Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

I get the feeling that Hunt's lawyer spent quite a bit of time talking to the ARU before getting him to plead guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I get the feeling that Hunt's lawyer spent quite a bit of time talking to the ARU before getting him to plead guilty.
    No doubt about that I reckon.
    If our blokes plead guilty I would at least expect those with previous issues to be punted and the others suspended for quite a while.
    Now that this could go on for a while I think they should be allowed to play - then while I was just typing that I started thinking about what if they get found guilty in May. Would not be ideal if we had to sack any of them mid year after they had been playing.
    In summary - stuffed if I know what to do.

Admittedly, it's a hard one, MT..

I guess I'd tend to let them come back into the fold until it's settled in court (or turfed out of court). But if what's been rumoured to be true about Bird being disgruntled about losing out on co-captaincy. I'd be sitting down with him and his manager and see if the club and himself can come to a amicable agreement of parting ways. To me, his goose is cooked at the Titans.

Watching Hull play this morning & Steve Michaels is playing , pretty sure there's an arrest warrant against him here in Oz..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Admittedly, it's a hard one, MT..

I guess I'd tend to let them come back into the fold until it's settled in court (or turfed out of court). But if what's been rumoured to be true about Bird being disgruntled about losing out on co-captaincy. I'd be sitting down with him and his manager and see if the club and himself can come to a amicable agreement of parting ways. To me, his goose is cooked at the Titans.
    Yeah that seems like a good idea. He can go back to the Sharks which means they would also have less money to throw at DCE!

Rep Player

Agreed. To be completely honest DT would be the only one I would hate to lose from our team.

How to spoil a Friday morning:

1. Read nothing at all interesting about DCE.
    2. Consider whether the club should play at best drug-users or at worst suppliers (even if they are small bickies).
    3. Listen to Bennett not get fined for basically the same thing mouth of the south Gallen got docked 10g's for.
    4. Have a bet with myself if I can wait for the delayed telecast of the Titans game and not go online.

My answer to all that was to:

1. Kick the dog.
    2. Sack two staff members.
    3. Quaff three cups of bad coffee.
    4. Rant on here.

Aaaah, that's better (wiping said coffee residue on suit sleeve).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

if it helped i almost took Birdies head off with an errant drive on the golf course this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    if it helped i almost took Birdies head off with an errant drive on the golf course this morning.
    errant, are you sure about that?????

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Great use of the English language DB, better use of your golf stick and glad to see our prodigal superstar is putting his sabatical to good use.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

He was playing with Falloon earlier in the week. Must be the training they're all doing together I keep hearing about.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Watching Hull play this morning & Steve Michaels is playing , pretty sure there's an arrest warrant against him here in Oz..

Those were the newspaper reports Though Hull FC nor Steve Michaels have been contacted by the QCC nor anyone connected with the situation.
    A huge fan of the Bulldogs but first and foremost an fan of the game and the game needs the Gold Coast Titans!

Rep Player

Nothing new here

link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/care...-1227254278705

Careers on the line as five Gold Coast Titans - including Greg Bird and Dave Taylor - face court

Jeremy Pierce, Meagan Weymes
    Gold Coast Bulletin
    March 09, 2015 11:55AM
    GOLD Coast Titans star Greg Bird has faced court on cocaine charges.

The NSW Origin enforcer and former Titans captain was flanked by high-profile Gold Coast lawyer Campbell MacCallum for a brief appearance at Southport Magistrates Court.

He officially entered pleas of not guilty on two counts of supplying cocaine.

Case adjourned until May 8.

Rugby League Players Association spokesman Anthony Quinn was also in court and told reporters he would seek urgent talks with the club to allow the suspended players to take the field this weekend.

When asked if he was keen to play against Parramatta in Round 2, Bird said: “I am.”

A man who heckled Bird was dragged away from police but later released. He is believed to have said ‘Go Broncos’ as well as made reference to Bird’s alleged drug activities.

Queensland Origin star Dave Taylor has also faced court on cocaine charges.

His lawyer Campbell MacCallum entered pleas of not guilty to one count of possession and one count of supplying cocaine.

The case was adjourned to May 8.

His fellow player Kalifa Faifai Loa will also face court today charged with supplying cocaine.

Today’s court appearances follow Queensland Reds star Karmichael Hunt’s shock guilty plea to possession on Thursday.

All three players have been stood down from playing by the club as a result of the charges.

Former players Ashley Harrison and Joe Vickery are also expected to appear today facing drug charges following a Crime and Corruption Commission investigation into cocaine distribution on the Gold Coast.

The NRL players were allegedly caught up in the investigation targeting former Sydney Roosters player John Touma — the alleged kingpin of the syndicate.

Touma is expected to appear in court on Wednesday charged with drug trafficking along with former Roosters player John Tobin, who has been charged with supply and possession.

The CCC does not allege any of the Gold Coast Titans players were supplying cocaine commercially, rather it alleges the supply was for personal use or for on-supply to friends and colleagues.

This morning the five Titans will face the Southport Magistrates Court where their cases are expected to be adjourned until May.

Dave Taylor leaves Southport Police Station with his lawyer Campbell McCallum. Picture: G

Dave Taylor leaves Southport Police Station with his lawyer Campbell McCallum. Picture: Glenn Hampson Source: News Corp Australia

High-profile solicitor Campbell MacCallum, who represents all five of the players to face court today, said Hunt’s guilty plea on Thursday would have no effect on the Titans players contesting the charges.

Mr MacCallum said in Hunt’s case there may have been external factors influencing his decision — such as the penalty the Reds were going to impose.

He said he was hopeful that he would meet with the NRL integrity unit tonight in Sydney to discuss Bird, Taylor and Faifai Loa being reinstated to play.

Junior
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Rep Player

I still believe that until proven guilty and the vagueness of the charges they should be allowed to play. In regards to the players future careers with the club I would feel that even if found innocent Bird will be moved on from the club given his past indiscretions. Im very hopeful Dave Taylor is found innocent as he hasnt really had any past indiscretions (apart from the questioning of his work ethic etc) and I played arguably his best year with the club last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    HAHAHA!!!!