Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Themed Rounds

Default Themed Rounds

Round 1 is a rockstar night.

There's a round called Superhero Saturday.

One of the games in the winter months has something to do with wearing a 'Onesie'.

URGH....

This is a terrible, terrible decision by club management to go down this road. It won't work. Any promotion designed to get people to come along to the game that does not focus on the product on the field as the primary ingredient is doomed to failure.

Cricket Australia have been promoting One Day Cricket as a dress up party. Now, nobody is going to one day cricket. The ARU promoted their sevens event as a reason to 'dress up and party'. They got about 12K people across two days.

I realise that One Day cricket is a sport in decline and I also realise that Rugby Union is an absolute joke of a sport that nobody in their right mind would support in any way, shape or form.

This makes it all the more baffling why we would go down this road.

I'm not going to enter into the spirit of whatever the hell rockstar night is. I'm not wearing a cape or my undies outside my pants and I'm definitely not wearing a 'Onesie'. Don't take this as a sign I'm not supporting my team, I'll be paying for a membership and I'll be turning up to watch the team I love. I just won't be engaging in cheap marketing dribble that is likely to detract from the product on the field.

Yes mate i'm with you , i'll be wearing a jersey & thats as onesie as i get, as far Rockstar night goes just keep playing decent music when the boys run onto the park & i'm happy with that
    #itaintweaktospeak

I'm sure someone posted in the forum last year regarding the fact that the warriors do this and it works very well.
    Not sure about the Rd 12 super heroes theme against the Rabbitohs. Maybe some of the cosplay people from SuperNova will dust off their costumes. Seems to play into the Rabbits favour as they can whip out the superman movie jersey.
    They need to try and get bums on seats so if it appeals to a larger audience and creates a better atmosphere and there are prizes to encourage involvement then it's better than doing nothing to increase attendance.

I totally disagree ... I think we should have more themes such as 'I wish I was a gAyFL star', 'Homos and Whores' or everybody's favourite 'Village People'.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Round 1 is a rockstar night.

There's a round called Superhero Saturday.

One of the games in the winter months has something to do with wearing a 'Onesie'.

URGH....

This is a terrible, terrible decision by club management to go down this road. It won't work. Any promotion designed to get people to come along to the game that does not focus on the product on the field as the primary ingredient is doomed to failure.

Cricket Australia have been promoting One Day Cricket as a dress up party. Now, nobody is going to one day cricket. The ARU promoted their sevens event as a reason to 'dress up and party'. They got about 12K people across two days.

I realise that One Day cricket is a sport in decline and I also realise that Rugby Union is an absolute joke of a sport that nobody in their right mind would support in any way, shape or form.

This makes it all the more baffling why we would go down this road.

I'm not going to enter into the spirit of whatever the hell rockstar night is. I'm not wearing a cape or my undies outside my pants and I'm definitely not wearing a 'Onesie'. Don't take this as a sign I'm not supporting my team, I'll be paying for a membership and I'll be turning up to watch the team I love. I just won't be engaging in cheap marketing dribble that is likely to detract from the product on the field.
    i support Union more than I do Titans, it's a joke in this country but worldwide league is a pissant in comparison
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Maybe we could have a round where we all get to lie down on the vacant seats next to us cause the club can't be bothered trying to appeal to a wider audience. If this gets promoted properly across all forms of media then it could be huge for attendance. It looks great on TV. If we are going to do comparisons, 20/20 cricket, Sevens, Nines all seem to do well with it.

yeah maybe one or two per year if we really have too, but doing it often seems like jumping the shark a bit, and when it flops and no one dresses up, its more embarrasing.

We have a hard enough time getting fans to wear titans gear let alone any other theme... lets worry about wearing our own colours first!

I think that you will find that this is mainly aimed at children to try and get the kids to want to go to to the footy and drag the parents along with them. It's also a starting point to instill Brand awareness aimed at the kids as these have been identified as an important demographic as to establish a new wave of followers. Most of us on here that have been around a few years have the Titans and the team we went for before the Titans.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

This is very embarrassing, I agree.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Seems like an extension of those horrid marvel NRL jerseys from last year.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Wouldn't it be unreal seeing a stadium of smurfs...lol
    Easily the best dress ups I have seen at the Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Yea the Smurfs were quality. An early example of how passionate and colourful Titans fans could be.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    This is a perfect example of organic support being developed by real fans. It was engaging and legitimate.

Remember all the flags that supporters had in the first year or two at Skilled? I reckon we should just try and get the colour back. Last year Manly had a home game where the first 5000 kids were given flags - most were on the hill and it came across great on tv. Give something decent to fans free (especially kids) and they will go. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Remember all the flags that supporters had in the first year or two at Skilled? I reckon we should just try and get the colour back. Last year Manly had a home game where the first 5000 kids were given flags - most were on the hill and it came across great on tv. Give something decent to fans free (especially kids) and they will go. Just a thought.
    The flags used to look fantastic at Skilled when the Legion was behind the goal posts but now they are in the centre of the park they seemed to have reduced the number of flags not sure of thats because of viewing restrictions of other patrons (i'd hate to be sitting near them) or because the likes of Diehard & Cwhiz are no longer associated with them..

In regards to the flags the club handed out i think the mistake they made was putting the year on each they should've just had the club logo on them to be used for as long as someone wanted to wave them over the years
    #itaintweaktospeak