Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Lose your colours and your name and what's left? Nothing! Burleigh was my junior club not some Sydney pretenders so they can take their fluffy ar$eholes some where else. If Florimo wants a holiday apartment he can rent my house but not my club.

A public float, led by Kelly et al, and let's get busy.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

we could always start a south's esque rally. I love my club. The logo, fantastic. The name, brilliant. The colours are beautiful. And i even warmed to our Jerseys. If the bears want to take a back seat, they're more then welcome to. But I don't want to see us as any club but the Titans. And if Annesley and any other big head at NRL think this is a good idea then they betraying the supporters of this club and gold coast identity. Hopefully Kelly can rally some big bucks and get us out of this nightmare. Guess it is time to see how much this club means to our administration.

Pretty Pathetic really and I hope it isnt true. Florimo on the big sports breakfast this morning seemed pretty chuffed he was back in with a chance. Kelly seems are only hope.

The lady I work with supports the Western Bulldogs, her sons go for the western bulldogs........why? Because their Grandfather supports the western bulldogs. Give the Gold Coast a chance to build a supporters base and have the generation below be handed a team to support. A team on the Gold Coast works, we know they have support but off field and to an extent on field issues have dogged us. I remember going to sell outs back in 2010 and know one was calling for our heads then.

Why not the Perth Bears for F##K sake. Build up in NSW cup and have a solid supporter base in NSW & WA. make sense?

The Titans have been bullied for the last four or five years, people picking on the small kid and the teachers are just watching.

[QUOTE=Surfers66;372599]Pretty Pathetic really and I hope it isnt true. Florimo on the big sports breakfast this morning seemed pretty chuffed he was back in with a chance. Kelly seems are only hope.

The lady I work with supports the Western Bulldogs, her sons go for the western bulldogs........why? Because their Grandfather supports the western bulldogs. Give the Gold Coast a chance to build a supporters base and have the generation below be handed a team to support. A team on the Gold Coast works, we know they have support but off field and to an extent on field issues have dogged us. I remember going to sell outs back in 2010 and know one was calling for our heads then.

Why not the Perth Bears for F##K sake. Build up in NSW cup and have a solid supporter base in NSW & WA. make sense?

The Titans have been bullied for the last four or five years, people picking on the small kid and the teachers are just watching.[/QUOTE
    Exactly s66 it's bull**** , I'm glad we have Rebecca at least sticking up for us , what the hell is annersley saying , Florimo can **** off to be blunt

Junior

Always supported the Bears as a kid and have been in limbo since.. I would be on the bandwagon, i have always hated 'the Titans' As a team name, but it's very hard to go and change everything like that. Might actually be pretty good for the club.

It really is a recipe for disaster. Did they learn nothing from their failed Manly-Bears merger on the Central Coast?

And especially the idea of adding another NSW club into the QLD market.

It's a ridiculous and sickening notion.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

What's worse, being owned by the NRL or having new owners?

They can't possibly be serious about this. How does moving 3 games away from the Gold Coast help??

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    They can't possibly be serious about this. How does moving 3 games away from the Gold Coast help??
    Certainly gives the AFL three free kick weekends to win the Gold Coast over.

Rep Player

Meh after reading Florimos "plan" I honestly wouldn't be too worried. Seems like just a big publicity grab with no real substance to it brought on by the fact that im assuming the NRL (who have ****ed us at any chance they have gotten) had leaked to florimo that their license was up and why not start drumming up support in the hope someone jumps on and fronts the money. Given Frizzells comments today I cant see us going anywhere and certainly cant see us becoming the bears. I guarantee they dont even have the cash to front it and im sure Kelly will put together a strong enough team to let the titans continue on.

Inactive User

Exactly s66 it's bull**** , I'm glad we have Rebecca at least sticking up for us , what the hell is annersley saying , Florimo can **** off to be blunt[/QUOTE]

I don't rate or trust Annesley. He's a former politician and he's from the Cronulla area plus he's part of the NRL Sydney machine. His using yesterday's news to go around the media complimenting himself was beyond the pale.

Would love to see him moved on and have Canavan as the CEO with Rebecca Frizelle being both Chairwoman and working in some high level capacity as an Employee.

It's only Rebecca Frizelle and Daryl Kelly that I trust in the organisation as fighters for our community.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What's worse, being owned by the NRL or having new owners?
    Being owned by new-comers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I don't rate or trust Annesley. He's a former politician and he's from the Cronulla area plus he's part of the NRL Sydney machine. His using yesterday's news to go around the media complimenting himself was beyond the pale.
    At last someone else who gets it ... and let's not forget that behind all that is a former referee cum NRL-er.
    Last edited by Titanic; 25-02-16 at 04:44 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

To me this whole thing stinks of John Grant and the NRL putting this whole idea into Florimo's head. They obviously don't want to continue to carry our debt and the titans name hasnt exactly been sterling the last few year.

What frustrates me most as although cliche it finally seems like we are starting to turn a corner (minus ****face Zillman being our captain ) we were talking about our pre seasons performances, the signing of a respected COO, our juniors coming through and looking like starters and hopefully re-signing Elgey has he is obviously keen to stay. **** like this as Frizzell so rightly said detracts from the hard work we are trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    To me this whole thing stinks of John Grant and the NRL putting this whole idea into Florimo's head. They obviously don't want to continue to carry our debt and the titans name hasnt exactly been sterling the last few year.

What frustrates me most as although cliche it finally seems like we are starting to turn a corner (minus ****face Zillman being our captain ) we were talking about our pre seasons performances, the signing of a respected COO, our juniors coming through and looking like starters and hopefully re-signing Elgey has he is obviously keen to stay. **** like this as Frizzell so rightly said detracts from the hard work we are trying to do.
    Well said. Splitting some games between here and the Central Coast/North Sydney is just ridiculous. Florimo and his mob were attaching themselves to the Central Coast but don't be surprised if that area gets dropped in favour of Norths Leagues and North Sydney Oval (which is a dump and still has a rock hard cricket pitch in the middle) if this gets up. We obviously would have to give up our colours, team name and split games otherwise their is just no benefit to Norths and they wouldn't be doing it for nothing. Anyone who thinks that this is not linked to the old North Sydney guys is dreamin.
    Darryl Kelly saved us once and let's hope he is up for the challenge again.

Bears brand has been off the NRL market since 99, brand is non existent for the user 20 market,