Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Titans and Hunt on drugs charges

http://www.news.com.au/national/karm...-1227230973156

TWO Gold Coast Titans players have been charged alongside Queensland Reds Karmichael Hunt for supplying cocaine.

Both players, aged 24 and 27, were yesterday issued with a notice to appear in court on multiple drug charges.

The 24-year-old man from Burleigh Heads has been charged with seven counts of possessing a dangerous drug and two counts of supply dangerous drug, while the 27-year-old Mermaid Waters man has been charged with four counts of supplying a dangerous drug.

A 22-year-old woman has also been charged with two counts of supplying a dangerous drug.

They are all due to appear in Southport Magistrates Court on March 5.

The Titans are currently in Cairns preparing for a pre-season trial match against the Cowboys tomorrow night.

It was announced earlier today that sports star Karmichael Hunt had been charged for supplying cocaine, after a sting involving the state’s Crime and Corruption Commission.

The Queensland Reds fullback and vice-captain, 28, met with detectives last night where he was issued a notice to appear in court over four counts of supplying the drug.

Hunt’s charges follows that of former rugby league stars Jason Smith and Matt Seers who police and CCC allege were part of a multimillion-dollar cocaine cartel.

The CCC this morning released a statement that said the charges stemmed from an investigation into a cocaine trafficking syndicate in southeast Queensland.

Hunt, the Titans players and female were last night issued notices to appear in court, with the CCC alleging he and the co-accused “arranged for the supply of cocaine for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues between June and December last year”.

Hunt has been listed in the start up side against the Western Force at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow.

Highly-decorated and known for his successful “code-hopping”, he previously played for AFL team Gold Coast Suns and rugby league team Brisbane Broncos.

He won the Dally M Rookie of the year for the Broncos in 2004, later playing in the Queensland and Australian league teams.

Smith, also a former Queensland and Australian league representative, was charged with trafficking cocaine in Toowoomba between June and December last year after the six-month CCC investigation.

Seers, who played league for NSW, is also charged with trafficking and supplying the drug on the Gold Coast and Toowoomba last year and has been banned from contacting Smith.

Two years ago Hunt said the AFL and NRL’s drug testing policies were similar and thorough.

“Mate, they are pretty much the same,” he said at the time.

“All I know is I get tested a lot and always have. Ever since my second year in league, I couldn’t count how many times I’ve had to do it.”

Hunt is due to appear in the Southport Magistrates Court on March 5

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone allegedly speculate on anything here?

Junior

Wow just read this as well. Not good at all. I wonder who the 2 players are.

Starting to S..t me that these players on good money make poor choices. There goes a major sponsor and the DCE SIGNING. So angry right now.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Geez i was hoping we wouldn't get dragged into this. Im crossing my fingers that the titans players involved are not perennial 'bad boys' on last chances.

Edit: just did the maths, based on ages mentioned most of our 'bad boys' are clear.

I don't think this would sway DCEs decision in and of itself. Who the players are and the subsequent fall out will be interesting...
    Last edited by K2G; 20-02-15 at 12:14 PM.

This could be the last straw for the Titans I hope it's not but it doesn't look good, final nail in coffin

Another kick in the guts for the Titans. It shouldn't impact the signing of DCE if it is going to happen IMO. He is touring the Sharks facilities FFS. Hopefully it doesn't impact a major sponsor though.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Geez i was hoping we wouldn't get dragged into this. Im crossing my fingers that the titans players involved are not perennial 'bad boys' on last chances.
    Drug supply! They'll get sacked whoever they are I would imagine. I'd almost hope they were 'known' troublemakers. Is Zilly 24 or 27?
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Un****enbelievable.. I'm not solely blaming the previous coaching staff (or management) for this, but when you have a laid back culture within a club these sort of issues are going to happen. It's got me buggered how the club can rebuild from this, as it's the absolute last thing we needed at this point in time.

We're royally screwed.

Geez the negative headlines just keep coming don't they. Another knock to our already fragile club that is in already in enough trouble right now as it is. When will these idiot players learn???

I wonder if it is two of the boys in Cairns or if it is two of our lower names that are back in the GC.

So who in the squad are 24 and 27 years old and didn't make it on the plane for the trial match?

If they were arrested last night it might be guys who aren't in Cairns.
    Last edited by Show and Go; 20-02-15 at 12:29 PM.

This is devastating. I'm sickened by the attitude of these players. Especially with them knowing full well the perilous position of this club.

****!

But can we not speculate or name names until the it comes out through the media?

Due process and all that.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I reckon the train and trial blokes will be rapt ... this is not the end of the club just a few more d!ckheads.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

wtf

At work will review soon

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    I did a bit of research with the player profiles and from looking at their ages these could be the possible players. All players are aged 24 or 27 here.
    I for one appreciate you enthusiasm, T4L. But in regards to these sort offenses, it'd be best to let the names come out in due course. As speculation could potentially tarnish the names of the innocent ones.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 20-02-15 at 12:34 PM.