Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Not much Henry can do with the squad he has got. I do wish he went for youth over spuds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Not much Henry can do with the squad he has got. I do wish he went for youth over spuds though.
    same. Just looks like another Cartwright named team to me. Why even sign Hoff if he's not even going to play fullback?

edit: and wtf, Gordon over Don? are you kidding me?

Sorry if I sound frustrated...there's just a few selections there that leave me wondering, wtf did some of those guys do to get the call up over others? I would have even loved to see Elgey get a shot off the bench for Sezer or Mortimer too...just to give him a taste of first grade like Sticky did with Cornish last year.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 03-03-15 at 05:19 PM.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Mate, you'll have a great time and I'm only sorry that I can't be there. A couple of livewire centres could work wonders for the Little Goat (yes, I know I should have called him a 'kid' but it may have been misunderstood).
    I know we will have a great time at the game no doubt the family will love it after the last week and a half. Been on the coast since Friday so it has already been great.

My positives for this week's line-up:

*Really looking forward to seeing how Ryan James handles the position shift. Won't expect big things straight away - but it could be a great move for us. You'd have to think it won't help his origin chances though, with the Blues flush with second row options.

*Happy to see Hoffman in the centres. I hope he goes so well there, that Henry thinks twice about shifting him anywhere else down the track. One less man Mead has to jump to rightfully claim the #1. Regardless, we have a *potentially* very dangerous centre pairing with him and Roberts. Can we get good ball to them though??!!

* I will be watching Moseley and Paasi with a particularly keen eye. I'd like to think they will be two of the 'post-carty' era names who will survive the inevitable broom which surely has to sweep through our current roster. Would've liked to have seen Elgey and Li named as well, but its only a matter of time. Before round 10 I predict.

*I really like Ioane ... hope he can tap into that fat vein of form he found late last year, immediately.

Stoked the footy is back

I am more interested in seeing how Elgey and Fogarty go for Tweed this weekend.

Awesome tigers by 10......

If we win this it will be a big win, Will be an interesting game. At least we didnt start with Rabbits :|
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Gordon over Don is a bit rich, but i can see him giving Zillman a chance after a pre season with real coaches to see what he has got. if he fails to deliver, then he is all out of excuses and Hoff can slot in there.

excited to see some changes in the forward pack, and i love eddy petty, but i would have thought he wasnt ripe just yet.

we wont set the world on fire, but watching mosely, passi, ioane, JR and hoff is woth price of admission for me. plus eddy petty is always hustling. he will be fun to watch until he subs in the 11th minute

There are a few 'strange' selections but I still think it is a decent side. Zillman at FB left me scratching my head but like DB said, maybe a new year, new coach situation will improve him. If not then Hoffman or Meady gets the spot. No more auto selections like in the past. Gordon is also another confusing choice as I thought Don would be the better choice, however I am willing to give him a chance to prove himself.

Some positives I can take out:

-Our centre pairing looks really strong with Hoffman and Roberts. They add plenty of strength, power and speed out wide. Add a hopefully fit wing pair of Mead and Gordon and we have a backline capable of scoring plenty of points.

-Ryan James at second row will be interesting and I think it will be good. His power out wide will be beneficial and I feel he has been wasted in the middle of the park. Just imagine our backrow if Taylor is cleared and able to play

-Moseley at hooker will be good to see. The bench spot probably could have gone to Elgey or Hazard but Srama will give Moseley a breather while still keeping our team on the front foot. Good hooker pairing.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Nice to see that Carty took the time to fax his team selection back to the Titans LOL

But seriously, lots of new faces... hard to predict what we'll see from this team...

Junior

I have a heap of respect for Henry as a NRL Coach (plus he has a very good assistant Coach in Matterson) and with what has happened that did leave his hands tied a bit, but I respect his decisions and he knows the best and I am happy with the Team that was selected and all I ask is that they are competitive and have a real dig for the full 80 minutes, win or lose I just hope their game and effort is something that we as Titans Fans can be really proud. Lets get to the Game, Go Titans.
    IMO why bag the team, lets just support the team.

TBH the selection of Gordon over Don is really splitting hairs stuff IMO. Neither are really that great to begin with. Wow this squad is a mess. Mortimer at halfback is what it is. A little bit of experience and hoping it works out. Sezer will likely be injured shortly anyhow so Elgey will get his shot then. I think Neil will just have to do the best he can with what he has got. I think his selection policy will change in a hurry if we make some big signings for next season.

Junior

Expect a "neil henry special" and have 5 changes just before kick off.

good luck to them. happy to see moseley given a shot.

Gordon is getting his speed back and is a better finisher than a lot in the NRL, that is prob why he's picked over Don
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

teke beat me to it, but I was just thinking Gordon has had a lot of time ot put the bench press away and work on his speed, so I guess he is getting back to his best. He was a hustler when he was fit and confident, so I'm prepared to see what he's got now.

Same with most of the payers. I don't know who is who in that zoo, so it's gonna be interesting.

I'm gonna smash a few pints at the pub and then hit the members bar for a few 150 Lashes and then enjoy the game, regardless of the result. Just happy that the footy is back, and just glad we have a future.

Great to see Mosely getting the number 9 jersey, I like what I see from him. Also can't wait to see Hoffman in Titans colours. Can't wait for the footy to start!