Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Both can be replaced but our depth is affected the most now , I would expect that Henry will already be making calls to player managers to see if anyone's available
    Yup, not the end of the world..

Plus, it helps by taking shamus' approach 'n hit the piss for the arfternoon..

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Don't care.......things don't go better with coke.....
    You know Matt Robinson will go ok in the backrow. He looked quite good at Penrith. Might even be able to pick up a decent replacement somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    You know Matt Robinson will go ok in the backrow. He looked quite good at Penrith. Might even be able to pick up a decent replacement somewhere.
    Maybe Myles to the backrow.

Still got some props in Douglas, White, Hala, Ioane and Pettybourne.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Yeah **** em. Rather a kid giving his all than a coked up captain...
    Mind reader !

One thing i forgot in earlier post Annesley graciously apologising to all fans members supporters etc etc goes to show how much dignity this bloke has he didn't need to go out on a limb and do it but I thought it was a great for him to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Maybe Myles to the backrow.

Still got some props in Douglas, White, Hala, Ioane and Pettybourne.
    That wouldn't surprise me.

Was just reading some comments on the FB page and I am not sure where some of them get their info. This was what one of the posters put up.
    " Dave Taylor was in the bunnys and Kalifa Faifai Loa was in the cowboys when this went down and bird is all kind of messed up"

Gold Coast Titans drug scandal: Greg Bird and Dave Taylor named

STATE of Origin stars Greg Bird and Dave Taylor have become the latest players to be embroiled in the drugs scandal rocking the Gold Coast Titans.

It is understood Bird and Taylor were issued with notices to appear in court by the Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission this afternoon and subsequently stood down by the club, joining teammates Jamie Dowling, Beau Folloon and Kalifa Faifai Loa in being targeted by police.

There have been reports another Titans player, Joe Vickery, has also been issued with a notice to appear in court.

Titans chief executive Graham Annesley, facing the media for the second time in 48 hours after Dowling and Beau were stood down on Friday, confirmed the representative duo were the latest players embroiled in the emerging saga.

An endless supply of stupidity

“Earlier today I was advised that three more of our players — Greg Bird, David Taylor and Kalifa Faifai Loa have also been issued with notices to appear in court in relation to drug-related charges,” Annesley said. “Consistent with the position that the club took on Friday, the three players will be immediately stood down from all playing and training duties.”

The Titans held a board meeting this afternoon to discuss the latest developments, which shape as another devastating setback for the club as it prepares to open its season in less than a fortnight.

“We’re concerned for our players, we’re concerned with the allegations,” coach Neil Henry said as his side arrived back on the Gold Coast after playing a trial game in Cairns last night.

“We’ll deal with those as they come to light and working with the integrity unit. We can’t do much else.

“As for the season coming up, it’s a distraction that’s for sure. We have a buffer with a coupe of weeks moving forward until we play our first game at home.

“It is heartening to see some fans here at the airport in support of us. It’s a club in a difficult time.

“We’ll fight through this. I am very comfortable we’re a resilient lot. This club has been through a lot in its short history and we will bounce back.”

If the allegations are proven, it may signal the end of Bird’s career in the NRL. The NSW and Australian forward has already been banned by the NRL on one occasion over domestic violence allegations.

After reviving his career on the Gold Coast, his future was again placed in jeopardy late last year after he urinated on a police car. The Titans stripped Bird of the co-captaincy and warned he would be sacked should he transgress again.

“It’s been tough but we have a lot of good people in the place, a lot of good players out there who are working hard,” Henry said.

“We’re determined to make the Gold Coast a successful team.”

The Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission investigation has also resulted in Queensland Reds code-hopper Karmichael Hunt facing similar charges.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Shocked to see such big names who have such a privileged position in our club. We are now basically a Queensland Cup side. Fine, get rid of them. Let's bring up some hard working men who would bust their guts for us. We are basically talking worst case scenario with these names involved.

Just as long as Graham, the NRL and Daryl hold firm...

Clean out this club ruthlessly and let's start a fresh.

Also please stop the stupid comments about Zillman. It's not fair or funny.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I need a name change...
    We can help you out with that, have a think and let us know.

Statement from Titans CEO Graham Annesley

Gold Coast Titans CEO, Graham Annesley, has confirmed that players Greg Bird, David Taylor, and Kalifa Faifai Loa have today been issued with notices to appear in court in relation to drug offences.

“As a result, and consistent with the actions taken by the club on Friday, the three players charged today have also been stood down from all playing and training responsibilities pending their appearance in court on March 9”, Mr Annesley said.

“Further, although the players are entitled to a presumption of innocence during the legal process ahead, given the serious nature of the charges against the players and the reputational damage caused to the club, we will require all of the charged players to appear before the Titans board to explain why action should not be taken by the club under the provisions of their playing contracts. This will occur when further factual information becomes available”, Mr Annesley concluded.

The club continues to liaise closely with the NRL Integrity Unit regarding the progress of these matters.

http://www.titans.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Statement from Titans CEO Graham Annesley

Gold Coast Titans CEO, Graham Annesley, has confirmed that players Greg Bird, David Taylor, and Kalifa Faifai Loa have today been issued with notices to appear in court in relation to drug offences.

“As a result, and consistent with the actions taken by the club on Friday, the three players charged today have also been stood down from all playing and training responsibilities pending their appearance in court on March 9”, Mr Annesley said.

“Further, although the players are entitled to a presumption of innocence during the legal process ahead, given the serious nature of the charges against the players and the reputational damage caused to the club, we will require all of the charged players to appear before the Titans board to explain why action should not be taken by the club under the provisions of their playing contracts. This will occur when further factual information becomes available”, Mr Annesley concluded.

The club continues to liaise closely with the NRL Integrity Unit regarding the progress of these matters.

http://www.titans.com.au/
    ... and that's about all we can ask for at this stage. I like to think the majority of us supporters are above a witch hunt, but that doesn't appear to be the case with some.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Shocked to see such big names who have such a privileged position in our club. We are now basically a Queensland Cup side. Fine, get rid of them. Let's bring up some hard working men who would bust their guts for us. We are basically talking worst case scenario with these names involved.

Just as long as Graham, the NRL and Daryl hold firm...

Clean out this club ruthlessly and let's start a fresh.

Also please stop the stupid comments about Zillman. It's not fair or funny.
    That's what I'm hoping.......

I might be the only one on here who holds this view, but I personally couldn't give a **** if players take recreational drugs in the off season.

I don't really care if they do drugs 30 minutes after a game before they hit the clubs/bars, as long as they arent cheating on the field. If they aren't getting caught out by the drug testing, then either they are clean by testing time or the testing is not effective.

The charge of supplying is a pretty serious charge though, so I'll just sit and wait and see who is charged with what, and then what charges are actually proven before I start writing off players.

**edit** I DO care, but not to the point that I expect that players are any different to other people in the community.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 22-02-15 at 07:35 PM. Reason: **edit** I DO care, but not to the point that I expect that players are any different to other people in the community.

This could be a blessing in disguise, young players get a chance, clear some money to buy some more decent up coming players.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).