Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Sezer will almost certainly be released if we sign DCE. Lets face for all the potential Sezer has he just isn't durable enough to spend the $$ on. DCE at half with Elgey/Fogarty/Hazard in the 6 works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    im not sure Sezer was this highly rated was he?

as for DCe and LG, i said to HS earlier, we need to sell DCE as THE reason for Elgey to stay, Tell LG that what better way to earn than under a great young half. sell him the dream of combining with (in 2 years time) the australian halfback for his HOME TOWN, dragging his HOME TOWN team to the finals and a GF. Pay him well, sacrifice a couple of high priced forwards doing a job that petty or someone just as able can do, and then when DCE gets older Its LGs team to control for the last 5 years of his career on top top dollar.

id hang around for that.
    Agree with all of that DB but the three magic words re LG (because Managers will be involved) are "pay him well". I think they will need to as already LG is being talked about and would be already able to get decent coin at another club.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 17-02-15 at 09:35 PM.

Let's not forget that DCE went to Manly on almost nothing but a promise and Lawrence is another case in point ... it's 'what the club can do for you' that will be attractive.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Let's not forget that DCE went to Manly on almost nothing but a promise and Lawrence is another case in point ... it's 'what the club can do for you' that will be attractive.
    Well said JFK.

thats my point. the club might be able to offer him a big pay packet, the chance to work with a star, to do it at home... what else do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Titanic. Your comment"What the club can do for you " made me believe that we can offer DCE something that Manly can't or haven't been able to provide , and that is to provide a positive work environment. The articles over that past few years about Manly have suggested that a number of the Leadership group and senior players have a poor relationship with DCE. So I would imagine turning up most days and having the Stewart boys and Watmough providing a toxic environment for DCE and Manlys management not addressing this might play a part in DCE decision making. Also the Manly fans and community in some form see DCE as the reason for Glenn Stewart's departure so that could make it hard for his family on a daily basis.

What can the Titans and the Gold Coast offer him ?? The opposite of the above. A team that want him , Management that want him but more importantly a fan base and a region that wants him.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Titanic. Your comment"What the club can do for you " made me believe that we can offer DCE something that Manly can't or haven't been able to provide , and that is to provide a positive work environment. The articles over that past few years about Manly have suggested that a number of the Leadership group and senior players have a poor relationship with DCE. So I would imagine turning up most days and having the Stewart boys and Watmough providing a toxic environment for DCE and Manlys management not addressing this might play a part in DCE decision making. Also the Manly fans and community in some form see DCE as the reason for Glenn Stewart's departure so that could make it hard for his family on a daily basis.

What can the Titans and the Gold Coast offer him ?? The opposite of the above. A team that want him , Management that want him but more importantly a fan base and a region that wants him.
    I wonder if captaincy was offered as well? Would make sense, but not sure if you want to over burden the guy. If, fingers crossed, he decides to come, many will be looking to him as the saviour anyway.

It is looking more likely that Bird will be gone after this season and i think we need a class centre as priority 1 for next season.

Lets just hope that DCE makes a decision soon.

We got a class centre in the making.. Hoffman.

I know most would rather see him at fullback, but to me I'd prefer see him utilise his speed and defense out wide.

You are probably right with all of that mate but one aspect you didn't raise is the fact that it might be DCE that gets players offside. Yes he had a poor relationship with Choc Watmough and some other players but was that due to DCE? Just putting it out there that's all.
    Believe me, Manly fans and management want him to stay. Management made a decision to cut Glenn Stewart in order to afford the retention of DCE and if that doesn't happen then Manly's management will be getting a few questions fired at them, although the CEO recently changed.
    The circus continues.

C
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You are probably right with all of that mate but one aspect you didn't raise is the fact that it might be DCE that gets players offside. Yes he had a poor relationship with Choc Watmough and some other players but was that due to DCE? Just putting it out there that's all.
    Believe me, Manly fans and management want him to stay. Management made a decision to cut Glenn Stewart in order to afford the retention of DCE and if that doesn't happen then Manly's management will be getting a few questions fired at them, although the CEO recently changed.
    The circus continues.
    Good point MT DCE could be a part of the problem. We don't know.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Hopefully paying him what he's worth rather than half of his worth will fix any possible character flaws.

I think he's the future QLD & Australian Captain which will all go well for the Titans fans & their sponsors which i'm sure will be tearing the door down "When" DCE signs on
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

C

Good point MT DCE could be a part of the problem. We don't know.
    I think the problem players had with DCE would be that Glen and Watmough were let go to retain him.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I think he's the future QLD & Australian Captain which will all go well for the Titans fans & their sponsors which i'm sure will be tearing the door down "When" DCE signs on
    No doubt. As I said previously, if DCE signs on for next season I reckon we would get a major sponsor for this year as sponsors would get on early.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    I think the problem players had with DCE would be that Glen and Watmough were let go to retain him.
    It's strange why players have a problem with other players due to decisions made by management. For example DCE didn't make the decision to let other players leave.
    In relation to Stewart, it has been publicly stated by Manly that they let him go to accommodate DCE (and probably Foran as he will be on similar money). Watmough left because he wanted a three year contract and Manly wanted to offer two years which I agree with due to his age. I think his friction with DCE, and his love for Brad Arthur probably were also factors but what do you believe these days.

I reckon the old dogs Watmough and the Stewarts just didn't want any change to their power base ... they lost a large proportion of that when Hasler left.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.