Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Kevvy seemed to be carrying an injury.
    he had 2 surgeries in the off season, he shouldn't have even been considered imo.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Kevvy seemed to be carrying an injury. At one stage he looked out of it. But maybe he's always like that?
    Yea. I thought it was shut the gate time. Great intercept though...
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I just have one question.....HOW WAS MOSES NOT SENT OFF FOR THAT HIGH SHOT?!?!?!

One of the worst I've seen ffs
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Match Report: Rd 1 Titans v Tigers

A courageous undermanned Titans have suffered a heartbreaking one-point loss to start the season when Tigers winger Pat Richards kicked a 30m field goal with just two seconds remaining at Cbus Super Stadium tonight.

With the scores locked at 18-all, the Titans twice lost possession in good position to give the Tigers one last throw of the dice in the final minutes.

On the last tackle with just one shot at victory before the game went into extra-time, Richards came into centre field and the ball went to Luke Brooks to kick but he shuffled the ball to Richards with more space and he came up with an outstanding pressure kick to break the hearts of the crowd of over 14,000.

Ultimately, it was some dropped balls at the Tigers end that cost us although there were some controversial decisions in the match.

The Titans led 12-6 at half-time thanks to a great try from Ryan James on the left edge 90 seconds before the break.

After back-to-back penalties, Aidan Sezer threw a brilliant ball to James right at the line a couple of metres out and the big second-rower took two defenders over with him as he just made the try-line. Sezer’s conversion have the home side a six-point break.

Earlier James Roberts gave the Titans a dream start when he raced throw inside Pat Richards and got the edge with speed to latch onto a terrific grubber into the in-goal on the right side from Daniel Mortimer.

Sezer’s kick hit the right post to leave the score at 4-0.

Then came some controversy. James Tedesco was put onto the attack 20 metres out after a line-ball pass from debutant Kyle Lovett. Play was allowed to continue and James was offside at the play the ball an intercepted a pass that may had led to a try on the right side.

He was sin-binned for 10 minutes and from the ensuing set Pat Richards scored from an overlap in the left corner, then converted to level the scores.

But James’ try swung the game back to the Titans who received a rousing reception from the good crowd as they left the field for the break.

The Tigers brought it back to 12-10 at the 10th-minute into the second half when Pat Richards scored his second try when the Tigers took advantage of a third set at the Titans after a penalty and line-drop out. Richards missed the conversion.

Another couple of penalties saw the Tigers head up field and Richards levelled the scores from a goal after James was penalised for contact on Mitchell Moses as he kicked on the last.

Farah put his side right back on the attack when he shocked the Titans with a 40-20. Aaron Woods looked like he had scored two rucks later but the video replays showed he pulled up short in the tackle of Pettybourne and Mortimer.

But just three plays later the Tigers went to the left and James Tedesco took James Roberts on at the line and got the ball down. Richards converted for 18-12 to the Tigers.

The controversial moment of the game came when Tigers five-eighth Mitchell Moses took Will Zillman high in an ugly tackle. The crowd screamed for him to be sent from the field, ref Gavin Badger just put him on report.

After another penalty gave the Titans another set, James Roberts scored when he pivoted from dummy half and went over. Sezer converted from wide out to level the scores at 18-all.

Kevin Gordon intercepted and ran 70m but the Tigers defence ran him down and we lost the ball before we could set for a field goal.

We were in a golden opportunity to seal the match when on the attack with three minutes to go but James lost the ball metres from the line. In our next shot at them, Myles lost the ball on the fourth tackle and poor handling was costing us dearly.

http://www.titans.com.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    I just have one question.....HOW WAS MOSES NOT SENT OFF FOR THAT HIGH SHOT?!?!?!

One of the worst I've seen ffs
    <iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OEMhtUJ0wjn/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Lolol first GIF of the season
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Badger....Badger....We don't need no stinkin Badgers!

Gordon clutching at his shoulder all night. James' ill discipline should not go unpunished (with Bird gone he seems to have taken up the milking of penalties) and it's not hard to defend against an overlap when the ball will never go past him. Paasi hopefully played himself into the permanent interchange. Douglas is pedestrian. Moseley off the field for far too long. Myles was absolutely devastated when he came to the side line at full time. From my seats I thought Mortimer played the better game over Sezer but I'll watch a replay. At least he was able to put on back line plays as opposed to Sezer's side which is still "Cartified". Hoffman and Roberts were great. Gordon quite obviously has lost his speed with Brooks chasing him down with a head start. Tigers were offside all night and never penalised. Titans were made to stay 12 metres on side. I thought if the NRL owned us we might get some sort of a home field advantage but as usual we get the short end. Moses staying on the field proves that. I'm devastated but this is not our first pick team up against a full strength Tigers. Showing promise. 10,400 members announced. 14000 odd crowd was disappointing and I'm worried what the crowd for Newcastle will be like.

need to watch the replay as close to action makes it hard to really see stuff.

taupau was a beast for them early...then stopped running hard in the second half.

Mortimer seemed to get the ball wider more often than sezer did, so ill have to watch for why people want Morts gone over Sezer.

Ryan James was really good, and quite bad also at times.

Petty, ioane, paasi were ready to rock and showed the mainstays what effort is.

We should have closed that out three times, but our forwards didnt show any patience or game sense.

Gordon is slow, and Mead, Don, James would have scored that long ranger..except that they wouldnt have got the intercept. they just would have been scored on.

DCE needs to get good ball to JR often next year.

Mosely was lively.

Myles was pretty good, but still ill disciplined at times.

- - - Updated - - -

and ninth spot after round one is assured.... is that as high as we will get?

Haven't read any other comments yet but just back home and early thoughts:
    - Moseley should play all the game as he was all over Srama. If he needs a breather move Morts there for 10 minutes. Srama was ok but he always comes up with a clanger like the pass he threw at a blokes feet
    - kicking game after the first try was absolutely woeful. For Christ sake find some turf and occasionally kick to the corners. Straight away I think of DCE's kicking game which kills anything we have
    - Burr and Robbo disaapointing
    - a much better effort in attack and at we had options. In past years when we fell behind in the 2nd half we would have collapsed and never levelled up like we did tonight
    - I know we have a had a few discussions on here about Gordon losing pace. Case closed on that after tonight in the affirmative
    - I thought the report was the right call for the head high. Was high but not a stiff arm
    - Ryan James was great I thought. A couple of errors but very promising for the rest of the year
    - Overall you can't be happy with a loss but good signs for the future especially if a few blokes come back
    -The three blokes kicking at half time should have been in Sydney at the Mardi Gras as all three kicks were limp
    - And Carty's influence at the Cowboys seems to have started.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Haven't read any other comments yet but just back home and early thoughts:
    - Moseley should play all the game as he was all over Srama. If he needs a breather move Morts there for 10 minutes. Srama was ok but he always comes up with a clanger like the pass he threw at a blokes feet
    - kicking game after the first try was absolutely woeful. For Christ sake find some turf and occasionally kick to the corners. Straight away I think of DCE's kicking game which kills anything we have
    - Burr and Robbo disaapointing
    - a much better effort in attack and at we had options. In past years when we fell behind in the 2nd half we would have collapsed and never levelled up like we did tonight
    - I know we have a had a few discussions on here about Gordon losing pace. Case closed on that after tonight in the affirmative
    - I thought the report was the right call for the head high. Was high but not a stiff arm
    - Ryan James was great I thought. A couple of errors but very promising for the rest of the year
    - Overall you can't be happy with a loss but good signs for the future especially if a few blokes come back
    -The three blokes kicking at half time should have been in Sydney at the Mardi Gras as all three kicks were limp
    - And Carty's influence at the Cowboys seems to have started.
    Omg, Firstly dont bring DCE into this discussion...sensitive !!

I told you guys yrs ago Srama cannot pass, Kev couldnt walk 2 months ago but still would beat Don in a race and i will bet anyone that. Ryan James...we just gotta hang in there watching him lol

Zillman played solid as did Hoffy, James needs more ball...Mead needs a nintendo or playstation out there as he gets bored and these frigin Roosters have already won the comp 40 mins into the new season.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Oh and when is Aaron Woods off contract? That's what a prop is supposed to do. 19 runs for 182 m and 29 tackles. I think he was off for 2 seconds before he had to come back on for an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Oh and when is Aaron Woods off contract? That's what a prop is supposed to do. 19 runs for 182 m and 29 tackles. I think he was off for 2 seconds before he had to come back on for an injury.
    Big NO THANK YOU. He is a good player but a deadset grub and we don't need that.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Just watched a replay & thought it was a great effort for the cattle that was available , I never thought they were any chance of winning the match prior to the game so I pleased for them to have come so close..

My thoughts on the match

Pettybourne will be a good purchase with a few more games under his belt

James was very good probably our best along with Roberts

Passi looks promising
    Mortimer showed he's a hooker & should replace Srama immediately with Elgey to wear the 7

Robinson looks a bit lost but needs more footy before he should be bagged as does Burr

Douglas solid as usual along with Ioane but Myles looked like he's just comeback from SOO

Mosely can play 80 if given the chance will be a star

Sezar,Zilman,Mead & Hoffman all did their jobs

Gordon.....please tell me how he was ever picked ahead of Don or even Li ..no pace & offers zero

The team shows promise but would love to see Elgey & Don in the
    Starting 13 in the next week or 2
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 07-03-15 at 10:46 PM.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Rep Player

Well there goes most of the optimism built up in the offseason there goes another game we should of won but as usual we implode when it counts. Just a repeat of last year. Poor discipline, too many handling errors and not enough punch in attack. Highlights: Paasi ran hard and played well. I was suprised with Pettybourne he ran hard and gave it a really good crack. James played a pretty good game and Sramas defense was solid as always when he came on.

Lowlights: Myles: what an absolute shocker of a game! handling errors and penalties including the game winner. Douglas, Burr and Robinson absolutely ZERO impact. And Gordon I feel sorry for him but he just doesnt have it anymore unforunately.

And finally......ZILLMAN. I honestly cannot stomach another game at fullback. Why does everyone make excuses for him? He offers nothing. Nothing in attack and ZERO in defense he is always no where near the ball when they attack the line. You need something special out of your fullback not just mediocrity get him out move Mead or Hoffman to the back and bring Don back in.

All in all its still game 1 but we really need to get these handling errors and silly penalties out of our game. We have DCE and a host of changes coming next year but I dont want to see another wasted season with showings like that for our home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Big NO THANK YOU. He is a good player but a deadset grub and we don't need that.
    Zero errors, zero missed tackles, zero penalties conceded as opposed to James' 2 penalties, 10 in the bin and at least 2 errors from memory and don't get me started on Bird being a grub. I'll say it again 182 run metres! We don't see that across 3 props.