Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Great work by some of our fans staying loyal and appluading the boys as they landed. Sure they would have loved to see that the Coast is still behind them.

#iwillneverwalkaway

From Sydney Morning Herald

The NRL has ruled out relocating the embattled Gold Coast as chief executive Dave Smith promised to come down hard on players bringing the game into disrepute.

The development comes as Paul Broughton labelled accused drug dealer Beau Falloon "not worthy" of keeping the club's best and fairest medal struck and presented in his honour.

The governing body is bracing for more fallout from the drugs bust involving former Kangaroo Karmichael Hunt and Titans players Falloon and Jamie Dowling, with up to 100 people in the crosshairs in the ongoing investigation. More Titans players are expected to be implicated, prompting the TAB to shut down its markets for the wooden spoon and the Gold Coast's opening game against Wests Tigers.

Falloon pipped teammate David Taylor by one point to win his first Paul Broughton Medal as the club's best player for 2014. An emotional Broughton said that he would support the club if it stripped Falloon of the honour.

"It's sad that a player who wins the prestigious award for player of the year is [accused of drug supply]," said Broughton, who called for drug offenders to be banned from the NRL for life.

"It's sadder for me because my son died of drugs.

"If the club itself decides the medal has been awarded incorrectly, they will get no resentment from me, I would be supportive of it. I would never have felt the same way as when the No.8 [Luke Bailey] and No.7 [Preston Campbell] won… they were worthy winners. Perhaps Mr Falloon was not."

The drugs dramas raise further questions about the club's long-term survival. The Titans are already struggling financially, remain without a sponsor and are losing further ground in the fight against the Gold Coast Suns AFL franchise. Their chances of signing Manly superstar Daly Cherry-Evans have all but evaporated. Previous rugby league incarnations on the holiday strip — the Chargers, Giants and Seagulls — have all folded. However, Smith said the NRL remained committed to rugby league on the Gold Coast.

"This is a key area for our game and we are determined to ensure our fans continue to have their own team on the Gold Coast," he said.

Smith said he was angry and fed up with the minority of players damaging the image of the game. He promised the ARL Commission would take a tough stance against any player who brought the game into disrepute, particularly those engaging in criminal conduct.

"The overwhelming majority of players do the right thing… youngsters look up to them and they do so much good work in the community," Smith said.

"But we continue to have a small group of irresponsible players who engage in conduct which brings down our game.

"The message to those players is clear… if you bring the game into disrepute there will be consequences. We are not going to let a few players wreck our image and brand."

Smith added that there was no place for illicit and illegal drugs in the NRL.

"We know that rugby league is a reflection of the rest of society so there will be people who stray from time-to-time but we will not tolerate serious misconduct which damages the game."

Despite the constant dramas engulfing the club since he became chief executive 18 months ago, former NSW Minister for Sport Graham Annesley said he wouldn't walk away.

"I am thoroughly sick of standing in front of cameras to defend this club when it comes to off-field matters, it's not why I took on this job," said Annesley, who fielded 322 calls related to the drugs dramas on Friday.

"You don't come in thinking you'll be dealing matters which are destructive rather than constructive. But I won't walk away from the challenge either.

"We need to get this place firing on all cylinders and we have a great coach, board, staff and committed players."

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Great work by some of our fans staying loyal and appluading the boys as they landed. Sure they would have loved to see that the Coast is still behind them.

What a great thing to the supporters who are there well done, the supporters their is being splashed on Twitter which is great to show that the supporters are loyal and will be their no matter what
    #iwillneverelakaway

- - - Updated - - -

What a great thing to the supporters who are there well done, the supporters their is being splashed on Twitter which is great to show that the supporters are loyal and will be their no matter what
    #iwillneverwalkaway

@toddbalym: Suggestions put to Neil Henry two more Titans have been today charged by Qld police. Team only just landed. May be former players.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

@toddbalym: Suggestions put to Neil Henry two more Titans have been today charged by Qld police. Team only just landed. May be former players.
    Former would be better than current. I'm interested in other clubs/codes involvement

Courier mail just named two more. Admin can post if they wish.

Courier Mail have named Joe Vickery and Kalifa Failloa
    http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/que...medium=Twitter
    Last edited by K4SE; 22-02-15 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    allowing a convicted user to become an immortal.
    When was he convicted?

Vickery lol....I bet u he's mildy happy he's been named as a former NRL player
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by K4SE View Post
    Courier Mail have named Joe Vickery and Kalifa Failloa
    http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/que...medium=Twitter
    This just emphasises my point that the Press wants to make the news not report the news. in the past 24 hours raving on about 5 to 7 more Titan Players to be charged and at this point after Team arrived home and left Airport, it is reported (& appears to be fact as all news outlets now running this) that one Titan Player and another EX-Titan player have been summons to Court.
    Please do not believe any of these news mongrels until exact facts are laid out on this story and the court matter is played out.
    Lets just support out Team (great effort by some supporters to go to Airport) the majority of which are a credit to us on and off the field.
    "never let a good story get in the way of the TRUTH!!!!"

Theres two things that aren't adding up for me.

1. The guy in the foreground of that photo dressed like my school bus driver from 20 years ago.
    and
    2. I find it mildly suspicious that Falloon and FaiFai Loa both didn't make it to trials before any of this broke. I hope theres nothing in that.

Apparently a Titans player was picked up by Police at the Airport today. Assuming that it isn't one of the 2 guys named. We could have some more news later on if this is true.

Well done to the Titans fans who greeted the players at the airport! Proud of you all.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

They are saying 2 high profile players are being questioned at the moment. Titans board locked in meeting

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/gcbulletin/status/569366680641470464

and now its going to hit the fan. Bird and Taylor just named.