Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    I think Hoffman at centre could work well. He is an excellent ball runner and finisher. Zillman at fullback is rubbish though. TBH the best option for fullback is Roberts.
    put the boogz at fullback i reckon (Anthony Donn)

Quote Originally Posted by charged2go View Post
    Surely not. It is really sad that we don't have a decent option for the fullback position.

Quote Originally Posted by charged2go View Post
    Yeah, not quite. I thought the Don was pretty good defensively last year. But as karnage noted a month or so back, he's not. The highlights video of the first pre-season match showed he's pretty ordinary. Not up to handling the FB position (defensively) I'm afraid..

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Mate i'm happy to meet up for a Schooy or 3 but it will have to be early as i want to be at the gate when they open i'm very keen on the 20's
    mate im the same. letting the missus know if she wants to come...she's watching the early stuff too.

but im happy to catch up early. whizzer and myself are also toying with a sat morning golf game.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    mate im the same. letting the missus know if she wants to come...she's watching the early stuff too.

but im happy to catch up early. whizzer and myself are also toying with a sat morning golf game.
    I'm in for Golf
    #itaintweaktospeak

Relieved Titans turn attention to Tigers
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    10:00pm Wed 25th February, 2015

Five-eighth Aidan Sezer has called on Titans fans to present a united front with the players when they host the Tigers in Round 1 next weekend.

Key Titans players have moved to reassure fans that they will be ready for Round 1 next week as the club begins a new phase under the ownership of the NRL.

By placing the club into voluntary administration on Tuesday the Titans opened the way for the NRL to step in and take control, the first point of business to reassure the Gold Coast community that they would once again have a team that they can be proud of.

The team trained away from the glare of TV cameras on Wednesday as they endeavour to prepare as best they can for their season opener next Saturday while five players remain stood down awaiting court appearances after being charged with a variety of drug offences.

For local boy Ryan James, hearing NRL CEO Dave Smith personally guarantee the future of the club brought with it a great sense of relief.

"Dave Smith came in and assured us that the club's going to be around for a long time and the NRL have backed us so being a Gold Coast kid I'm happy to see that the Gold Coast club will be here for many years to come," James told Titans TV.

"After yesterday when they assured us the club was going to be here forever I think it took a massive load off all the players' shoulders and we went out this morning and I think it was one of the better training sessions we've had.

"Everyone's just got their game head on and they're ready for next week."

For the past two seasons the Titans have faced the Sharks in Round 1 as the Cronulla club tried to manage the fallout from the ASADA investigation into their supplements program but the shoe will be very much on the other foot next Saturday at Cbus Super Stadium.

The intervention of the NRL appears to have already done much to restore confidence in the local Gold Coast community and five-eighth Aidan Sezer said it was imperative that they presented a "united front" when the season kicks off next week.

"Coming back from Cairns and seeing the faithful there it gives us a bit of a spring in our step and makes us want to represent the Coast even more come Round 1," Sezer said.

"Hopefully we can get a few fans out there and band together and become a united front.

"It was very positive news to come out of [Tuesday's] meeting. It's good for the fans, it reassures them that there's going to be a team on the Coast for the long term and it's good for us players that it gives us that extra bit of security so we can concentrate on the footy.

"I'm not going to say it's not been a distraction but it's been business as usual and the boys trained well today and we'll continue to do so to get ready for Round 1."

It's been a baptism of fire for high profile Broncos recruit Josh Hoffman but he was upbeat on Wednesday as he reflected on the resolve shown by the playing group in the face of such uncertainty.

"It doesn't take much for this playing group to put a smile on their face and get into training and that's something we've really done well at," Hoffman said.

"We've been facing some adversity but getting back to training is what we're all about.

"For us as a playing group [the focus] was to move forward and now we can concentrate on our season."
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I'm in for Golf

boom! ok well you guys can pick a place. tallai has been popular, but im happy to play 18 somewhere also. although maybe a quick is better cos it will be a long evening.

Another golf day that I'll miss but I can say the plans in motion to return home for good after 14 years ... enjoy the peace and quiet while you can
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Surely not. It is really sad that we don't have a decent option for the fullback position.
    of course we do, Hoffman then Mead. One looks to be headed for left centre the other just isn't going to get a shot cause apparently he's too good on the wing.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Adversity could galvanise Titans: Farah

Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah believes current issues faced by embattled club Gold Coast could galvanise their Round 1 opponents when their season kicks off on Saturday week.

Speaking at the club's season launch at Waterview, Bicentennial Park on Thursday, Farah said new coach Jason Taylor had addressed the team about the Titans drama and instructed them to remain focused on their own preparations.

"We had training, I can't remember what day it was this week, where JT made a quick mention of it and that he won't be talking about it again. For us it's not an issue," Farah said.

"We see it, we hear about it. But we're not too concerned. We can't control what they do and how they're going to play on the night. For us, we've just got to take care of what we're doing, that's the only thing we're in control of.

"Our preparation is key. An away game in Round 1 is always tough no matter what. We've got to start well and that's something we're looking to do."

The Titans could be without five players for their home opener, including key men Greg Bird and David Taylor, after they were stood down following drugs-related charges.

Farah said he knew of the dangers in facing an opposition team and fanbase with their backs against the wall but remained positive about the Tigers' own chances of a season-opening win.

"It could [galvanise them]. It could go either way. I don't know. I don't know how their players are feeling. We're confident in the way we're going and we're going up there to win," he said.

The NSW Blues hooker and Kangaroos utility also expressed concern regarding the welfare of representative teammate Bird.

"You are always concerned about your friends, but I don't want to get caught up talking about them. I don't know the details of what's going on and it's not for me to comment," he said.

The Tigers will open their season against the Titans at Cbus Stadium next Saturday evening, before playing their first home game of the year against the Dragons in Campbelltown in Round 2.

https://www.nrl.com/adversity-could-...3/default.aspx
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Anyone buying a ticket and not attending can send it to me. I'm flat broke, but would be there in heartbeat otherwise.
    I just bought 8 tickets for the "Full House" promotion. You still looking for a ticket?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in for Golf
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    boom! ok well you guys can pick a place. tallai has been popular, but im happy to play 18 somewhere also. although maybe a quick is better cos it will be a long evening.
    Stick with Tallai? Its been the scene of our golfing crimes several times before, and clearly some of you guys still need some practice around that course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    I will shout you mate no worries, PM me
    Hey mate, you up for golf before the game?

The boys should be right to go they seemed really pumped last night.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    The boys should be right to go they seemed really pumped last night.
    yea they had enough time to digest, bottom out and regroup. plus the clubs future secured, etc so we are gaining momentum.

if it happened this week, we would be a rabble come game time. we timed an almost fatal crisis to the minute!

The players set to replace Taylor and Bird in the backrow should be pumped. They could be looking at playing a big role this year if the court cases go badly.

I would love to be at golf as well but I have an invite to an early lunch and drinks (courtesy of my local) so I can't knock that back.

P.S. I played golf with DM the other day. He is stoked that the NRL have taken over. Huuuuge relief!