Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I for one appreciate you enthusiasm, T4L. But in regards to these sort offenses, it'd be best to let the names come out in due course. As speculation could potentially tarnish the names of the innocent ones.
    I'm not placing the blame on anyone. Someone asked for all the players who were aged 24 or 27 and I found out. Not accusing anyone at all.

NO NAMES IN HERE PLEASE.

Even if just pointing out they are a certain age.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    I'm not placing the blame on anyone. Someone asked for all the players who were aged 24 or 27 and I found out. Not accusing anyone at all.
    I know that, mate.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    NO NAMES IN HERE PLEASE.

Even if just pointing out they are a certain age.
    Well Done Tamweig, it is a big legal NO NO to put any names on any open public site. it is all alleged newspaper talk at present and the ages given may be wrong, and it should be clearly noted that the newspapers have not named the alleged Titans Players, please everyone lets take a deep breath and wait for the correct details

Lets just hope that there are no changes to the playing squad this weekend & don't jump to any conclusions if someone is missing as they may be injured as we know one of our players is travelling with an injury already....

Zero Titans names until there has been a charge laid.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I had just posted a big rant but it's gone. Might have gone with Tamwelgs clean up, although I hadn't named anyone.
    Generally I said the Titans should have issued a statement by now. I also said that I am sick of the do gooders blaming society problems in general and that players just need to be kicked out for life if the offence is serious enough (as either hard drug use or trafficking is). The game just cannot keep turning supporters or potential sponsors away and they need to get tough - real tough.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 20-02-15 at 03:22 PM.

Pretty sure the article indicated that charges have been laid. I'm on board though, no need for speculation, it'll be in the public domain in the next hour or so.

Okay I won't post names next time.

@RLW_Mole: Moley has heard the names of the two Titans players involved. One a surprise... The other not so much

what the hell is wrong with these players? I know they get knocked about a bit but seriously do they not think about what they're doing! Drink driving, peeing in public, now cocaine dealing! I seriously give up! How can the Titans expect people to support them when the team act like such morons - over and over again. The poor media team must be on some serous medications to cope with all the crap that gets thrown their way. I hope this story is horribly wrong or I feel vultures circling!

Titans fans are probably the most loyal in the league but only so much crap can happen before they start to walk away

Junior

Probably for very good Legal Reasons, the Titans CANNOT make a statement at the moment, it will come, like I have said,'Lets take a deep Breath & wait for this matter to pan out legally

[QUOTE=Surfers66;355355]http://www.news.com.au/national/karm...-1227230973156
    Hunt, the Titans players and female were last night issued notices to appear in court, with the CCC alleging he and the co-accused “arranged for the supply of cocaine for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues between June and December last year”.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the part I am worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

Pretty sure the article indicated that charges have been laid. I'm on board though, no need for speculation, it'll be in the public domain in the next hour or so.
    Karmichael Hunt charged with allegedly supplying cocaine, Gold Coast Titans players investigated
    THOMAS CHAMBERLIN, CHRIS GARRY GOLD COAST BULLETIN FEBRUARY 20, 2015 7:54AM

QUEENSLAND sports star Karmichael Hunt has been charged for allegedly supplying cocaine after a sting involving the state’s Crime and Corruption Commission.

The NRL is also investigating whether two Gold Coast Titans players were arrested in relation to the Hunt drug supply charges.

Titans chief executive Graham Annesley said he had no knowledge of the arrests but had been investigating their veracity today.

The Titans team is in Cairns preparing for a trial.

“I have had several phone calls this morning and we are investigating the reports,” Annesley said.

Queensland Reds fullback and vice-captain Hunt, 28, met detectives on Thursday night and was issued a notice to appear in court over four counts of supplying the drug.

Hunt’s charges follows that of former rugby league stars Jason Smith and Matt Seers who police and CCC allege were part of a multimillion-dollar cocaine cartel.

The CCC on Friday morning released a statement that said the charges stemmed from an investigation into a cocaine trafficking syndicate in southeast Queensland.

Hunt and two men and a woman were on Thursday night issued their notices to appear in court, with the CCC alleging they “arranged for the supply of cocaine for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues between June and December last year”.

Hunt’s lawyer Angelo Venardos said: “Whilst I can confirm that Ferguson Cannon Lawyers have been retained to represent Karmichael Hunt, as it is now before the Courts, it would be inappropriate to make any comment regarding the matter.”

Hunt had been listed to start at fullback for the Reds against the Western Force at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night.

Highly decorated and known for his successful “code-hopping”, he previously played for AFL team Gold Coast Suns and rugby league team Brisbane Broncos.

He won the Dally M Rookie of the year at the Broncos in 2004, later playing in the Queensland State of Origin and Australian league teams.

Smith, also a former Queensland and Australian league representative, was charged with trafficking cocaine in Toowoomba between June and December last year after the six-month CCC investigation.

Seers, who played league for NSW, is also charged with trafficking and supplying the drug on the Gold Coast and Toowoomba last year and has been banned from contacting Smith.

Two years ago Hunt said the AFL and NRL’s drug testing policies were similar and thorough.

“Mate, they are pretty much the same,” he said at the time.

“All I know is I get tested a lot and always have. Ever since my second year in league, I couldn’t count how many times I’ve had to do it.”

Hunt is due to appear in the Southport Magistrates Court on March 5.
    #itaintweaktospeak

good modding guys.

apologies for having names in my post. wasnt saying they DID anything, but understand we need to be extremely careful and its best to not having any until anything is confirmed.

once again, good modding and lets see what unfolds.

Back from work and just read through the thread. Wild.

Chill out lads and ladettes!

Let this unfold and keep speculation away from here. Disappointing to see the Titans brand once again associated with the wrong side of the law but that's all it as at the moment, an association driven by media.

Keep the names away until there is something concrete or those named can sue, despite it arguably being "in the best interest of the public" (our forum).

Once it's in the public domain and it is confirmed, then names can be published.