Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Titans close to $100 million move that will secure NRL future until 2025

THE Titans are closing in on a $100 million move to Parkwood that will secure the club’s future in the NRL until 2025.

The Courier-Mail understands the Titans are a fortnight away from one of the most important deals in the club’s tumultuous eight-year history.

In September, the Titans announced plans to move to a site at Coomera in a proposed $7 million project that had the backing of Gold Coast City Council.
    But the club has cooled on Coomera, with a shift to Parkwood International golf course emerging as a superior financial proposition for the embattled NRL club.

Under a tenancy agreement with Parkwood, the Titans would leverage the precinct’s plans for a Leagues Club-style facility that has been a financial backbone for Sydney-based NRL clubs.

As part of the $100m upgrade, Parkwood International would underwrite construction of a state-of-the-art motel and facilities that will offer a social and entertainment arm for Titans fans.

Titans fans show their support.
    Titans fans show their support.
    Gold Coast CEO Graham Annesley said no contract had been signed with either Parkwood or Coomera but Parkwood has emerged as the Titans’ preferred home because a move to Coomera hinged on co-owner Darryl Kelly funding construction of an administrative base.

“The Parkwood deal is looking promising but it could still fall over,” Annesley said.

“Whether it’s Parkwood or Coomera, it will cement the Titans on the Gold Coast for at least the next decade and it will continue the rebirth of the club that we have been going through since I got here.

Parkwood International Golf Course is about to undergo a $100 million dollar redevelopmen
    Parkwood International Golf Course is about to undergo a $100 million dollar redevelopment
    “We are trying to stabilise the club and make it sustainable long-term. Regardless of whether it’s Parkwood or Coomera, this will be an important step in the process.

“Coomera is still on the table but one of the appeals of Parkwood, if it comes off, is to give us a social hub for want of a better term, which the club has never had.

“It’s not really a leagues club, more a community club that would incorporate some of Parkwood’s existing facilities.

“Running an NRL club these days is not easy, some of the traditional leagues clubs used to give enormous grants to their respective football teams, but it’s not as easy these days.”

Annesley reiterated the NRL’s support for the Titans amid speculation the club could be relocated within southeast Queensland.

“It (the Titans being relocated) ios so far from the mark it’s not funny,” he said.

“The NRL is absolutely committed to the Gold Coast. The club is not going anywhere. I have read a few things but we have no plans to relocate.’’

The article was from the Courier Mail Website. This deal if it comes off will be great news for the club.
    Last edited by Bayside Titan; 11-02-15 at 11:34 PM.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Under a tenancy agreement with Parkwood, the Titans would leverage the precinct’s plans for a Leagues Club-style facility that has been a financial backbone for Sydney-based NRL clubs.

As part of the $100m upgrade, Parkwood International would underwrite construction of a state-of-the-art motel and facilities that will offer a social and entertainment arm for Titans fans.

“Coomera is still on the table but one of the appeals of Parkwood, if it comes off, is to give us a social hub for want of a better term, which the club has never had.

“It’s not really a leagues club, more a community club that would incorporate some of Parkwood’s existing facilities.
    A facility that allows the fans to gather before and after the game near the ground......... Wow what a ground breaking idea..
    In all seriousness though if this comes off it will be a good thing.

it makes me seriously consider joining the golf club too. imagine a round, then a few beers and watching the team.

course is a bit of a shambles from what i hear at the moment, but surely thats part of the upgrade? exciting times.

might also make the move to ipswich a bit easier

Thank god this is about a new off field home. And fantastic news on a possible home for the fans where we can build a community. And NOT about some ridiculous move to Brisbane which would be devastating for the NRL, Gold Coast RL and not any good for Brisbane RL either.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The only issue I have with it is that traditionally the behaviour models of golf club patrons and leagues clubs are poles apart.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

I am loving the direction the club is heading. If this comes off I will be at all the home games not just a couple like previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The only issue I have with it is that traditionally the behaviour models of golf club patrons and leagues clubs are poles apart.
    I resemble that remark

I am a member of both already & would be happy to add Parkwood which is a very good Golf Course

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    it makes me seriously consider joining the golf club too. imagine a round, then a few beers and watching the team.

course is a bit of a shambles from what i hear at the moment, but surely thats part of the upgrade? exciting times.

might also make the move to ipswich a bit easier
    Ipswich ,,,,,,who's holding the Gun,,,,,ahhh Job
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I resemble that remark

I am a member of both already & would be happy to add Parkwood which is a very good Golf Course

- - - Updated - - -

Ipswich ,,,,,,who's holding the Gun,,,,,ahhh Job
    you played Parkwood lately Pete? I played a few years ago and loved it, but ive heard average things since.

you played Parkwood lately Pete? I played a few years ago and loved it, but ive heard average things since.
    Yep, I think we played there a couple of years ago (Diehard's first ever game from memory)...I hate the place. I have a natural 'left to right shot' (is that a slice?) and all the freakin' trees on the tee offs are on the left. Leaves me with no where to go (except in the trees)....So I reckin' build a clubhouse at Tallai............Thataldome.

P.S. I have a new job now that stops me from getting onto social media regularly...so yous would not wanna be talking about me behind my back..

It's probably the best of the non resort style courses on the Coast, it was good before but I prefer it now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Yep, I think we played there a couple of years ago (Diehard's first ever game from memory)...I hate the place. I have a natural 'left to right shot' (is that a slice?) and all the freakin' trees on the tee offs are on the left. Leaves me with no where to go (except in the trees)....So I reckin' build a clubhouse at Tallai............Thataldome.

P.S. I have a new job now that stops me from getting onto social media regularly...so yous would not wanna be talking about me behind my back..
    Who are you mate , welcome to the forum
    #itaintweaktospeak

Hey everybody, Shamus' ears were burning after the roasting you all gave him … shamus on you!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    It's probably the best of the non resort style courses on the Coast, it was good before but I prefer it now

- - - Updated - - -
    you like it? WTf i heard it was shocking now...im gonna have to go road test this course. i havent played there since the forum golf day with our CEO. had 2 for 1 memberships recently. passed on it seemingly on bad info.

Who are you mate , welcome to the forum

Diehard's only game!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Anyone heard anymore about this deal? Thought it should be done and things started by now. ?????
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

it was in paper today that they are hoping to get it sorted really soon. just working through the finer points.

the delay in getting it finalised means it wont be ready for start of pre season, but should be ready before kick-off of 2016.