Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

There's some man love going on here
    #itaintweaktospeak

Ideally I would love to get DCE as he is an outstanding player both on the field and off which makes him great captain material. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that we will get him, so we should also be looking into other options instead of putting all of our cash and focus into one bucket. Some other halves I would like to see the Titans take an interest in would be...

Kieran Foran
    James Maloney
    Isaac John (Possibly mid-season would be great)
    Chris Sandow

Geez.. If we're going for Maloney, we may as well retain Bird 'n secure Gallen's services while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Geez.. If we're going for Maloney, we may as well retain Bird 'n secure Gallen's services while we're at it.
    I sense a bit of hate for Maloney

Do explain
    Last edited by Pallas; 19-02-15 at 10:02 PM.

I would've thought those three names alone would've began to paint a picture.

Plus I'm not sure if we need a boot chucker within our ranks.

I would've thought those three names alone would've began to paint a picture.

Plus I'm not sure if we need a boot chucker within our ranks.

LOL, all I see is a five-eight who can actually tackle. A boot chucker is better than halfwits who piss on cop cars and drive drunk.
    Last edited by Pallas; 20-02-15 at 12:00 AM.

On a serious note, Maloney would be great for Elgey as he was for Johnson. He brings in experience and he would be a rep edition into our spine. He is an off field personality which would be good for us, and he also brings in leadership into the team which is also what we need as we currently lack in that department.

Not denying his talent. But good luck selling the idea to Qlders that the Titans need Maloney.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    Ideally I would love to get DCE as he is an outstanding player both on the field and off which makes him great captain material. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that we will get him, so we should also be looking into other options instead of putting all of our cash and focus into one bucket. Some other halves I would like to see the Titans take an interest in would be...

Kieran Foran
    James Maloney
    Isaac John (Possibly mid-season would be great)
    Chris Sandow
    Kieran Foran is an outstanding player, but we have no hope as he will resign with Manly.
    James Maloney has come to the end of his career and will pursue his TV career, the Rooster appear to be giving him the option to look around and that should say something, he has been a very good NRL player but his defence is showing some cracks and will be targeted big time this year. he is not a good signing for us (we have very good leaders already at our club in myles and bird and players really respect them even if some of our supporters do not)
    Isaac John is a player I do not know enough about.
    Chris Sandow has defensive flaws and during a season is hot and cold and another that would not be suited to our club, (we are no longer a retirement club for NRL players)
    DCE is our answer and lets see how that pans out, it appears from all the press that we are in with a good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBear View Post
    Kieran Foran is an outstanding player, but we have no hope as he will resign with Manly.
    James Maloney has come to the end of his career and will pursue his TV career, the Rooster appear to be giving him the option to look around and that should say something, he has been a very good NRL player but his defence is showing some cracks and will be targeted big time this year. he is not a good signing for us (we have very good leaders already at our club in myles and bird and players really respect them even if some of our supporters do not)
    Isaac John is a player I do not know enough about.
    Chris Sandow has defensive flaws and during a season is hot and cold and another that would not be suited to our club, (we are no longer a retirement club for NRL players)
    DCE is our answer and lets see how that pans out, it appears from all the press that we are in with a good chance.
    I was just putting down Foran as a option as I do not believe the Sea eagles will be able to keep both their star halves. Plus it wouldn't hurt to try.

Maloney has been dropping in form recently, but I easily much rather him to partner LG than either Sezer or Morts. Maloney plays his best footy when he is not the foil of the halves pairing. He was great for Warriors when Johnson was his foil as well as when Pearce was his foil at the Roosters. Now that Pearce has stepped up and started to take more control of the game, he isn't the foil any more, in actuality Maloney now more of the foil.

Isaac John would be a much improvement over Sezer, but truth be told I am the least sure of him out of everyone on this list. In saying that, he would be very cheap to get and he is not all too happy with Panthers at the moment as he has not been given a chance since the signing of Wallace and Soward. Not leadership material but good player. Refer to round 10 for the Panthers in 2013.

Chris Sandow is not cheap, but he can show leadership and though he may play inconsistent for us, he will still be an upgrade of Sezer/Morts. If he plays like he did in the nines, he would be almost as good for us as DCE, as he looks to have finally matured.

As for everyone on this list, I would not go after them straight away, but I would midway through the season or if we haven't made progress with DCE.

As for leadership we do need more as all of the better clubs have 3+ (good leaders) that they field. Bird isn't a good leader for us which is evident by his off-field performance. Myles has been better off field in recent years but so far hasn't put the effort in on-field which is where we really need to perform. We need to sign one or two players with leadership material (e.g. DCE or Maloney) and also make leaders out of the crop of players we have now. (e.g. Hoffman, Douglas)
    Last edited by Pallas; 20-02-15 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    I was just putting down Foran as a option as I do not believe the Sea eagles will be able to keep both their star halves. Plus it wouldn't hurt to try.

Maloney has been dropping in form recently, but I easily much rather him to partner LG than either Sezer or Morts. Maloney plays his best footy when he is not the foil of the halves pairing. He was great for Warriors when Johnson was his foil as well as when Pearce was his foil at the Roosters. Now that Pearce has stepped up and started to take more control of the game, he isn't the foil any more, in actuality Maloney now more of the foil.

Isaac John would be a much improvement over Sezer, but truth be told I am the least sure of him out of everyone on this list. In saying that, he would be very cheap to get and he is not all too happy with Panthers at the moment as he has not been given a chance since the signing of Wallace and Soward. Not leadership material but good player. Refer to round 10 for the Panthers in 2013.

Chris Sandow is not cheap, but he can show leadership and though he may play inconsistent for us, he will still be an upgrade of Sezer/Morts. If he plays like he did in the nines, he would be almost as good for us as DCE, as he looks to have finally matured.

As for everyone on this list, I would not go after them straight away, but I would midway through the season or if we haven't made progress with DCE.

As for leadership we do need more as all of the better clubs have 5+ (good leaders) that they field. Bird isn't a good leader for us which is evident by his off-field performance. Myles has been better off field in recent years but so far hasn't put the effort in on-field which is where we really need to perform. We need to sign one or two players with leadership material (e.g. DCE or Maloney) and also make leaders out of the crop of players we have now. (e.g. Hoffman, Douglas)
    Good post Pallas. Agree with it all except Sandow. I don't want him here as he seems to be either one schooner or a poker machine away from career going off the rails. He was great for Parra last year and I hope for his sake he keeps going but I feel we can do without the risk.

Not denying his talent. But good luck selling the idea to Qlders that the Titans need Maloney.
    I would prefer a Queenslander, but at our current state we can't afford to be picky. A simple solution would be to trade in Maloney for Sezer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Good post Pallas. Agree with it all except Sandow. I don't want him here as he seems to be either one schooner or a poker machine away from career going off the rails. He was great for Parra last year and I hope for his sake he keeps going but I feel we can do without the risk.
    Fair enough to be honest, that's why he was at the bottom of the list. In saying that, he might turnout to be just what we need. Risking signing Sandow is a better option than just settling for mediocrity in our halves. Also he is a junior so I would like him to return to the Titans.

As I've stated before I wouldn't be rushing to sign him right away, I would wait half a season to see how he turns out.
    Last edited by Pallas; 20-02-15 at 10:26 AM.

ive decided that mosely should start. he will also be coming in to my SC team quick smart

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    ive decided that mosely should start. he will also be coming in to my SC team quick smart
    Thank god I picked him in mine! Was tossing up between him and Falloon actually. I think I made the right choice now!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Thank god I picked him in mine! Was tossing up between him and Falloon actually. I think I made the right choice now!
    You were honestly considering Falloon for fantasy? wut