Default 2015 Charity Shield

2015 Charity Shield
    Rabbitohs v Dragons

ANZ Stadum
    Kick off: 7:35pm

RABBITOHS: 1. Alex Johnston, 2. Daryl Millard, 3. Dylan Walker, 4. Bryson Goodwin, 5. Joel Reddy, 6. Luke Keary, 7. Adam Reynolds, 8. George Burgess, 9. Issac Luke (c), 10. Dave Tyrrell, 11. Kyle Turner, 12. Chris McQueen, 13. Jason Clark. Interchange: 14. Cameron McInnes, 15. Chris Grevsmuhl, 16. Glenn Stewart, 17. Tim Grant, 18. Ben Lowe, 19. Scott Sorensen, 20. Brock Gray, 21. Angus Crichton, 22. Sam Manuleleua, 23. Setefano Taukafa, 24. Tom Hughes

DRAGONS: 1. Josh Dugan 2. Dylan Farrell 3. Euan Aitken 4. Dane Nielsen 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Benji Marshall 8. Mike Cooper 9. Mitch Rein 10. Leeson Ah Mau 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Joel Thompson 13. Ben Creagh (c). Interchange: 14. Peter Mata’utia 15. Will Matthews 16. Heath L’Estrange 17. Rory O’Brien 18. Jack de Belin 19. Dan Hunt 20. George Rose 21. Charly Runciman 22. Shannon Crook 23. Drew Hutchison 24. Eto Nabuli 25. Jake Marketo 26. Yaw Kiti Glymin

- - - Updated - - -

Looks to be a lot of quality players set to play in this match but i would be surprised to see Reynolds play with his injury from the 9's & the fact he has to jump on a plane next week for a trip to the World Club Challenge..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Extremely tough match for a pre season trial & at half time it's the Dragons leading 6-0 from some Benji Magic

Unlimited interchange with each team having about 28 players is keeping it quite fast

Not sure about the 8 officials on the field though , it's a bit of overkill for me
    #itaintweaktospeak

I just posted on the trials thread (not sure this game deserves it's own thread) that I thought the first half was boring which is what you would expect with 37 players being used in one half. How can you get a combo going with that.

Wish I could be watching. Go Souths.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Still 6-0 to the Dragons. Very low scoring game so far.

12-0 Dragons. Sideline conversion from Widdop. Better second half. Now for the shock - Dugan is off with a knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I just posted on the trials thread (not sure this game deserves it's own thread) that I thought the first half was boring which is what you would expect with 37 players being used in one half. How can you get a combo going with that.
    This match is more than a trial (30+ years) & certainly deserves its own thread

- - - Updated - - -

12-6 Dragons with 15 to go
    #itaintweaktospeak

Dropped ball Dragons. Picked up by a Souths player called Sam (his surname was long and not pronouncable or spellable) who ran 70 metres to score. Isaac Luke (easy name to spell) converts 12-6 with 15 to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    This match is more than a trial (30+ years) & certainly deserves its own thread

- - - Updated - - -

12-6 Dragons with 15 to go
    27 years I think they said. But with 54 players - mate it's a trial. Moreso than other years but I think the trip to the UK has effected it this year.

Young Coleman on the park , have heard raps on this kid for the past 2 years hope he goes well
    #itaintweaktospeak

Converted try Souths. Scored by Chris Grevsmuhl 12 all with 3 to go. No extra time if a draw.

Good finish 12-12 love having the footy back
    #itaintweaktospeak

Fulltime 12 all. A manic last minute. Dubious forward against Souths led to a scrum 30 metres out from their line. Instead of a few simple hit ups the Dragons went wide and dropped it on the first. Souths went quickly up to field goal territory and they dropped it. Good second half and from what I could see the extra refs they had (8 in total - 2 refs, 4 touchies, 2 in goal) made no difference. Still missed forward passes and went to the video for two of the tries - as they needed to in my opinion.