Default If it is our Team...then what should it stand for? My thoughts!

Well...today I think I have felt the lowest I have ever been about my footy club...the Gold Coast Titans...embarrassed is something that comes to mind.
    But being a glass half-full kind of person I want my club to take the hard decisions and take this valuable opportunity to rebuild this club.
    To rebuild, this needs some reflection and I pose the question...If it is our Team...then what should it stand for?

Below is what I think our club needs front and centre...but this thread is not about my thoughts alone...it is about all supporters views about the question that I pose.

Here is my thoughts but I encourage you to add, delete and/or change anything I post, however it should be succinct and apply the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle.

Our reputation in the community is more important than anything else!
    Our reputation is our lifeblood to everything…sponsors, memberships, juniors (our future) and future signings. No player/s are bigger or more than important than the reputation of the club. Supporters want to be proud of their club!

Engagement
    Meaningfully engage with the community…do more for charities (time to place a charity or charities on the jersey until we can gain a major sponsor…back it up with some serious engagement with that charity) and those less fortunate.

Culture
    Time to reflect and/or rebuild this! Publish the culture to our community that we want/strive for…it should be the heart of all thoughts and decisions when rebuilding our reputation.

Performance
    Every player/staff member is accountable for their performances…I don’t care how big a pay cheque or reputation you have…performance will determine your value to this club…now and into the future.

Education
    Players/staff members should be regular participants in an education program about a wide range of community issues, developing skills and making themselves better people.

well saifd hammer. funny mat rogers was quoted today saying the culture was really strgon in eaqrly days but people got comfortable.

would also say that most of the trouble seems to be from bought players, not original 2007 titans or NYC graduates.

someone of good character who has been around the team a while, like a Mead / Zillman / Douglas / White / maybe even sezer needs to step up and demand a better respect for the jersey. address the team and say that they will never ever quit on the fans, on the club and that they all need to dig in and represent our region.

i think a never say die attitude built on fitness, support, respect and mateship needs to be the backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    well saifd hammer. funny mat Rogers was quoted today saying the culture was really strgon in eaqrly days but people got comfortable.

would also say that most of the trouble seems to be from bought players, not original 2007 titans or NYC graduates.

someone of good character who has been around the team a while, like a Mead / Zillman / Douglas / White / maybe even sezer needs to step up and demand a better respect for the jersey. address the team and say that they will never ever quit on the fans, on the club and that they all need to dig in and represent our region.

i think a never say die attitude built on fitness, support, respect and mateship needs to be the backbone.
    All the players were bought but maybe things were better managed
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    All the players were bought but maybe things were better managed
    i tells ya, it all went to pot once friendy left.

Well, they do say pot is a gateway drug to harder stuff. Natural progression I guess..

Nope, it all seemed to go pear-shaped when Bird joined. Cartwright couldn't/wouldn't control him and our style, even with Prince, changed from that quick play the ball model to the forward bash it up tripe, with Bird the key man.
    Last edited by Titanic; 22-02-15 at 11:31 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Nope, it all seemed to go pear-shaped when Bird joined. Cartwright couldn't/wouldn't control him and our style, even with Prince, changed from that quick play the ball model to the forward bash it up tripe, with Bird the key man.
    This.