Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Themed Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Remember all the flags that supporters had in the first year or two at Skilled? I reckon we should just try and get the colour back. Last year Manly had a home game where the first 5000 kids were given flags - most were on the hill and it came across great on tv. Give something decent to fans free (especially kids) and they will go. Just a thought.
    Yea 4 of them were mine. I miss those days.

How can we get colour back at Robina? We need people willing to take flags and banners.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We all remember the sea of flags in 2007 and 2008 with great affection.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    We all remember the sea of flags in 2007 and 2008 with great affection.

Like I said - just pick a game and give 5,000 away to kids and the colour is back. Simple and I bet a few of the kids would be back with their flags for following games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Like I said - just pick a game and give 5,000 away to kids and the colour is back. Simple and I bet a few of the kids would be back with their flags for following games.
    Yea have a flag day. Baseball does this type of thing all the time in MLB.

Also have a competition where some people waving a flag win a substantial prize.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    In regards to the flags the club handed out i think the mistake they made was putting the year on each they should've just had the club logo on them to be used for as long as someone wanted to wave them over the years
    Agree with this statement whole-heartedly!
    I am a BIG believer the more space they can fill with our traditional colours is only going to good for the Titans...flags are excellent for this!

Is this a case of the flag wagging the dog?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Thats a great point about putting years on the flags. Everyone loves a collector's item and momento, but that is better left for small items such as keyrings, badges and membership cards.

We need to think of a few things that we want our club recognized as, mass flags would be a great goal and something many of us agree with.

Holy. ****.

HOW ABOUT DERBY NIGHT!?!?!?!

Fair enough

Oh....

Falloon the player of the year where 'player' takes on a new meaning.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Neon Night on what should be a Derby will do me....

one of the biggest bug bears of recent years has been cost of a day at football and getting people to buy supporters wear...

now they expect people to cough up for an outfit every two weeks? hhhhm

Oh.

My.

God.

Firstly, I agree that most of this is BS marketing, by small minded people who think this will bring fans.

Secondly, I agree they should have "best dressed supporter" competitions EVERY home game, and make it best 5, or even 10, give them a double pass to next home game or shed visit or something relevant to fans. We should be wearing Titans colours, not neon or onsies or any other stoopid BS.

Thirdly, they used to have ABC bricks competition for best ABC bricks banner, and heaps of people put in massive effort to be spotted to win that comp. Yet if you fly a large Titan flag or banner at the ground you will be asked to take it down or not wave it in front of people. It's happened to me before.

I was also told I couldn't hang a banner across the fence at the front because it blocked sponsors signage, and that was in the front of the legion in the days when they were under the posts. I have even been told not to hang a banner on the railing behind us (under the big screen) even though there is no signage. I think that is because it was a Carty sign at the time, and would have been shown on TV.

I am going to the Broncos game and I assure you that I will not be wearing any neon crap. I will be wearing my Titans colours and focusing on supporting the team. Agree it should be called 'Derby round' which sounds and looks less childish.

There are too many themed rounds where the focus should be wearing the Titans colours with pride as a supporter.

Also agree with MT with the giving away the flags idea. It would definitely put some blue and gold back into the crowd like in 07 and 08.

Now the NRL owns us can we abolish these rancid promotions?

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Holy. ****.

HOW ABOUT DERBY NIGHT!?!?!?!

Fair enough

Oh....