Default Moseley: Comparisons to Smith won’t go to my head

Kierran Moseley: Comparisons to Cameron Smith won’t go to my head

TODD BALYM
    THE COURIER-MAIL
    FEBRUARY 16, 2015 12:00AM

TITANS hooker Kierran Moseley is flattered by comparisons to Kangaroos Test skipper Cameron Smith, but the Gold Coast rookie won’t let one good game go to his head.

Moseley was one of the many Indigenous young guns that turned heads last Friday, his hooking performance off the bench prompting rave reviews by Immortal Andrew Johns and Channel Nine commentator Phil Gould.

Johns said Moseley “reminded him of Cameron Smith” while Gould revealed he released Moseley from Penrith to the Titans because he felt the 20-year-old was ready for NRL action but it couldn’t be guaranteed at the Panthers behind James Segeyaro and Apisai Koroisau.

Moseley was stunned when told that Johns had mentioned a similarity to Smith and said he would use the confidence gained from a week in Indigenous All Stars camp to push for round one selection for the Titans.

“Oh really, that is a good rap but I’m still working on my game and I’m still only young,” Moseley said.

“Hopefully I have a lot more ahead of me. To get that rap from Joey is something special and I’m very thankful for that.

“I’m just trying to work a bit more on my game and my work off the field which will get me on the field. I’m not letting this game get to my head that is for sure.

“(Coach Neil Henry) has told me just to get out there and play footy. For myself I know I have to work on areas of my game and the main focus for me is my defence.

“Being small in the middle I’ve been trying really hard to work on my defence.”

Moseley knows nothing is for certain at the Gold Coast.

Incumbent hooker Beau Falloon is the reigning club champion and he is due to play his first game of the year in Saturday’s trial against North Queensland in Cairns.

Matt Srama is determined to fight for a first grade spot after rejecting a move to the Sydney Roosters, while Christian Hazard has also shown potential to occupy the bench hooking role during the early trials.

But Moseley is the man coming through the ranks who many, including Maroons coach Mal Meninga, believe is heading in the right direction.

Moseley is hopeful he will add to his one NRL appearance in 2015 and said he owed Gould for allowing him to leave Penrith to pursue a first grade opportunity at the Titans.

“I’m very thankful for them for letting me go and giving me that opportunity,” Moseley said.

“I had the majority of last year in NSW Cup and handled myself pretty well there. My manager said you need to play first grade and be in that environment.

“The Panthers put a lot of time and effort into me and developing me, so for them to let me go I feel very honoured form them and for Gus for everything he has done for me personally in my career.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1227220554666

Very exciting. Can't wait to see more of him this year.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

NRL 2015 season: Titans must start Moseley

Young hooker Kierran Moseley secured an off-season move to the Titans in a bid to get an opportunity in first grade and his superb cameo in the All Stars game suggests he’s ready for a starting jersey.

No superlative was too grand for the Channel Nine commentators as they described Moseley’s contribution to the All Stars game, with Andrew Johns even comparing the 20-year-old to future Immortal Cameron Smith.

That might be a touch premature but at the very least Moseley must be breathing down the neck of incumbent Titans hooker Beau Fallon for Neil Henry’s round one side.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl...-1227221238051
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Just pick him and get on with the rest of them ... we all know what Falloon is not capable of and Zillman and Mortimer ... the waiting is killing me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I will be interested to see how much the side changes between round 1 and round 7..... Why round 7? It's a number that sticks in the mind as being of interest.....

I am pleased Kierran has a level head. The only similarity with Cameron Smith at this stage is that they both play Rugby League.
    I keep hearing Gus Gould put wraps on him yet it was he that signed another hooker to ensure Kierran had no chance at NRL level this year and they let him go.
    Like others I would like to see him picked straight up in round 1 but I don't think that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I will be interested to see how much the side changes between round 1 and round 7..... Why round 7? It's a number that sticks in the mind as being of interest.....
    As it's only a few days to Chinese New Year I point out that 8 is an auspicious number and also that it will be the Year of the Goat so let's hope that that means those pictures have finally been shredded.

i hope he gets a go sooner than later, but some of the best recent talent, DCE, MOylan, BHunt, have come along, or even debuted after 22 years old.

We cant be too upset if he takes longer, same for Elgey. Id rather sooner than later, but some players dont take to it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i hope he gets a go sooner than later, but some of the best recent talent, DCE, MOylan, BHunt, have come along, or even debuted after 22 years old.

We cant be too upset if he takes longer, same for Elgey. Id rather sooner than later, but some players dont take to it as well.
    I'll be upset if Elgey isn't carving up the NRL by rd 10
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Did DCE fans or family think the same, and now are really happy they waited til he was 22 to give him his debut?

If we want to be any chance of being some sort of force in this seasons competition, Mosely has done his apprenticeship playing 1st for the Panthers in the NSW & has more skill than Falloon,Srama & Mortimer put together, his defense will improve with time..

Elgey needs to be put straight in for round 1 , Mortimer doesn't have the skill or vision to take the team anywhere & should fight for a bench spot with Hazard but Kane will be a star his kicking game will be the best this club has ever had , I don't go for he needs time in Q Cup we have the forward pack to succeed but they need to be steered around the park & not after 6 or 7 rounds when Mortimer has failed..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    If we want to be any chance of being some sort of force in this seasons competition, Mosely has done his apprenticeship playing 1st for the Panthers in the NSW & has more skill than Falloon,Srama & Mortimer put together, his defense will improve with time..

Elgey needs to be put straight in for round 1 , Mortimer doesn't have the skill or vision to take the team anywhere & should fight for a bench spot with Hazard but Kane will be a star his kicking game will be the best this club has ever had , I don't go for he needs time in Q Cup we have the forward pack to succeed but they need to be steered around the park & not after 6 or 7 rounds when Mortimer has failed..
    You really rate this kid Pete??

Pete, I totally agree. Moseley should just start and it's a pity that drunken fool Carter took the path he did because he would have been the perfect foil for Elgey. I wouldn't be too broken hearted if Elgey came off the bench for the first couple of games to get a feel for NRL.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    You really rate this kid Pete??
    I do mate you can see he has just got it & the only thing he may fall short on is the pace of the game but the only way to pick it up is to play it
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I do mate you can see he has just got it & the only thing he may fall short on is the pace of the game but the only way to pick it up is to play it
    It's funny you mention the speed of the game as I thought Mossley was at times alittle slow to the play the ball on the edges at times. I agree though he needs to be the first choice hooker.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady