Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Spare a thought for poor Neil Henry!
    Im saving anger at Henry when i see Zilly in the Fb spot
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Im saving anger at Henry when i see Zilly in the Fb spot
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 21-02-15 at 01:50 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

You just can't expect to have a laid back culture at the coast and expect to get into the top 8.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

The club is in trouble but gee News Limited are a bunch of jibberers. Sick of their biased ****.

Unfortunately in an age when you are paid per click this is the type of journalism that is produced. Totally misleading headlines followed by bias trumped up stories based on twitter feeds and the writers gut feel. No culpability and no sense of ethics on the flow on effects. And it's not just sports journalism anymore it's across all forms.

Pulled this from a Travis Meyn exclusive in GC bulletin.

"But the Gold Coast Bulletin can reveal Kelly is now questioning his commitment to the club following a series of off-field scandals.

Kelly and Titans chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle were unavailable for comment yesterday, leaving CEO Graham Annesley to face media."

So Kelly is unavailable for comment but the Bulletin can reveal what his thoughts are? Please explain. These two sentences were one after the other, only separated by a photo of Falloon.

You can't really argue with what you stated there, JB. But most would probably tend to think the thought has entered Daryl Kelly's mind on at least one occasion in recent months.

There are no silver linings to this situation. The fact that a bunch of supporters on here don't like Falloon does not mean that he won't be missed on the field. And Dowling, as a contracted member of our squad was also going to have a role to play this year.

We have absolutely no depth at our club, regardless of what people think of untested rookies, and there is no chance that the player who replaces Falloon in our squad is better than he is. Our 30 man playing roster is now stretched to the absolute minimum.

Also, the fact that Zillman is getting negative vibes on this thread is a disgrace. He has holes in his game, sure, but he is a super fit young man who speaks well to the media and has never (repeat NEVER) done anything to cast this club into a poor light.

I don't think the talk of this club folding are that far off the mark. The thought that the NRL 'needs' a team on the GC is far fetched to the extreme. Our only hope is the state government getting on our side to ensure that Skilled Park does not become tenantless. But, given that Robina and Mudgeeraba are two of the LNP's safest seats it's hard to see them caring about this situation much while they're not in power.

And then there is 'us' as a supporter group. Titans fans are still highly divided over the Cartwright sacking last year and those deluded souls will see this as more reason that he should never have been let go. I had trouble typing that because it is just so ridiculous, but there you go.

Finally, this came in the week that I renewed my membership AND had a significant bet on the team winning more than 7.5 regular season games. Neither of those decisions look like a responsible use of hard earned money right now!

surely the sharks were worse off at their lowest...

systematic doping, star player busted for bad behaviour, worse crowds than us, also didnt have a sponsor...

i guess not having an unashamedly biased editor as your number one fan hurts more.

I just can't help feeling this will spread further the the Titans. I wouldn't be surprised if other NRL teams are in involved as well as Rugby and AFL.
    This whole situation has smashed what was looming as a reasonably positive start to a new year. I'm usually a glass half full guy but I'm not getting great feelings about this club continuing or being able to continue.
    As a born and bred Gold Coaster who has supported every guise of NRL on the Coast, that almost rips my heart out.
    To top it off Bird is on my membership card....... What a pi$$er

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    surely the sharks were worse off at their lowest...

systematic doping, star player busted for bad behaviour, worse crowds than us, also didnt have a sponsor...

i guess not having an unashamedly biased editor as your number one fan hurts more.
    My thoughts exactly - surely if this sort of scandal was enough for the NRL to be revoking licences, the sharks wouldn't exist now. They had some of their coaching staff and most of their playing squad involved in a drug scandal that affected their on-field performance. While I certainly don't condone what these idiots have done with cocaine, or any drugs for that matter, if they use "bringing the game into disrepute" as a reason, surely a team full of performance enhancing drug cheats on field is as bad or worse than a handful of morons dealing/using recreational drugs away from the field.
    Again, I am not saying what they did is o.k, far from it, and they should be banned from the game, I am just saying I don't think this should spell the end of the club.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    There are no silver linings to this situation. The fact that a bunch of supporters on here don't like Falloon does not mean that he won't be missed on the field. And Dowling, as a contracted member of our squad was also going to have a role to play this year.
    Their behaviour rules out any discussion of their footballing skills or value. Missed as depth perhaps but the rest is indefensible.

We have absolutely no depth at our club, regardless of what people think of untested rookies, and there is no chance that the player who replaces Falloon in our squad is better than he is. Our 30 man playing roster is now stretched to the absolute minimum.
    Moseley, Hazard, Srama and Tighe, Crampton, Hudson, Li etc, assuming they don't feature in the 'magnificent seven' are ample depth in a developing squad.

Also, the fact that Zillman is getting negative vibes on this thread is a disgrace. He has holes in his game, sure, but he is a super fit young man who speaks well to the media and has never (repeat NEVER) done anything to cast this club into a poor light.
    Very true but that isn't the criteria for an NRL fullback nor a bits centre when we have better options.

I don't think the talk of this club folding are that far off the mark. The thought that the NRL 'needs' a team on the GC is far fetched to the extreme. Our only hope is the state government getting on our side to ensure that Skilled Park does not become tenantless. But, given that Robina and Mudgeeraba are two of the LNP's safest seats it's hard to see them caring about this situation much while they're not in power.
    The real issue about the club is not about the snatching of some recreational drug users/sellers who will pay whatever price the law requires. It's the credibility of its management in so many areas over the years the club has been in existence. If Annesley was judged on kpi's he'd be gone.

And then there is 'us' as a supporter group. Titans fans are still highly divided over the Cartwright sacking last year and those deluded souls will see this as more reason that he should never have been let go. I had trouble typing that because it is just so ridiculous, but there you go.
    K, on this one, I reckon you've got it back to front. This is further proof that the culture that Cartwright allowed to develop in the club was way off the mark.

Finally, this came in the week that I renewed my membership AND had a significant bet on the team winning more than 7.5 regular season games. Neither of those decisions look like a responsible use of hard earned money right now!
    Couldn't agree more and my wife is spewing, asking why I signed-up both her and our 9 year old too

Finally, I don't mean to be argumentative on these issues, just to voice my opinions. I feel totally let down by the club's management of the playing group.
    Last edited by Titanic; 21-02-15 at 01:01 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    I just can't help feeling this will spread further the the Titans. I wouldn't be surprised if other NRL teams are in involved as well as Rugby and AFL.
    This whole situation has smashed what was looming as a reasonably positive start to a new year. I'm usually a glass half full guy but I'm not getting great feelings about this club continuing or being able to continue.
    As a born and bred Gold Coaster who has supported every guise of NRL on the Coast, that almost rips my heart out.
    To top it off Bird is on my membership card....... What a pi$$er
    i said to another bloke earlier...if we have 7 players smashing on the cocaine, most teams would. it is rife and common, so they need to be careful if they punt us due to this, in case4 more clubs come through as being involved...are we going to have an 11 team comp.

- - - Updated - - -

Badel, who is becoming quite a talking head these days, just did his usual stick the boot in routine, but he ackowledges that if we get punted, NRL should just shut it down, and open shop the next day with a refreshed, rebranded GC...i find that acceptable. he could have totally pushed team 2 in bris or ipswich, but advocates a fresh start.

sucks for the money we all spent on gear, but a fresh start and without moving might be what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i said to another bloke earlier...if we have 7 players smashing on the cocaine, most teams would. it is rife and common, so they need to be careful if they punt us due to this, in case4 more clubs come through as being involved...are we going to have an 11 team comp.

- - - Updated - - -

Badel, who is becoming quite a talking head these days, just did his usual stick the boot in routine, but he ackowledges that if we get punted, NRL should just shut it down, and open shop the next day with a refreshed, rebranded GC...i find that acceptable. he could have totally pushed team 2 in bris or ipswich, but advocates a fresh start.

sucks for the money we all spent on gear, but a fresh start and without moving might be what we need.
    Interesting. I still have a Chargers jersey...

Annesley interviewed on the issue:

https://soundcloud.com/abc-gold-coas...th-matt-webber