Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast

At the very least it is good that there is a bit of media saying we have a glimmer of a chance.

I agree with you all about what DCE would do for the Titans. It'd be massive.

I would be an impossible jump for him before the NRL moved in. Now anything is possible.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Needless to ay the excrement is starting to hit the fan on the Manly forums about this as many people think it's the NRL stripping one of the best players from the club to prop up a club that they now own. Conflict of interest and all that.
    That is probably correct but I suppose I have the best of both worlds. Certainly after the near death experience this week, more than ever the Titans need DCE. If Manly keep Foran I can accept that......I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Needless to ay the excrement is starting to hit the fan on the Manly forums about this as many people think it's the NRL stripping one of the best players from the club to prop up a club that they now own. Conflict of interest and all that.
    That is probably correct but I suppose I have the best of both worlds. Certainly after the near death experience this week, more than ever the Titans need DCE. If Manly keep Foran I can accept that......I suppose.
    Sharks forum are flipping out as well but they always seem uneasy and throw a hissy whenever something doesn't go their way

Just because the NRL owns the club doesn't mean they can spend more than the cap allows so the nevilles should just pull their heads in , Manly will announce the resigning of Foran before kick off & if I had the choice DCE would always be 2nd to him.. by the way I'm still a Manly member like a few others here
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Just because the NRL owns the club doesn't mean they can spend more than the cap allows so the nevilles should just pull their heads in , Manly will announce the resigning of Foran before kick off & if I had the choice DCE would always be 2nd to him.. by the way I'm still a Manly member like a few others here
    They can't spend more than the cap but they can guarantee his payments which I guess other clubs cannot, as well as being in a far better position to get third party deals than any individual club.
    Frankly I am just over the saga with him in relation to Manly and I agree that Foran would be my priority. DCE would just be massive for the Titans and as I said a while ago I reckon he would almost pay for a chunk of his salary this year as sponsors would get on board early.

i think that DCE has upset Manly fans enough that it would almost be awkward if he re signed. im sure they would forgive him, but there is ill will here. i guess the difference between him and Jamie Lyon is that DCE is honest about his dealings with other clubs?

I think If he is going to sign with sharks, they are just as bad image as us. gallen, carney, drugs, ROTHFIELD. no sponsors at times...at least he would be a QLD icon here, better coach, better lifestyle.

They can't spend more than the cap but they can guarantee his payments which I guess other clubs cannot, as well as being in a far better position to get third party deals than any individual club.
    Frankly I am just over the saga with him in relation to Manly and I agree that Foran would be my priority. DCE would just be massive for the Titans and as I said a while ago I reckon he would almost pay for a chunk of his salary this year as sponsors would get on board early.

From Todd Greenberg.

@Todd_Greenberg: @NRL provides assurances that contracts will be honoured for all players & that also forms part of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Graham Annesley is hoping NRL’s decision to take control of the club will help the Titans secure Daly Cherry-Evans
    TODD BALYM RUGBY LEAGUE THE COURIER-MAIL
    FEBRUARY 26, 2015 12:00AM

TITANS boss Graham Annesley hopes a turbulent week will end on an enormous high after the Gold Coast became the favourites to secure Test star Daly Cherry-Evans.

Cherry-Evans is set to finally announce his future on Friday and the decision by the NRL to take full ownership of the club is believed to have swung negotiations favourably in the direction of the Titans.

Any doubt Cherry-Evans is believed to have had serious doubts about the future of the club but they have now been erased.

The Manly Test star has been reassured about the Titans’ prospects and the value of his $3m-plus offer directly by Titans powerbrokers and told of the immense opportunities that could flow to him as the marquee man of the club’s new era.

The NRL’s decision to take ownership of the club caused a whirlwind of speculation on social media with fans questioning if the governing body had a conflict of interest by controlling the club and also assisting with recruitment.

On Wednesday night, the game’s Head of Football, Todd Greenberg took to Twitter to dispel speculation he or anyone else at the NRL was assisting the Titans in the recruitment of Cherry-Evans.

Annesley said he was anxiously hoping the most traumatic week in the club’s history could end with the most important recruitment coup for the their future.

“They are telling us we’re still in the race. I will reserve my excitement until we find out,” Annesley said. “It would be a good way to end a pretty ordinary week.”

Annesley’s primary focus is contractual negotiations with all the Titans corporate partners, with previous deals currently tied to the old company and not immediately transferred to the new entity owned by the NRL.

Everything from sponsorships to the deal with Stadiums Queensland to play at Cbus Super Stadium must be recommitted and there is hope the club can get a better outcome than the high fees previously charged.

The NRL has long made it clear the Titans needed a better deal for the use of the Robina asset and it is hoped a fairer financial arrangement can be reached to help the club’s future success.

“Like all of our relationships with our partners of the past we’re going to be having discussions with all of them,” Annesley said.

“We haven’t had a discussion with the stadium yet but that will obviously be happening in the next few days.”

Annesley said the removal of uncertainty around the club’s future would also allow the club’s commercial team to return to the sponsorship market in a stronger position to sell the rights to front, lower back and sleeve positions jersey valued at $1.5m.

Existing sponsors had been “overwhelmingly” supportive of the club during the cocaine scandal but the change of owners meant they now had a free pass to walk away if they desired.

Annesley is confident of a full retention rate among current partners and buoyed by what could now be achieved in the open market for their vacant sponsorships.

“When you’re trying to negotiate large investment from any company and there are constant rumours about the club’s pending demise it’s hard to get them engaged,” Annesley said.

“Having the backing of the NRL now makes those very different conversations.

“Our objective is to try and get a sponsor as quickly as possible and not only on front of jersey but also on sleeve and lower back which are our other major properties still available.”
    #iwillneverwalkaway

If DCE comes here that will send a very clear message to the market that the club is serious and I reckon the jersey would be full this year let alone next.

If DCE comes here that will send a very clear message to the market that the club is serious and I reckon the jersey would be full this year let alone next.
    imagine the extra numbers in the crowd and general mood of the coast... it would be ayear long DCE party

SMH reporting that Foran is off to the Eels, can't see Manly letting them both go

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    SMH reporting that Foran is off to the Eels, can't see Manly letting them both go
    Yeah not good.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Yeah not good.
    its prob why Manly are interested in Sezer, straight swap for Foran to partner Dce
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

We need this blue chip player in DCE. We've never really had one. It is time for some luck to go our way.

Sezer would be crazy not to o to Mamly if DCE stays there ... looks like we'll be either developing new halves or buying Pommies.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.