Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Disappointed with the crowd TBH. Only just under 15,000 and a lot of them seemed to be West Tigers fans. The club really has its work cut out getting locals to go to games.

I feel like we had a red hot crack but at the end of the day we just don't have a very good side. The forward pack is very bland and just gave away too much ball and cheap penalties. Moseley looks good but needs to run the ball a bit more. We just couldn't make big yards because none of our forwards are capable of big yards. Mortimer put in one good kick all game. Very disappointed with the kickiing game. I couldn't believe it when Kevin Gordon got run down. If he can't score tries from there he has no value at all. We need to clean this squad out because the squad is just full of depth players.

- - - Updated - - -

Also could CBus have the volume turned up and louder? Seriously I could almost sue for loss of hearing.

Under 15000 was disappointing but I don't know about anyone else but member cards weren't scanning when the gates opened. In the end they just let us walk in so the count would have been out. I was actually quite pleased with the amount of Titans supporters there in comparison to the Tigers fans. Managed to convert my brother and his son to Titans from the cowboys this year. I am worried for the next home game being a dismal turn out as it's against the Knights and they don't draw a big crowd here so the membership team has their work cut out for them.

Hopefully the board gets some more details on the charges alleged against some of our players and we can go to Penrith next week with our A squad. Robinson was rubbish and embarrassing after being put on his butt twice in two consecutive sets of six. His stats show just how ineffective he was.

Richards was always the target for the drop goal but it should never have come down to that. Sezer took an eternity to have that embarrassing shot at goal. Not sure about the hate for Myles, yes he made mistakes but, my god, he was the heart and soul of that team last night had my wife in tears when she saw the look on his face when Richards kicked that field goal.

I don't care if Don is faster or if Gordon is faster. Don > Gordon

The morning after...and I have watched the highlights, the press conference and despite the loss (in heartbreaking style) I was satisfied that they gave it a serious red hot go! We were scratchy in parts and there is room for improvement but they turned up unlike some other QLD teams this weekend (particularly the Cowboys...they were woeful). Admittedly they were playing a higher quality of side and the Tigers may not strike fear into other teams but I was satisfied considering the lead-up events we have endured.
    The big positive for me was desire to hit the front runner in the BIG unit Ryan James rather than always going out the back and continuing to slide...to me this is a Henry blueprint and I really like it. Ryan James will be invaluable to us as a wide running second rower. Just look at what Henry did to Cooper at the Cowboys and what we could do with him at the Titans...poles apart really.
    Looking to 2016 I believe Roberts will have an outstanding year outside Cherry-Evans as we need someone attracts defenders to provide further room for Roberts...Cherry-Evans will do this in spades and as evidenced by last night's game...he can score a meat pie!

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    he had 2 surgeries in the off season, he shouldn't have even been considered imo.
    Maybe he needed his magic rug...

I just read a few comments on this thread and a few posters here need to have a good hard look at themselves, having a crack at the likes of young players like Burr. What do you expect?? He'd have been at QCup level if we'd maintained our forward pack.

Players only count as depth at a club if they are proven at NRL level and can't get a run in first grade. We have exactly zero forwards that fit that profile. In the backs we have Don. That's it.

There's absolutely no point bagging any player this year unless it's on effort, and every player went in hard last night. It's going to be a very long year, we will do well to win even 5 games. Just enjoy the highlights and keep supporting the team.

Someone mentioned here that they thought Tigers supporters outnumbered Titans. It would have been close but who can tell as everyone was told to dress up in rock gear! Who was that genius?

Anyways, come the end of round 1 we will be sitting 9th, 2 points out of the 8 and only -1 differential. Hey, always look for positives!

P.S. Minimum sin bin for that shot on Zillman. Sin bin could/should/would have turned the game in our favour. Placing a player on report is a farce, all it does is give the opposition team that they play the next week the advantage. Ryan James saved a try by intentionally knocking the ball away whilst slowly coming back on side. Yep, he copped 10 minutes and Tigers scored during this period. Moses (was it Moses?) who was last man, high shots Zillman who was going to score I have no doubt about that. If not him, then Mead as DM was tailgating Zillman when he copped the shot. It was a try saving infringement....should have been 10!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I just read a few comments on this thread and a few posters here need to have a good hard look at themselves, having a crack at the likes of young players like Burr. What do you expect?? He'd have been at QCup level if we'd maintained our forward pack.

Players only count as depth at a club if they are proven at NRL level and can't get a run in first grade. We have exactly zero forwards that fit that profile. In the backs we have Don. That's it.

There's absolutely no point bagging any player this year unless it's on effort, and every player went in hard last night. It's going to be a very long year, we will do well to win even 5 games. Just enjoy the highlights and keep supporting the team.
    You raise a fairly good point. I feel most of this Titans team is really only good enough to be depth players at NRL level. They had a red hot go and that was all we can ask of this team at the moment. The talent is just not there.

Given the names that we had sitting out, and the expectation of all and sundry we would get belted, I remain happy with their performance , in fact more than happy. The single point loss was heartbreaking but a 30 point smashing would have been worse.

Reading comments such as 'enjoyed watching them play' is a far cry from a few short months ago.

I'm still excited for what's to come as I hope the more influence Henry has with who plays where and who actually makes the team starts to shine through.
    Onwards and upwards people.

It was great to see the juniors put up a win. Even better that they did it playing good football. A far cry from every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

Sorry mate, didn't mean to give you a thumbs down. Very touchy tablet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Someone mentioned here that they thought Tigers supporters outnumbered Titans. It would have been close but who can tell as everyone was told to dress up in rock gear! Who was that genius?

Anyways, come the end of round 1 we will be sitting 9th, 2 points out of the 8 and only -1 differential. Hey, always look for positives!

P.S. Minimum sin bin for that shot on Zillman. Sin bin could/should/would have turned the game in our favour. Placing a player on report is a farce, all it does is give the opposition team that they play the next week the advantage. Ryan James saved a try by intentionally knocking the ball away whilst slowly coming back on side. Yep, he copped 10 minutes and Tigers scored during this period. Moses (was it Moses?) who was last man, high shots Zillman who was going to score I have no doubt about that. If not him, then Mead as DM was tailgating Zillman when he copped the shot. It was a try saving infringement....should have been 10!
    Unless they have changed the rules you can't use the bin for foul play. I agree that 10 in the bin would have been fair enough. Last night I thought a send off would not have been right but watching it again I am not so sure. He wasn't really wrong footed and he had time to take Zillman legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Crius View Post
    Good Post Karnage, I am sick of so called supporters on this forum always and I mean always bagging the NRL Team. Under the circumstances (events of past few weeks) our NRL team really put in and gave us supporter 100% effort and commitment, just letting themselves down with some execution at critical times, but thats footy and mostl teams are bit rusty in early games. I was very proud of the Team performance by all players and I am looking forward to next week v Panthers, as they will definitely be better for the run, JUST STOP BAGGING THEM and SUPPORT THEM. imo
    You must've enjoyed Carty's reign mate.

I'm actually sick of seeing people, bagging other people for "bagging the club." Such an ironic high horse to sit on.

I also don't like constantly and exclusively negative posts, but to be honest:

1. This is the internet, get used to it or unplug your computer and don't participate. We all love the team.
    2. I would argue that voicing frustration and exchanging ideas is more vital to a vibrant supporter base than blind faith. I would've thought the Jordan King's of the world would've realised that after seeing how close the last mob came to sending the club off a cliff.
    3. I'm not sure how many supporter forums you've been to, but this is about the most respectful (to the players, and each-other) one I've ever seen.
    4. Most of the 'bagging' that you read on here is, if not warranted, a valid opinion that someone with a vested interest in the club's success holds (generally speaking). You certainly don't have to agree with it, you don't even really have to respect it, but you do have to tolerate it (see point 1). Bagging other people for voicing their opinions on a forum almost inherently designed to facilitate such conversation is at best futile and at worst, counter-productive (see point 2).

I wish I read more positive things about the club as a whole and individual players on the team too, but ignoring facts and celebrating failure and mediocrity is not going to make this club great.

/rant

I'll also just add that this isn't a personal go at you TC. I actually really enjoy your posts, especially about the juniors. Keep it up
    Last edited by K2G; 08-03-15 at 09:23 PM.

Great post K2G. I believe this is a very respectful forum and for that reason is the only one I post on. Your point 2 above is very appropriate and i believe our group constructive approach played a part in some of the changes at the club after last season. We could have just copped the same old crap but we went constructively about change.
    I dont like to see continual bagging but as my mate Bozo says "show me someone who is happy coming second and I'll show you a fool". I am very happy about the way the club is headed now but we have long way to go and there will be no blind faith from me.

Like you i also reckon TC's posts are a good read.

K2G and MT nailed it, and without targeting cirius specifically, they bag the baggers thing on FB gives me the Shiytes.

if we are objectively discussing performance, I'm ok with it as long it's fair. No need for nastiness, and nothing personal, but players need to earn that faith also, and sometimes they don't. in the Canberra v sharks tonight, sharks trying to snatch it with 4 minutes left... Their captain-in-waiting Wade Graham gave away 2 really poor penalties back to back to take raiders from there own goal line to sharks line. That deserves discussion and dissection. He let down a tonne of people. But we are all quick to give credit where it's due as well as the benefit of the doubt often.

Was an unlucky loss, i can see some changes coming but i feel it will take more time. Looking forward to this year to see how it all pans out , not expecting miracles but want to see how we develop as a club and see how the group develops as a team
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Whose our defensive coach these days?

We still got a lot of work in that department. Too much scrambling, compared to the Tigers. Between that 'n the errors, lost it for us last night
    Last edited by Toads; 09-03-15 at 12:05 AM.