4L. I think we've been practicing some patience for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    LOL, where were you in 2011, T4L. I think we've been practicing some patience for quite some time now.
    but we werent rebuilding since 2011.
    we knew we rubbish but the club people didnt and wasted 2-3 years.
    the cleanout / rebuild didnt start till midway last year, anything before that is irrelevant really.

Somehow I think you missed my point, DB.

The rot started with the Prince debacle, the clean-out started with Cartwright/Searle and that was two years ago ... patience started when the Centre of Extravagance went bust and that was eons ago ... the stumbling, bumbling and resultant grumbling has been going on since inception so we are at veteran class level now ... Henry needs some results this year and he doesn't have the team to give them to him so where are we?

Three marquee signings for 2017 e.g a Teo, a Segeyaro and an Inglis plus some quality youth development and we will begin to get some people through the gate.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

yeah i might have Toads, my point was that any patience displayed prior to mid last year is almost a sunk cost, and we needed to reset the counter. was a dig at your comment.