Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

On a different note. Will this latest indiscretion force the NRL's hand to step in and do something about our club?

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    On a different note. Will this latest indiscretion force the NRL's hand to step in and do something about our club?
    That is what I am worrying about too. They'd have to be getting fed up with us for sure.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Mate you deserve the comment of the year award. That is classic!
    I felt guilty about the comment and deleted it but not quickly enough before you 'outed' me...
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

they usually only do something if the club is not acting swiftly.

we have been hard and fast and not tolerating any crap...they might seek more assurances, but i cant see any thing else just yet

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    labrador? southport sharks? whatever second or third tier cop they have

- - - Updated - - -

how did he get all those votes again in our player of year???

mod deletion in 3,2,1...
    That's funny DB.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    I felt guilty about the comment and deleted it but not quickly enough before you 'outed' me...
    Mate don't feel guilty. I thought the comment was hilarious. I can delete my reply if you want but I haven't laughed that hard it a while

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Mate don't feel guilty. I thought the comment was hilarious. I can delete my reply if you want but I haven't laughed that hard it a while
    No worries T4L. What's the definition of comedy, 'tragedy plus time'. I think my timing might have been out.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

@RLW_Mole: @packnaught the other is a forward. Hasn't played much first grade #clue

I have a very good idea on who this might be but I won't post his name until it is confirmed. See I am getting better HS
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 20-02-15 at 02:35 PM.

Immortal

Man this is the last straw for me seriouly don't these blokes know how lucky they are to be professional sports people

I think I know who it is, so I just may need to change my starting team.

Very hard to write a comment without swearing. This club must come down as hard as possible on any proven offenders. There can't be any second chances. These guys are adults and this isn't a momentary drunken lack of judgement. Get rid of them.

Second guy confirmed. Article coming soon.

@jimmyhooper
    The second Gold Coast Titans player who has been served a notice to appear on cocaine charges by the QCCC is Jamie Dowling #NRL

The Titans are expected to stand both Falloon and Dowling down immediately after both served notices to appear on supply charges #NRL

- - - Updated - - -

Karmichael Hunt and Gold Coast Titans players Jamie Dowling and Beau Falloon facing cocaine charges

February 20, 2015 - 4:15PM

Adrian Proszenko and Michael Carayannis

Under investigation: Karmichael Hunt charged with supplying cocaine

Gold Coast utility Jamie Dowling, the grandson of former Dragons and Queensland hooker John Dowling, is the latest footballer embroiled in a drugs bust which has also claimed Titans teammate Beau Falloon and cross-code star Karmichael Hunt.

Dowling, who has made 10 NRL appearances since making his debut in 2012, is facing cocaine supply charged following a six-month investigation by the Crime and Corruption Commission.

Queensland Reds rugby union player Hunt has been charged by Queensland's Crime and Corruption Commission with four counts of supplying cocaine.

The former Australian rugby league player was one of four people - three men and one woman - charged. Hunt is due to appear in Southport Magistrates Court on March 5. News Corp is reporting Hunt's co-accused, a Burleigh Waters man, 24 and a Mermaid Waters man, 27, are the two Titans players. A Mermaid Waters woman, 22, was also arrested and all three will also appear in court on March 5.

The Australian Rugby Union's integrity team and the Queensland Reds are investigating Hunt's arrest. Both players and management at the Reds are said to be stunned by the developments. The ARU released a statement on Friday morning saying it had been made aware of the reports surrounding Hunt and was seeking more details and would make further comment after making its own inquiries.

It is alleged Hunt and the co-accused arranged for cocaine for personal use or to be passed on to friends or colleagues between June and December 2014.

Hunt was playing in the AFL for the Gold Coast Suns and training with the Reds during that time.

"During an investigation focused on a cocaine trafficking syndicate operating in South East Queensland, these four individuals were identified contacting the syndicate and arranging for the supply of cocaine," Queensland's Crime and Corruption Commission's statement read.

Code jumper Hunt began his career playing rugby league for the Brisbane Broncos in 2004.

At fullback, Hunt helped the Broncos take out the 2006 NRL premiership and earned himself selection in both the Queensland State of Origin and Australian squads.

By 2009, Hunt had grown weary of the NRL. He shocked the sporting community by announcing a code switch, not to the widely expected rugby union, but to Australian rules.

That year, he signed a three-year contract with new franchise the Gold Coast Suns, whose inaugural season kicked off in 2011.

Hunt played in the Suns midfield alongside the likes of Australian rules great Gary Ablett until 2014 and described Australian rules as "the best game that is out there", after playing 44 games in his three campaigns.

But due to persistent injury concerns Hunt decided to quit the sport.

"My genetics suggest I should be playing another game," he said.

In August, Hunt announced that he would be leaving the Suns to try to break through to the Wallabies squad. He had previously dipped in and out of rugby union overseas with French club Biarritz Olympique.

Hunt made his debut for the Queensland Reds in Super Rugby only last week, playing fly-half as the Reds were thrashed 47-3 by the Brumbies in Canberra.

Reds coach Richard Graham had planned to shift Hunt to fullback for Saturday's game against the Western Force.

"Karmichael has given the team a lot of confidence playing 15," Graham said on Thursday.

"His communication is excellent. Obviously [he has] courage and commitment in defence and then there's his kicking. That ultimately made my mind up for me."

In light of Friday's allegations, Hunt's position in Saturday's line-up could now be in jeopardy.

- with Phil Lutton and Eryk Bagshaw
    http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leagu...20-13kkqx.html (The Age)
    Last edited by Pallas; 20-02-15 at 03:28 PM.

It's a bad look for us yeah but we'll get through it like we have everything else.

Pallas I am sorry but I don't think Dowling will be playing this year anymore.

Did not expect them two to be involved.