Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    They can't possibly be serious about this. How does moving 3 games away from the Gold Coast help??
    No justifying any take over but to answer your question. The franchise wouldn't lose a million dollars each of those three games by renting CBus stadium and not filling it.

I can't see the Bears deal coming to fruition because it creates unattractive issues for the franchise to be sold. Who'd want to pick up such a stuff up 'n try 'n turn it into a viable business. You'd have to be a complete twit just to consider it.

I'm callin' BS on this one..

The Bears deal is utter bull**** and they are hurting the game even trying.

But the Bears always did deathride us, now they dream of landing a killer blow.

dreaming-14ge9vv.jpg
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Because splitting games between Manly and the Central Coast worked so well for the Northern Eagles.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Because splitting games between Manly and the Central Coast worked so well for the Northern Eagles.
    Yeah and I'm in a fair position to reflect on those times. The merger was a total flop and fortunately the Norths side was played off a break by Arthurson who had it written into the agreement that if the joint venture failed then the licence would revert back to Manly. The Norths people probably haven't learnt anything since.
    Just praying that Darryl Kelly is making plenty of phone calls right now. Surely the NRL will not think a deal like this would satisfy the people of the Central Coast, who I think should have a team of their own.

North Sydney Leagues Club registers Gold Coast Bears as a business as other cities circle Titans

THE North Sydney Bears are preparing for a takeover of the Gold Coast Titans, with their profitable leagues club registering a business in the Gold Coast Bears name.

The club already operates the Seagulls Club on the Tweed and has been steadily increasing its brand’s presence in that club over the past 12 months.

North Sydney have made no secret of their desire to own the Gold Coast team and replace the Titans with their own brand — logo, colours and all — but the local board maintains they’re not going anywhere.

North of the Coast, another shark is circling in the form of a strong campaign from Rockhampton which is understood to have been one of three serious contenders to take the club on 12 months ago.

Others included a consortium from the South Island of New Zealand and the owner of UK-based Super League Club, Salford.

The speculation comes a fortnight after the Titans formally lodged the last documents related to their administration by the NRL.

The company name Gold Coast Titans Pty Ltd will cease to exist in coming weeks, now replaced by the wholly NRL-owned entity, Titans Rugby League Pty Ltd.

Exasperated Titans bosses continued to dismiss talk of any sale of the club as the NRL celebrated its official season launch yesterday.

CEO Graham Annesley said there was no significance in the NRL’s removal of the city’s name from the company which operates the Titans.

“The NRL have made it absolutely clear on any number of occasions that the game will continue on the Gold Coast,” he said.

“They had to very quickly register a company name and because there had been so many different (Gold Coast Titans) entities, they chose one that was different.”

IP Australia had no trademark registered for Gold Coast Bears yesterday, however web domain names for goldcoastbears.com and goldcoastbears.com.au had both been registered.

The .au domain had been registered by a Sydney digital marketing manager and the other was reserved on Wednesday by someone who has hidden their identity.

CQ NRL bid chairman Geoff Murphy said the NRL had made it clear when they were negotiating last year that the league would hold on to the Titans for “three years at least”.

“We were in discussions — in serious discussions,” he said.

“I would like to think that an approach would be made to us if what we’re reading in the papers is correct and they were ready to sell.

“We would certainly be interested.

“I was in no uncertain terms that no matter what happened it was going to take at least three years.”

Titans chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle said the NRL, which has said all along it did not want long-term ownership of the club, would look to offload the club once it was completely stable, which she said was “not far off”.

“They wanted to make sure it was solid and had a strong foundation and structure before it was sold,” she said.

“I would expect that they would want to resolve it by the end of the year.

“We want the club to remain a Gold Coast club — in Gold Coast hands.”

Mr Murphy, who once played for the North Sydney Bears, said his bid, which has more than 40,000 members and strong corporate support, would hang on as long as it took.

“It means that we just have to hang in there for longer and keep going,” he said.

“The bid is still very strong and will remain strong — there’s still a real desire for a club here.”

- - - Updated - - -

And this also in the Gold Coast Bulletin this morning. Good on the Burleigh Bears.

Burleigh Bears tell North Sydney to back off in bid to rebrand Titans as Gold Coast Bears

BACK off, we’re the Gold Coast’s Bears.

That’s the message the *Burleigh Bears are sending North Sydney as they protect their 80-year association with rugby league on the Coast.

News North Sydney is *angling to buy the Gold Coast *Titans franchise from the NRL and rebrand as the Bears with almost identical logos and *colours to the rugby league club established on the Gold Coast in 1934 has Burleigh leaders determined to protect their identity.

North Sydney’s strong *leagues club has registered several business names including Gold Coast Bears, Coastal Bears, North Coast Bears and Northern Bears, showing talk it is willing to buy the Titans is more than just the rumour many had heard over the past several months.

But Burleigh chief executive Damian Driscoll said his Bears were not willing to give up their identity without a fight, including possible legal action.

“We’re the only Bears on the Gold Coast,” Driscoll said.

“It’s fair to say we’d fight tooth and nail to be the only rugby league team on the Gold Coast … that carries that name.

“I hope we don’t get to that stage but they obviously have registered that name, I think the club would be pretty strong on (protecting its identity).

“There’s a fair bit of history in the club and it’s been around since 1934 and they’ve made their stand on the Gold Coast and are synonymous with rugby league on the Coast.”

Burleigh football club chairman Paul Khan said North Sydney should have *approached Burleigh if they wanted to have a presence on the Gold Coast.

“If there was any substance to (talk of them buying the *Titans) they’d want to at least talk to Burleigh Bears,” he said.

“We’re a brand established for 70 years and we’ve got a fairly large footprint on the Coast as far as rugby league goes. We’d have to be some sort of influence I’d think.”

The NRL has refused to *reveal a price for the Titans.

The game’s 2014 annual *report revealed it paid $7.3 million to acquire the Newcastle Knights, while the Titans shareholding was valued at about $11.25 million before they entered administration a year ago.

An NRL spokesman, who reiterated the league’s commitment to the Gold Coast, said the organisation wanted the best possible price for the Titans.

“We’re not going to enter into any speculation about figures,” he said.

“We’ll let market forces determine the value of the club.”

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    North Sydney Leagues Club registers Gold Coast Bears as a business as other cities circle Titans

THE North Sydney Bears are preparing for a takeover of the Gold Coast Titans, with their profitable leagues club registering a business in the Gold Coast Bears name.

The club already operates the Seagulls Club on the Tweed and has been steadily increasing its brand’s presence in that club over the past 12 months.

North Sydney have made no secret of their desire to own the Gold Coast team and replace the Titans with their own brand — logo, colours and all — but the local board maintains they’re not going anywhere.

North of the Coast, another shark is circling in the form of a strong campaign from Rockhampton which is understood to have been one of three serious contenders to take the club on 12 months ago.

Others included a consortium from the South Island of New Zealand and the owner of UK-based Super League Club, Salford.

The speculation comes a fortnight after the Titans formally lodged the last documents related to their administration by the NRL.

The company name Gold Coast Titans Pty Ltd will cease to exist in coming weeks, now replaced by the wholly NRL-owned entity, Titans Rugby League Pty Ltd.

Exasperated Titans bosses continued to dismiss talk of any sale of the club as the NRL celebrated its official season launch yesterday.

CEO Graham Annesley said there was no significance in the NRL’s removal of the city’s name from the company which operates the Titans.

“The NRL have made it absolutely clear on any number of occasions that the game will continue on the Gold Coast,” he said.

“They had to very quickly register a company name and because there had been so many different (Gold Coast Titans) entities, they chose one that was different.”

IP Australia had no trademark registered for Gold Coast Bears yesterday, however web domain names for goldcoastbears.com and goldcoastbears.com.au had both been registered.

The .au domain had been registered by a Sydney digital marketing manager and the other was reserved on Wednesday by someone who has hidden their identity.

CQ NRL bid chairman Geoff Murphy said the NRL had made it clear when they were negotiating last year that the league would hold on to the Titans for “three years at least”.

“We were in discussions — in serious discussions,” he said.

“I would like to think that an approach would be made to us if what we’re reading in the papers is correct and they were ready to sell.

“We would certainly be interested.

“I was in no uncertain terms that no matter what happened it was going to take at least three years.”

Titans chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle said the NRL, which has said all along it did not want long-term ownership of the club, would look to offload the club once it was completely stable, which she said was “not far off”.

“They wanted to make sure it was solid and had a strong foundation and structure before it was sold,” she said.

“I would expect that they would want to resolve it by the end of the year.

“We want the club to remain a Gold Coast club — in Gold Coast hands.”

Mr Murphy, who once played for the North Sydney Bears, said his bid, which has more than 40,000 members and strong corporate support, would hang on as long as it took.

“It means that we just have to hang in there for longer and keep going,” he said.

“The bid is still very strong and will remain strong — there’s still a real desire for a club here.”

- - - Updated - - -

And this also in the Gold Coast Bulletin this morning. Good on the Burleigh Bears.

Burleigh Bears tell North Sydney to back off in bid to rebrand Titans as Gold Coast Bears

BACK off, we’re the Gold Coast’s Bears.

That’s the message the *Burleigh Bears are sending North Sydney as they protect their 80-year association with rugby league on the Coast.

News North Sydney is *angling to buy the Gold Coast *Titans franchise from the NRL and rebrand as the Bears with almost identical logos and *colours to the rugby league club established on the Gold Coast in 1934 has Burleigh leaders determined to protect their identity.

North Sydney’s strong *leagues club has registered several business names including Gold Coast Bears, Coastal Bears, North Coast Bears and Northern Bears, showing talk it is willing to buy the Titans is more than just the rumour many had heard over the past several months.

But Burleigh chief executive Damian Driscoll said his Bears were not willing to give up their identity without a fight, including possible legal action.

“We’re the only Bears on the Gold Coast,” Driscoll said.

“It’s fair to say we’d fight tooth and nail to be the only rugby league team on the Gold Coast … that carries that name.

“I hope we don’t get to that stage but they obviously have registered that name, I think the club would be pretty strong on (protecting its identity).

“There’s a fair bit of history in the club and it’s been around since 1934 and they’ve made their stand on the Gold Coast and are synonymous with rugby league on the Coast.”

Burleigh football club chairman Paul Khan said North Sydney should have *approached Burleigh if they wanted to have a presence on the Gold Coast.

“If there was any substance to (talk of them buying the *Titans) they’d want to at least talk to Burleigh Bears,” he said.

“We’re a brand established for 70 years and we’ve got a fairly large footprint on the Coast as far as rugby league goes. We’d have to be some sort of influence I’d think.”

The NRL has refused to *reveal a price for the Titans.

The game’s 2014 annual *report revealed it paid $7.3 million to acquire the Newcastle Knights, while the Titans shareholding was valued at about $11.25 million before they entered administration a year ago.

An NRL spokesman, who reiterated the league’s commitment to the Gold Coast, said the organisation wanted the best possible price for the Titans.

“We’re not going to enter into any speculation about figures,” he said.

“We’ll let market forces determine the value of the club.”
    I currently live in Rockhampton and I can honestly not see us getting anywhere close to a NRL team for the following reasons
    -We sit on the edge of the mining sector which is currently in a huge downturn
    -JM Kelly the construction company owned by Geoff Murphy is not in a great way at the moment with large job losses.
    -Other large business based in the area have currently either shed staff or closed down due to a tough financial climate.
    -We really don't have the facilities available for a new stadium with initially a commitment from the Bligh government to fund the constuction of a stadium in a partner ship with JM Kelly (surprise) withdrawn years ago by the government.
    -My company sponsors the local Q Cup team and you are flat out attracting a couple hundred people to that.
    - My job takes me throughout CQ with the major mining cities currently struggling I doubt you will get many to make the trip to watch them play.

All in all another complete BS article just trying to gather support by latching on to the fact the NRL wants to offload our license

5YC, onya for sponsoring a QCup team, the lifeblood of rugby league in Queensland
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'm amazed and I will keep saying it....knock knock Burleigh Bears you run very profitable clubs and your brand is strong so buy a share into the Titans and watch grass root footy take over. Don't worry about suing the fake Bears. Seriously they can help here

An email from the Titans tonight

A MESSAGE FROM THE BOARD OF THE AQUIS GOLD COAST TITANS

No doubt over the past few days you would have all read and heard of media speculation regarding the future ownership of the Gold Coast Titans.

This is not the first time similar reports have surfaced, however, there are a number of very important points the Board felt necessary to convey to everyone who loves and invests in this club – both financially and emotionally:

Regardless of any future legal ownership structure of this club, it counts for nothing without community support. Such support cannot be transferred or purchased at any price
    The current Bears proposal involves changing the name and colours of the club as well as splitting its playing venue and dividing the local community
    As the 6th largest city in the nation, the Gold Coast deserves its own NRL club (the Titans), with its own branding and its own colours (blue, gold and white), playing at its own ground (Cbus Super Stadium), in front of its own community (each and every one of you)
    The Board of the Aquis Gold Coast Titans gives you an absolute assurance that it does have a long term plan underpinned by local ownership and will do everything possible to protect the club and your interests
    We understand the current speculation about the clubs future ownership is confusing, upsetting and damaging, but please do not be overly concerned. Everyone on the Board, our administration, and our coaching and playing group, is absolutely committed to continuing the resurgence of the Titans, both on and off the field, with the unshakable objective of securing the clubs future and success in its current form.

Please stick with us and help support our endeavours on your behalf. Collectively we will all do everything possible to ensure the future of the Aquis Gold Coast Titans is preserved as we currently know it, allowing the club to grow and prosper for many decades to come.

Yours sincerely,

The entire Aquis Gold Coast Titans Board:

Rebecca Frizelle (Chair)
    Darryl Kelly (Deputy Chair)
    Paul Donovan
    Trish Hogan
    Tony Hickey
    Lynne Anderson
    Prof Ned Pankhurst
    Fraser Perrin (Company Secretary)
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I read the email from the Board earlier and it says all the right things. My question is just what is the power of the Board when the owners are the NRL. In other words if the NRL want to sell (lets say to the Norths mob) just what could the Board do about it?

Just when we should be talking about the footy.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 26-02-16 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I read the email from the Board earlier and it says all the right things. My question is just what is the power of the Board when the owners are the NRL. In other words if the NRL want to sell (lets say to the Norths mob) just what could the Board do about it?

Just when we should be talking about the footy.
    Yes that's a good question, and if we are into conspiracy theories then how about this "Titans Board drums up take-over rumours to boost support for 2016"
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

All I got out of that is the Club as a whole has good intentions. Sorta gives one a sense of how precarious our situation is.

Hmm.. I need more time to digest it me thinks.

The Bears want to take us over. And by promoting themselves they are really taking some paint off our preseason preparation. It makes me angry.

I am sorry but I would never wear any Bears merchandise and if this fantasy ever existed, I'd be out.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The Bears want to take us over. And by promoting themselves they are really taking some paint off our preseason preparation. It makes me angry.

I am sorry but I would never wear any Bears merchandise and if this fantasy ever existed, I'd be out.
    Indeed. The way the so called Bears consortium is going about it is Cheap and Weak.
    If they were well intentioned they'd have done this between September-December and not in public but through behind closed doors negotiations with the NRL and our Board.

I see one of the names they have registered as well as the Gold Coast Bears is the Coastal Bears. What does that tell you about their intentions.

No wonder the North Sydney Bears folded and were a basket case despite having wealthy supporters and being from a wealthy area.

They can go shove it up their Kybher's.

GO TITANS!
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 27-02-16 at 10:32 AM.