Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Themed Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    I am going to the Broncos game and I assure you that I will not be wearing any neon crap. I will be wearing my Titans colours and focusing on supporting the team. Agree it should be called 'Derby round' which sounds and looks less childish.

There are too many themed rounds where the focus should be wearing the Titans colours with pride as a supporter.

Also agree with MT with the giving away the flags idea. It would definitely put some blue and gold back into the crowd like in 07 and 08.
    Absolutely. I can't imagine Man U and City, Collingwood and Carlton, Yankees and Mets doing tacky stuff like this. It's a joke.

And how appropriate is having a rave theme right now?

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Absolutely. I can't imagine Man U and City, Collingwood and Carlton, Yankees and Mets doing tacky stuff like this. It's a joke.

And how appropriate is having a rave theme right now?

i think its something an already very successful club might do for a small pocket of fans like the legion or something similar, but only when the place is full.

if we are already empty and this flops and 28 people wear fluro, its just feels even more like a failure and reeks of desperation.

lets focus on community, getting people to wear our own club colours first goddammit, and slowly fill the joint. gimmicks wont work.

Titans' rock and roll past comes back to haunt them

In a horror week for the Gold Coast Titans, some marketing decisions are coming back to haunt them.

A promotional photo for Ticketek featuring Dave Taylor, one of five Titans players on cocaine charges was this afternoon still front and centre on the website, to promote the Titans round one clash against the Tigers, themed as "Rock Night".

As NRL CEO Dave Smith made his way to the Gold Coast to announce the organisation's official takeover of the club, the picture of Taylor with guitar in hand and dressed like a serious rocker was still running on the site.

A rapidly redesigned Ticketek promotional image for the upcoming Gold Coast Titans game.

That Round one March 7 game comes right in the middle of the court appearances of Taylor, Greg Bird, Jamie Dowling, Kalifa Faifai Loa and Beau Falloon.

The State of Origin representative also features in numerous other pictures on the Ticketek website, promoting Titans home games in various themes.

When shown the picture by Fairfax Media, Gold Coast CEO, Graham Annesley said he had not seen it previously and could not comment.

Titans chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle said the photo was likely part of a campaign organised well before the unfolding events of the week.

Frizelle did say that the club would probably be looking at taking it down pretty swiftly and the NRL was also expecting the club to do so.

"I'd say that was organised a long time ago," she said.

By late afternoon the image had been replaced.

The poster isn't the only regrettable marketing choice doing the rounds on social media. A video clip entitled 'Coke staff Train with the Team' - in which staffers from sponsor Coca-Cola train with Titans players - is also circulating.

Attempts to contact Coca-Cola Amatil, to gauge whether their sponsorship would be affected by the cocaine saga, were unsuccessful.

The Titans play their first match on the Gold Coast on March 7 against the West Tigers

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/t...24-13nlet.html

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

the theme for game 1 should be "Back to the Titans".
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    the theme for game 1 should be "Back to the Titans".
    Mate great idea, check out the match thread where I asked the question about starting a campaign to get as many people to the game as possible.

As a part time fan is much rather go to a theme night than a night where someone gives u flags to wave around lol.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I didn't know about the themed round until I just read this thread. I was looking at ticket prices earlier and clicked on the membership page and saw "rock night" and thought it was advertising a social night down at the local bowls club! Awful idea. Great at a carnival event like the sevens but regular games - no thanks!

I agree that they should be concentrating on team colours- I love flags. Every member should be given a flag (and a discount for wooden doweling at Bunnings to replace the crappy plastic stick!)

I also didn't like the legion's relocation. Big flags and big banners show dedication and what the hard core dedicated fans feels about their club. Last season the legion looked depleted and underwhelming. I know they were moved to be in the TV arc but we need them to look good on the telly or there's not much point in having them there if there isn't much to see.
    (No offence to the Legion, more a comment on the rules, that I feel, have dumbed down the Legion's visual presence)

Yea The Legion shouldn't have been moved IMO.

One thing we did years ago was the last home game was Toga Party. That would have been a fun tradition if it continued.

Yea The Legion shouldn't have been moved IMO.

One thing we did years ago was the last home game was Toga Party. That would have been a fun tradition if it continued.

This was actually relevant because of the greek connection.

back to ttitans theme...but also back to the coast. i would love to see famous players from seagulls and giants, chargers days parade before the first or last game of season. first game they could 'launch' the year by being present and involved.

imagine seeing some of those old blokes coming out? Danny Peacock, Peter Gill, Steve jackson...make a big deal of it. i would go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    back to ttitans theme...but also back to the coast. i would love to see famous players from seagulls and giants, chargers days parade before the first or last game of season. first game they could 'launch' the year by being present and involved.

imagine seeing some of those old blokes coming out? Danny Peacock, Peter Gill, Steve jackson...make a big deal of it. i would go nuts.
    I have a bit to do with Gilly & Peacock through the juniors & the once great Fullback looks 20 months past due so just don't try & put a jersey on him...
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I have a bit to do with Gilly & Peacock through the juniors & the once great Fullback looks 20 months past due so just don't try & put a jersey on him...
    i originally wanted my username on forum to be danny pea**** but the forum sensor wouldnt allow it. so i went for bouveng.

loved peacock.

maybe we can make it for end of year, give him some tough mudder training cos we need him in a old boys suit by end of season.

Hashtag too? Ok...

Honestly, dressing up for the footy should be enough....

Whoever comes up with these promotions, or the driving force behind the promotions should try and engage the the fans first to what they actually think before pushing a ahead with them. Simply for the fact that have been mentioned previously in this thread.

It's well overdue they pull their collective heads out of their butts and actually engage with the fans again first. Then they could potentially build on these ideas collectively.

As it is, any mung bean can come up with these pointless promotions.
    Last edited by Toads; 05-03-15 at 06:06 PM.