Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stalks View Post
    Remember his "bestie" would be on the phone ASAP to warm him if King mentioned that...
    Ben Ikin's commentary against the Titans is a disgrace. he seems to have forgotten his RL career kick started with the seagulls.

As for DCE. Will wait until 1pm. If he backflips, I'm honestly not peeved about it. Got the extra $$ still.

Elgey & Roberts are the future of this club anyway.

after the Cronk deal falling through and then this I dont have much hope of signing another 1/2

please tell me LG can't backflip and go to Manly?

I agree with Titanic comments above and I have thought that DCE will backflip. However it angers me that he has done so dispite my thoughts. At this minute my thoughts are with Annersely and the Admin team as the shear amount of work put into the deal being done would have been huge. Also the impact of DCE not coming now will have huge impact to us commercially in terms of sponsors and business support.

I would suggest an email of support to the club should be one thing we all do. I have already done so.
    #thrunthru
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Just on the point of announcing it... Didn't it all come out after DCE told his team mates? So he really announced it...

Wow what a scumbag! I'm not so angry that he backflipped but the fact he said just a few days ago that he was still coming to the Titans and then to do this is disgraceful. Hope he realises his image is tarnished forever and in my opinion he should never be considered for the Queensland captaincy.

HOWEVER, as Titanic pointed out there are a few positives to this unfortunate situation. We now have plenty of $ to spend and did we really want a guy that doesn't want to be a part of our club?

So disappointed...
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 03-06-15 at 12:40 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Anthony Watts on a 1 game $1 NRL contract (plus bail money) to take to the field and ........ you fill in the blanks but from my point of view it would involve a highlight real of the worst breaks in sporting history.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    As far as the Titans are concerned DCE will be at the club next year. As for what Manly are doing who knows. They are desperate so they could do anything.

I have 2 of my own businesses to run mate so unfortunately can't be around 24/7 but as everyone knows I will post anything I find out when it is possible to do so.

Hopefully he is and I will continue to believe DCE on his word until such time that I hear otherwise from him.
    Hey sorry man I didn't mean to sound like a dick :/ . Didn't mean it that way sorry.

Never in a million years would I imagine someone would do this to a club that was on its knees. Let alone a Queenslander of such repute as DCE. Well he has just toasted his reputation now. And I doubt Manly fans will have much time for him even though they'd think it is such a lark to hurt us so badly.

But not only do we not get DCE but we bloody lose Sezer.... It's savage and cruel.

Will post later....

I still remember how bloody happy I was earlier in the year. And his wishy washy, destructive non comments while whinging about the media speculation which he was infact pedaling on his own power.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Daly Cherry-Evans to remain at Manly after reneging on Titans deal
    PHIL ROTHFIELD — EXCLUSIVE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH JUNE 03, 2015 10:36AM

DALY Cherry-Evans has reneged on the Gold Coast Titans to sign a $10 million contract with the Manly Sea Eagles — by far the most lucrative deal in the game’s history.

The 26-year-old has agreed to a minimum six years in a similar open-ended contract to what AFL superstar Buddy Franklin signed with the Sydney Swans two years ago.

“Daly Cherry-Evans will be at Manly for the rest of his career,” said a Manly source.

The deal is worth more than a $1 million a season which would be worth more than $10 million if he plays on till the age of other great halfbacks like Johnathan Thurston.

The Daily Telegraph understands Cherry-Evans himself broke the news to a shattered Titans coach Neil Henry at 10am.

Cherry-Evans decision to remain with the Sea Eagles draws to a close one of the of the most protracted contract sagas in NRL history.

The Queensland Origin representative was engaged in high profile negotiations with Cronulla and the Titans before agreeing to a four-year deal with the Gold Coast on March 6th.

Cherry-Evans refused to categorically deny the near constant rumours of a potential backflip.

During an interview with Fox Sports in late May, Cherry-Evans said “I guess it would be a curious situation to see what does eventuate if (Manly) do offer something.

“There is still two weeks left, so two more weeks of speculation.

“There is a rule in place which gives Manly every opportunity to do what they have to retain me.”

“With the decision, I have nothing to change at the moment,” he said.

“I’m happy with my decision to go to the Gold Coast, and as we know there is a rule in place which allows Manly to have a go at retaining me.”

The halfback’s decision to turn his back on the Gold Coast is the latest example of the controversial “Round 13” rule, which prevents any player registering a contract with a new club until the midpoint of the season.
    Best news ever😍😍😍😍😍
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Best news ever����������
    Glad you're happy.

He just said he's comfortable with how he's handled the situation cause it's within the rules.

"It probably wouldn't look very honourable"

And he handled well.

This guy is absolute delusional.

And he won't outrightly deny that Myles didn't play a part.

I want this guy hurt.

Start the hashtag #fu*kDCE

Just tuned into the press conference. I feel really sorry for my fellow Titans fans.

Look how bloody chirpy DCE is in this presser. He complains about being a victim of unnecessary media. Well the media were right weren't they?!

This really doesn't help us in winning over Queensland fans to our club.

But if I could choose NRL ownership or DCE, I'd pick our new ownership everyday of the week.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I don't think I have ever witnessed a more self serving, conceited, devious person in all my life. This guy can face the media and when asked how do we take you at your word says " I don't have a contract with the media so you don't have too." Hope that statement closes the door on any chance of a media contract in any shape or form. Smiles when he answers questions about what he did to the Titans and smiles when asked about abusing the system that's in place for contract negotiations and claims to have done nothing wrong. Obviously he has no idea what morals and ethics are.

Titans need to reconsider all negotiations with players that are managed by Pacific Sports Management.