Threaded View

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    You must've enjoyed Carty's reign mate.

I'm actually sick of seeing people, bagging other people for "bagging the club." Such an ironic high horse to sit on.

I also don't like constantly and exclusively negative posts, but to be honest:

1. This is the internet, get used to it or unplug your computer and don't participate. We all love the team.
    2. I would argue that voicing frustration and exchanging ideas is more vital to a vibrant supporter base than blind faith. I would've thought the Jordan King's of the world would've realised that after seeing how close the last mob came to sending the club off a cliff.
    3. I'm not sure how many supporter forums you've been to, but this is about the most respectful (to the players, and each-other) one I've ever seen.
    4. Most of the 'bagging' that you read on here is, if not warranted, a valid opinion that someone with a vested interest in the club's success holds (generally speaking). You certainly don't have to agree with it, you don't even really have to respect it, but you do have to tolerate it (see point 1). Bagging other people for voicing their opinions on a forum almost inherently designed to facilitate such conversation is at best futile and at worst, counter-productive (see point 2).

I wish I read more positive things about the club as a whole and individual players on the team too, but ignoring facts and celebrating failure and mediocrity is not going to make this club great.

/rant

I'll also just add that this isn't a personal go at you TC. I actually really enjoy your posts, especially about the juniors. Keep it up
    THIS! Amen! Its not bagging a team or players its discussing both the good and the bad from the game. Sure some games are going to have more negatives than positives. At the end of the day I dont think anyone is going to waste their time consistently posting on this board if they are simply here to just bag out the team.

As K2G said we all love this team, have stuck by this team and want to see nothing more than this team succeed in the future. I feel this forum is a great place for us fans to come together and discuss our team and personally being located in middle between donkeys and cowboys territory there arent too many fans in my area to converse with about my club.

Its the internet people are going to have opinions and are going to throw in 'their 2 cents' every now and then (my username alone shows my love for zilololo and the former regime) but as K2G so perfectly summed up you dont have to like, agree or respect it just tolerate it. There were many positives to take out of last nights game and some penalties and handling errors which we seem to come up with for far too many seasons now but all in all the future is bright and this forum is a great place for everyone to have their say and it would be pointless to drive people away by criticism them about their opinions on an open forum about a club.
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 09-03-15 at 12:11 AM.