Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EVERYONE RELAX

Default EVERYONE RELAX

Mods can merge this with the drugs charges thread if they want but I wanted to keep this seperate at least initially so everyone sees it.

Calm down.

We've taken a bit of a blow but nothing has really happened yet. Read the articles instead of the headlines. And when you read the articles, note the differences between quotes and interpretations/speculation.

If you want to cancel your memberships because of what has happened so far then don't come back. You might want to give up on all sport because every club in the world has had allegations of something thrown their way.

We're easy targets and we will be until we start being successful on the field but that has been the case since before our inception. We don't have a voice in the media yet and we have a lot of voices against us who have their own agendas.

At this stage it isn't even close to our biggest scandal. We have the best coach and administration we've ever had and the most exciting squad for years. Our club is dealing with things far better than they would have in the past, the players that are doing the wrong thing have been and (where necessary) will be shown the door.

Teams have survived systematic CHEATING.

Just calm down, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    Mods can merge this with the drugs charges thread if they want but I wanted to keep this seperate at least initially so everyone sees it.

Calm down.

We've taken a bit of a blow but nothing has really happened yet. Read the articles instead of the headlines. And when you read the articles, note the differences between quotes and interpretations/speculation.

If you want to cancel your memberships because of what has happened so far then don't come back. You might want to give up on all sport because every club in the world has had allegations of something thrown their way.

We're easy targets and we will be until we start being successful on the field but that has been the case since before our inception. We don't have a voice in the media yet and we have a lot of voices against us who have their own agendas.

At this stage it isn't even close to our biggest scandal. We have the best coach and administration we've ever had and the most exciting squad for years. Our club is dealing with things far better than they would have in the past, the players that are doing the wrong thing have been and (where necessary) will be shown the door.

Teams have survived systematic CHEATING.

Just calm down, at least for now.
    i dont think anyone has said they are turning their memberships in?

i think there has been support almost exclusively for the club, while anger / disappointment at some players.

i agree we should calm a bit, but no one on the forum is baggin the club really, thats external.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 21-02-15 at 10:51 PM.

Fans are sticking with this club and I've only heard a handful of fans that have dropped us. I have supported this club sine the start and I will stay with them until the end. In fact, a group of Titans fans of Twitter started the #iwillneverwalkaway hashtag which has been used by many of our supporters.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 21-02-15 at 10:52 PM.

Like most people on here I am a League fanatic, however the club already has been massively hurt by this. I spoke to a lot of people today who have an interest in the Titans and some go to the occasional game. Some used to go a lot but became disenchanted with the Searle/Cartwright era.
    Almost to a man today, they had written the club off. Sure most would have followed the depressing headlines in the papers but it's these fence sitters that the Titans need to regain. I fear for the size of the crowd at the first game which will only add to the death riders. So much good work over the last few months has been undone in two days.

These sort of controversies haven't stopped me from renewing. I'm still waiting for Searle to completely abandon the club once and for all. Once that's happened, my family and I will be back on board..

Settle down Jordan, we're not bagging the Titans, we're all staying strong.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Settle down Jordan, we're not bagging the Titans, we're all staying strong.
    i am a bit stressed whiz. you know anybody who can hook me up?

Party pontoons in the Broadwater would be where I'd be lookin'.. Just keep an eye over your shoulder for the Fuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Just throw on your Titans training singlet, and head down "to the shops" to "pick something up" for your Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Just throw on your Titans training singlet, and head down "to the shops" to "pick something up" for your Mrs.
    a red carnation in your top pocket is so 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Yep, call the G Train, the soul of every buck's party.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yep, call the G Train, the soul of every buck's party.
    tickets please...TOOOOT TOOOOOT!

Q. and why are you standing there on the edge of the platform where the train will come and suck you right off?
    A. C'mon train.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

@toddbalym: Better days ahead for the @GCTitans I have absolutely no doubt about it. Read about it in @couriermail #cantsaymore #buythepaper
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    @toddbalym: Better days ahead for the @GCTitans I have absolutely no doubt about it. Read about it in @couriermail #cantsaymore #buythepaper
    Can anyone guess what it is??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady