Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Haven't read any other comments yet but just back home and early thoughts:
    - Moseley should play all the game as he was all over Srama. If he needs a breather move Morts there for 10 minutes. Srama was ok but he always comes up with a clanger like the pass he threw at a blokes feet
    - kicking game after the first try was absolutely woeful. For Christ sake find some turf and occasionally kick to the corners. Straight away I think of DCE's kicking game which kills anything we have
    - Burr and Robbo disaapointing
    - a much better effort in attack and at we had options. In past years when we fell behind in the 2nd half we would have collapsed and never levelled up like we did tonight
    - I know we have a had a few discussions on here about Gordon losing pace. Case closed on that after tonight in the affirmative
    - I thought the report was the right call for the head high. Was high but not a stiff arm
    - Ryan James was great I thought. A couple of errors but very promising for the rest of the year
    - Overall you can't be happy with a loss but good signs for the future especially if a few blokes come back
    -The three blokes kicking at half time should have been in Sydney at the Mardi Gras as all three kicks were limp
    - And Carty's influence at the Cowboys seems to have started.
    i could take offence at that...if it werent true. i went and had 15 or 20 kicks today and nailed almost every one from 30m. But Charli up in my face, and seeing some friends in the crowd spooked me. shanked it hard. still pissed off. but we lost by one, and i missed a kick to win a second signed jersey to go with my 2013 model and MEadys official 2012 jersey, so some others have had a worse weekend that me

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Well there goes most of the optimism built up in the offseason there goes another game we should of won but as usual we implode when it counts. Just a repeat of last year. Poor discipline, too many handling errors and not enough punch in attack. Highlights: Paasi ran hard and played well. I was suprised with Pettybourne he ran hard and gave it a really good crack. James played a pretty good game and Sramas defense was solid as always when he came on.

Lowlights: Myles: what an absolute shocker of a game! handling errors and penalties including the game winner. Douglas, Burr and Robinson absolutely ZERO impact. And Gordon I feel sorry for him but he just doesnt have it anymore unforunately.

And finally......ZILLMAN. I honestly cannot stomach another game at fullback. Why does everyone make excuses for him? He offers nothing. Nothing in attack and ZERO in defense he is always no where near the ball when they attack the line. You need something special out of your fullback not just mediocrity get him out move Mead or Hoffman to the back and bring Don back in.

All in all its still game 1 but we really need to get these handling errors and silly penalties out of our game. We have DCE and a host of changes coming next year but I dont want to see another wasted season with showings like that for our home games.
    I think you are a bit harsh. Yes there were some similarities with last year but overall I thought they tried far more things in attack. Even the hitups had a couple of passing options and they generally made pretty good metres. Last year everyone knew who was getting the ball and they just got smashed.
    I thought Douglas had one of his better games in the last couple of seasons. We had possession 57% to 43% at half time yet at the finish the Tigers won possession 53% to 47% so that is a massive turnaround in the second half yet we came back to level up.
    We lost by a point - bearing in mind most people think Burr and Robbo were average, would we have won if Bird and Taylor had played? I think so.
    We didn't and that is not good enough however I reckon there were some decent signs for the future.

Highlights: Rd 1 Titans v Tigers
    <script height="384px" width="682px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec =NzcHdzczrnBqmxXvRS6yEyHOPiTHilQn"></script>
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i could take offence at that...if it werent true. i went and had 15 or 20 kicks today and nailed almost every one from 30m. But Charli up in my face, and seeing some friends in the crowd spooked me. shanked it hard. still pissed off. but we lost by one, and i missed a kick to win a second signed jersey to go with my 2013 model and MEadys official 2012 jersey, so some others have had a worse weekend that me
    Sounds like you woulda had a better time with your driver out there hahahahaha
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    If Charli was near me I would impress by kicking one. I don't know you - which was your kick - the first to the right, the second which was short or the last which went left. I think they said you had to get one from 40 for the jersey, and you guys were kicking for a signed footy. I might have heard wrong though.
    And yes some have had a worse weekend. Manly thrashed, then DCE leaves, then the Titans lose in the last 5 seconds. But the good thing about footy is that everything can be redeemed next week and I am taking it one week at a time........and all those other clichés that losers use.

Rep Player

I think you are a bit harsh. Yes there were some similarities with last year but overall I thought they tried far more things in attack. Even the hitups had a couple of passing options and they generally made pretty good metres. Last year everyone knew who was getting the ball and they just got smashed.
    I thought Douglas had one of his better games in the last couple of seasons. We had possession 57% to 43% at half time yet at the finish the Tigers won possession 53% to 47% so that is a massive turnaround in the second half yet we came back to level up.
    We lost by a point - bearing in mind most people think Burr and Robbo were average, would we have won if Bird and Taylor had played? I think so.
    We didn't and that is not good enough however I reckon there were some decent signs for the future.
    To clarify yes our attack did look a lot more threatening compared to last year and we are under the pump obviously with the off field drama but the disappointment more comes from the handling errors and penalties. The similarities with last year was that we continue to come up with mistakes and penalties at crucial times and were constantly letting them off the hook with easing penalties. I think regardless of our personnel and issues you cannot win a game with out getting these fundamentals right.

I agree we probably would of won had bird and taylor there but we easily should of won that game but threw it away multiple times. But yes the positive signs are there and we were rewarded finally seeing some players actually getting a go (honestly Pettybourne and Paasi really impressed me having written them off pre-season). If we can rub out these errors and get our key personnel back we will trouble some teams and I clearly cant judge a season off 1 game so bring on next week

Good to see a solid effort from most. When Gordon took the intercept he was under the posts, 4 years ago. Don must come in. Gordon beat Don for speed now? Laughable.
    How did nobody get onto Richards at the end? A blind man could see that he was the one to take the shot.

Press Conference: Rd 1 Titans v Tigers
    <script height="384px" width="682px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec =F1aXhzczpOoLD4z4c8_3t***c61RAiiA"></script>

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Gordon beat Don for speed now? Laughable.
    We have a taker for my bet
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    How did nobody get onto Richards at the end? A blind man could see that he was the one to take the shot.
    Actually mate the ball went to Brooks and he was crowded so threw it to Richards who had no time but still snapped it like the pro he is. Sezer had ages to prepare for his shot but as I have said for a while he is too slow, even though I thought he had a fair game tonight. In fairness to Sezer, we had just lost Zilly who is usually another field goal option so it was more obvious that Sezer would be our field goal taker.

First Grader

That must be Mortimer's last game at half. He had a shocker. Has little organisational skills for a half and in the second half went MIA. Also his positional play as an edge defender provides no confidence for Roberts where the Tigers exploited our right edge.

Actually mate the ball went to Brooks and he was crowded so threw it to Richards who had no time but still snapped it like the pro he is. Sezer had ages to prepare for his shot but as I have said for a while he is too slow, even though I thought he had a fair game tonight. In fairness to Sezer, we had just lost Zilly who is usually another field goal option so it was more obvious that Sezer would be our field goal taker.
    Richards came from the wing to the middle on the second tackle. The fake to Brooks was organised. I was watching those two and not the play.

High shot mars Wests Tigers' last-gasp win over Gold Coast Titans

The debate around when to use the send-off in rugby league – if ever – will begin once more after Wests Tigers five-eighth Mitchell Moses clothes-lined Gold Coast Titans fullback William Zillman with a spectacular high shot in the Wests Tigers 19-18 last-gasp win at Robina.

Moses was placed on report in the 68th minute after he was wrong-footed by Zillman in the middle of the field. He flung out the arm, catching his sprinting opponent around the neck and sending the Titans custodian sailing through the air and thudding to the park.

There was no malice in the tackle but the dramatic nature of the contact had the crowd calling for him to be marched from the field as he was beckoned by referees. Instead, Moses was placed on report, while the Titans would fire up to level proceedings at 18-18 all with 10 minutes left on the clock.

After a horror pre-season, it seemed as if the Titans might be able to salute in round one and add some more good news to the books after the signing of Manly star Daly Cherry-Evans came through late on Saturday night.

Instead, the sure boot of Tigers winger Pat Richards would add more salt to the open wounds. With just seconds left on the clock, he took aim from 40 metres out and the ball set sail through the posts. The Titans simply cannot take a trick.

Richards sprinted back in jubilation and he can rightly suggest he helped save the day for a flat Tigers outfit that took an eternity to get moving in their first outing of the year, coming back from a 12-6 deficit at the break to sneak over the line in unconvincing fashion.

But there will be more to come from the match, for Moses in particular. And back-rower Martin Taupau was also booked for a swinging arm on Zillman, who will take some prying out of bed on Sunday morning after being put through the ringer.

The Titans had urged fans to come and back the embattled franchise and while only 14,000 answered the call, they were rewarded with a gutsy effort from a side minus alleged drug suppliers Greg Bird, Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon.

Things could hardly have started in more promising fashion for the home side. It took just seven minutes for them to cross, with James Roberts pouncing on a well-timed grubber from Daniel Mortimer to give the home side a 4-0 lead.

It was a momentary bounce and the Titans soon found themselves on the back foot, with Taupau surging into the line and giving the Tigers the kind of field position that should be producing points.

But poor ball control from both outfits ensured it was a stuttering affair throughout, with neither side able to sustain any early pressure under the deluge of unforced errors.

Slowly but surely, the Tigers were eating up the yards and looked as if they had hit back after 23 minutes. Luke Brooks was off and gone but the pass that set him free was justly called forward.

Finally the Tigers struck but only after some good fortune. Officials overlooked what looked like a blatant forward pass but didn't miss Ryan James getting off his line early to slap down the pass from dummy half.

He was given 10 minutes in the bin and Richards would put the Tigers ahead soon after, with the Sydneysiders taking a 6-4 lead with just over 10 minutes left in the half.

A penalty to Aidan Sezer five minutes from the break levelled proceedings at 6-6 and the lukewarm crowd was suddenly starting to get interested. Back-to-back penalties and a repeat set had them roaring and the Titans were over, with James crossing in the 39th minutes to send it to the break at 12-6.

The second half was all about Richards, on the scoreboard at least. He scored his second to edge his side closer, then added a penalty to make it 12-12. Tries to James Tedesco and another to Roberts saw it locked at 18 apiece before Richards had the final word as the clock ticked down.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/

That was a hard working effort by our team. We competed hard but we just lack the top end NRL talent to be a force in this competition.

I liked the shape we played with. It might have got there slowly, but at least our centres got the ball directly from the halves without a second rower in the way.

Gordon is slow. No other word for it. His intercept should have put us up by 6. A halfback who had done twice as much work throughout the game gave him a start and a beating over little more than 50m. Embarrassing.

We aren't going to win too many games this year, but if we compete with that sort of effort and play with that extra bit of width at least we will be fun to watch.

Oh, can we get Hoffman or Mead to fullback please??

Delayed telecast here so haven't read any comments. Myles took up from where he left off last year - plodding, mistake-ridden pooh bah. Gordon may or not have his pace but he certainly doesn't bring what Don brings although I would have had Don marking Richards and get some height on that left wing like Li. Zillman, no surprise there and surely he has had it in this team - no he hasn't, he is untouchable.

Burr is just a kid and shouldn't cop such a mauling on here … we asked for youth and he'll only get better. Robinson was ineffectual though and won't last when we get the others back. Paasi was outrageous in his first shot and Pettybourne will certainly add punch. Hoffman was solid but not much more and Moseley was streets ahead of Srama considering that was his first run - having a hooker on the bench is just a waste.

My real complaint is the halves. Sezer was again pedestrian and Mortimer is awful - of course DCE will own that jersey but right now we need Elgey in there. Our right side defence was woeful.

Plenty to work on and not heart-broken but losing those two points probably make us spoon favourites.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.