Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Hearing from several sources now that a very big former Donkeys player is about to be charged next...could take the spotlight off the Titans well and truly.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I might be the only one on here who holds this view, but I personally couldn't give a **** if players take recreational drugs in the off season.

I don't really care if they do drugs 30 minutes after a game before they hit the clubs/bars, as long as they arent cheating on the field. If they aren't getting caught out by the drug testing, then either they are clean by testing time or the testing is not effective.

The charge of supplying is a pretty serious charge though, so I'll just sit and wait and see who is charged with what, and then what charges are actually proven before I start writing off players.
    i give a **** that they go from school to school preaching healthy lifestyles, then dont live by it.

i give a **** that blokes like Chris from memberships works his ass off trying to get members, marketing working on sponsors, and daryl kelly putting ass loads of cash in and these guys have zero regard for the consequences.

i give a **** because it is an illegal practise and they know that if caught it would bring huge drama to their employers, family, fellow team mates.

i give a **** that they dont give a **** about others.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Hearing from several sources now that a very big former Donkeys player is about to be charged next...could take the spotlight off the Titans well and truly.
    I've heard that rumour a lot of times and I really hope it isn't true. It'll just blow up big time.

Just got home and I am shocked and disappointed. Nevertheless, it is better to have the crap out of your club that is not committed. We need to rebuild a team that Titans supporters will be proud of. Now we will have an extra $1m or so in the cap I think we should target either Taumalolo or Merrin. Throw plenty of dollars at Taumalalolo IMO as he would be a great buy. Use the rest on DCE.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I've heard that rumour a lot of times and I really hope it isn't true. It'll just blow up big time.
    funniest thing is that everyone knows it...but it going fully public would be so bad for kids, casual fans who are proud of the team / state without following it closely.

i dont want to see him squirming being hounded. and trying to answer questions about it all. would be incredibly sad.

Also, I am no fan of Zillman but it is terrible that some on here are hoping he is a part of this. That is just disgusting IMO. As much as I don't like him on the field, off the field he has never done anything to put this club in the ****. As many have said, I would rather a cleanskin like Zillman who gives it his all then uncommitted druggos.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i give a **** that they go from school to school preaching healthy lifestyles, then dont live by it.

i give a **** that blokes like Chris from memberships works his ass off trying to get members, marketing working on sponsors, and daryl kelly putting ass loads of cash in and these guys have zero regard for the consequences.

i give a **** because it is an illegal practise and they know that if caught it would bring huge drama to their employers, family, fellow team mates.

i give a **** that they dont give a **** about others.
    I said personally...

Ive always said that RL players should not be forced to be role models.

If they choose to be role models and live by that standard, then that's great, and we all know who the real good guys are, but anyone who has ever thought Greg Bird is a stand up guy that should be the pin-up boy for children to base their lifestyle choices on is a friggin' fool IMO.

Same goes for most of the guys who play RL. Drunkeness, assualt, etc. Lets all stop being so precious about who these guys are and what they do for a living. Mostly they are glorified labourers with a certain skill set. Good luck to them for earning hundreds of thousands of dollars, but they are not the benchmark for a better society. Sorry. They are the pin up boys for what can be achieved with dedication, sweat and tears and hard work.

Pick and choose your heroes, don't have them forced upon you.

There is no way a professional, commercial club is going to be supporting drug-use in any form nor should it. Sportsmen of this caliber are role models for our community and that's the end of the debate.

Irrespective of the results of a game or two or 26 nobody wants to be regarded as being a member or supporter of an organisation that allows its key personnel to be drug-users ... or wife-beaters, rapists, murderers, etc?

Whiz, I also don't care what these blokes do in their spare time but I don't want them in my club or my sport. We don't choose to make them role models, they do by choosing to play a high-profile, high-paying sport.
    Last edited by Titanic; 22-02-15 at 07:57 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Also, I am no fan of Zillman but it is terrible that some on here are hoping he is a part of this. That is just disgusting IMO. As much as I don't like him on the field, off the field he has never done anything to put this club in the ****. As many have said, I would rather a cleanskin like Zillman who gives it his all then uncommitted druggos.
    ill tread lightly here..very lightly. and it could very well should have been other senior players....but as VC or captain in waiting, should Zillman or others have gone to the club or approached the offending players about this assuming that it wasn't a big secret? when i say secret, i mean if 6 players head of to the toilets, its not to powder noses...

should they have demanded better and risk being called a bad bloke for the good of the club?

not taking any blame away from the main guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I said personally...

Ive always said that RL players should not be forced to be role models.

If they choose to be role models and live by that standard, then that's great, and we all know who the real good guys are, but anyone who has ever thought Greg Bird is a stand up guy that should be the pin-up boy for children to base their lifestyle choices on is a friggin' fool IMO.

Same goes for most of the guys who play RL. Drunkeness, assualt, etc. Lets all stop being so precious about who these guys are and what they do for a living. Mostly they are glorified labourers with a certain skill set. Good luck to them for earning hundreds of thousands of dollars, but they are not the benchmark for a better society. Sorry. They are the pin up boys for what can be achieved with dedication, sweat and tears and hard work.

Pick and choose your heroes, don't have them forced upon you.
    that all speaks to the first part, but what about the general selfishness?

I don't give a **** about what anyone, says or thinks in regards to this issue. Dave Taylor and Greg Bird both need to go, as does Faloon and the other player in this ordeal. I have a massive gut feeling that all of them are extremely guilty..we don't need this bull**** anymore!!!

It's time for a change, and that change is NOW! Reward hard working players like Mead, Sezer, Gordon, Douglas etc.

Also, very interested to know who the ex-Bronco player is..

Gee DB, that's a big ask. Of course they should have but team culture hardly allows for whistle-blowers or blowers of any sort, for that matter

I can't see news limited outing someone in a club they have a vested interest in, lol.

But hey, it's fine to take a dump on your lil' brother down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Sportsmen of this caliber are role models for our community and that's the end of the debate.
    Yeah, I think George Rose is currently pushing the healthy BMI message around the schools at the moment.

**edit**I was watching the WCC this morning with my 12yo son, and I said to him, see George Rose hes fat but he never stops trying, thats why he is where he is today and why he played in the All Stars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    that all speaks to the first part, but what about the general selfishness?
    Couldn't agree more mate.

- - - Updated - - -

I aslo think some people (probably due to media senationaism and social expectation) are getting a bit carried away. These guys aren't drug cheats, they aren't using performance enhancing drugs etc. They took drugs and partied, and turned up for training and games ready to play. If they failed drug testing during the season I would accept it differently.

They aren't performance enhancing drug cheats, they did put the effort in to get to where they were, I don't believe they let the team down in a performance or on field point of view. If this never came to the surface, we would all still be debating whether Bird should be co-captain because of all the effort he puts in every week. Im just saying, keep it in perspective. If they get chargred, found guilty, then I am sure they will be shown the door. Until that time its speculative and I'd rather wait and see what happens.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 22-02-15 at 08:11 PM.

Slightly off topic ... I have just come off a four hour highway drive from Xuzhou back to Nanjing and spent a good deal of the journey explaining to my 9 year old why the Titans were in trouble. He then asked "are they in more trouble than the Queensland government"? I have referred him to Diehard.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    There is no way a professional, commercial club is going to be supporting drug-use in any form nor should it. Sportsmen of this caliber are role models for our community and that's the end of the debate.
    AFL clubs do. Just sayin.