TRAVIS MEYN GOLD COAST BULLETIN FEBRUARY 18, 2015 1:38PM

GOLD Coast coach Neil Henry is planning to unleash the biggest back row in the NRL this year.

Henry has named an imposing forward pack for Saturday’s final pre-season trial against the Cowboys in Cairns.

Captain Nate Myles will start in the front row alongside Luke Douglas but it’s the rear of the Titans scrum which possesses all the power.

Origin enforcer Greg Bird has been given the No. 13 jersey and will be joined on the edges by Dave Taylor and Ryan James.

At 102kg, Bird is 5kg heavier than his predecessor Ashley Harrison, and the presence of Dave Taylor (119kg) and James (112kg) ensures there’s plenty of punch.

The Titans are heavy on forwards this year and the glut of big boppers has James eyeing a return to the back-row, where he made a name for himself as a devastating schoolboys star for Palm Beach Currumbin.

“I want to work on my game now, hopefully at lock or in the second row, and see where King (Henry) wants us to play,” James said.

“They’re (positions) all the same. We’ve got a good stock of front rowers. It’ll be good to have a hit out in Cairns.

“Hopefully I can get a good run up there and some minutes in the legs.”

James starred in the front row for the indigenous All Stars last Friday, making 125m with the ball before suffering “super cramps” in both legs.

He’ll play on the left edge on Saturday, interchanging with recruits Matt Robinson and Lachlan Burr while ex-Rabbitoh Eddy Pettybourne will relieve Taylor.

Henry has named as strong a side as he could for the trial but hooker Beau Falloon will miss the match because of a hamstring strain.

Falloon was rested from the Auckland Nines and Warriors trial but Henry said he wasn’t worried about his first-choice No. 9 going into the NRL season without a match under his belt.

“We’ve been doing a lot of opposed work so he should be right to go into a game,” Henry said.

“I’m pretty happy with what he’s been doing in the pre-season.

“He’s been fit. It’s just one of those things that happens.

“He’s experienced and he’ll be in there for round one if he’s fit enough to go.”

Falloon’s absence will see Penrith recruit Kierran Moseley start at hooker in the strongest sign he be included in the 17 for Round 1.

Moseley has moved ahead of Christian Hazard in the battle for the utility role with Hazard to miss the Cowboys trial because of a rib injury.

Half-back Kane Elgey will travel in the 22-man squad along with winger Kevin Gordon, who Henry praised after his first appearance of the year in a trial against Tweed Heads last Saturday.

The Titans were yesterday monitoring weather forecasts in North Queensland but predicted rain isn’t expected to affect the match at Barlow Park.

TITANS TEAM: William Zillman, David Mead, Josh Hoffman, James Roberts, Anthony Don, Aidan Sezer, Daniel Mortimer, Luke Douglas, Kierran Moseley, Nate Myles (c), Ryan James, Dave Taylor, Greg Bird. Interchange: Ryan Simpkins, Matt White, Matt Robinson, Kane Elgey, Kevin Gordon, Eddy Pettybourne, Matt Srama, Brad Tighe, Lachlan Burr.