Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Manly need to hit back and throw the kitchen sink at Elgey. His future will be much more successful at the Eagles than the Titans
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Four NRL stars, eh? Are they coming for the money, the lifestyle or the coke ... or to play? Where were they two weeks ago?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Manly need to hit back and throw the kitchen sink at Elgey. His future will be much more successful at the Eagles than the Titans
    Geez mate you have taken a hit with the thumbs!!
    I don't want Manly to try the eye for an eye thing - I think DCE would be great for the Coast if he comes here and I now hope he does. If he comes I hope he shows his new club greater respect than he is showing his current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Geez mate you have taken a hit with the thumbs!!
    I don't want Manly to try the eye for an eye thing - I think DCE would be great for the Coast if he comes here and I now hope he does. If he comes I hope he shows his new club greater respect than he is showing his current one.
    jesus Christ this is war. Eye for an Eye !!!!
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

So we have to sit back and listen to rumours about Sezer going, Elgey on Manly's radar, Myles shopping around but because it's DCE and Manly you guys get your knickers in a knot. Merrin just did the same thing, shopped himself around for the best deal and no one says a thing. I don't care that it's preseason the year before, the fact is that he is off contract and these deals are always going on in the background anyway.

Sharks reported to be favourites for Daly as per the Courier Mail

It's comes as no surprise that Badel rates Cronulla's chances better than ours to securing DCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Sharks reported to be favourites for Daly as per the Courier Mail
    Whichever way he goes now he has an out for all the Manly fans...." i was going to sign with Manly but they pulled the deal....I'll still play my heart out yadda yadda yadda but then cha ching !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So we have to sit back and listen to rumours about Sezer going, Elgey on Manly's radar, Myles shopping around but because it's DCE and Manly you guys get your knickers in a knot. Merrin just did the same thing, shopped himself around for the best deal and no one says a thing. I don't care that it's preseason the year before, the fact is that he is off contract and these deals are always going on in the background anyway.
    I actually referred to Merrin in my post. You are right that these deals will probably happen in the background but all I am saying is that I would prefer a better way. To me this is one of the biggest turn offs about following the NRL where we have a situation where players are dealing with other clubs over 12 months in advance. The AFL have a system that shows the fans greater respect and even English soccer have a transfer window.
    Yeah I am going on about it because it's Manly but if other clubs were talking to Mead, Elgey, Roberts etc now about 2016 I wouldn't like that either. Anyway I have said enough about this subject - get the footy on.

Everyone take this rumour with a grain of salt but this guy has got a few things right recently:

@NrlRumourMill: Mail is a press conference being called tomorrow afternoon to announce that DCE has signed #gctitans #positivenews #onwardsandupwards

Would be very strange for DCE to do this on the day of NRL season kick off but maybe he wants the spotlight to be on him or possibly just wants it out of the way. Guess we will find out tomorrow.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Everyone take this rumour with a grain of salt but this guy has got a few things right recently:

@NrlRumourMill: Mail is a press conference being called tomorrow afternoon to announce that DCE has signed #gctitans #positivenews #onwardsandupwards

Would be very strange for DCE to do this on the day of NRL season kick off but maybe he wants the spotlight to be on him or possibly just wants it out of the way. Guess we will find out tomorrow.
    I have very low respect for DCE as it is now. He has always rubbed me up the wrong way. I have remained quiet on that for two reasons.

1. I try to remain positive about as much as possible and stay away from tearing down people or annoying fans of these people in such a way.

2. DCE the brand can bring a lot of good to the GC. I don't need to tell you guys about the positives of such a move.

But if he holds a presser stating he is playing with a nother club in 2016 before the 2015 season that would leave me with absolutely no respect for the guy whatsoever.

Although such a move would create what I've been talking about in another thread (highest potential exposure). I never thought it would come in the way of a press conference. There are other ways.
    A huge fan of the Bulldogs but first and foremost an fan of the game and the game needs the Gold Coast Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yeah I am going on about it because it's Manly. Anyway I have said enough about this subject - get the footy on.
    Manly dropped the ball allowing both Foran and DCE to come off contract at the same time. Not good not good
    Last edited by teke; 05-03-15 at 03:08 AM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Manly dropped the ball allowing both Foran and DCE to come off contract at the same time. Not good not good
    This is the key point. Manly's dysfunctional board has only been saved by the on field performance of its first grade team. Some chickens may be coming home to roost now.

If I've got to sit through a press conference with Jarryd Hayne announcing a $100k to go to NFL then bring on the ticker tape parade for DCE. Club's paying overs for this guys image so milk it for everything it's worth. Don't care what Manly fans think, they turn on all of their players once they leave their club (stewart, all of a sudden a broke down player, Watmough all of a sudden he's a whinger who gives away too many penalties, nearly lost Matai, who when they thought he was going it was he's injury prone). Not saying for one minute these are views of people on this site, but I work with too many Manly fans!

Junior

If this signing comes off it is a red letter day for the Titans. Fans should be shouting from the rooftops in celebration at perhaps our most significant signing. It is for Manly fans to question DCE's integrity if they feel he has acted badly, not ours. All the guy has done is allow himself to be guided in his financial future by a professional Manager who himself is only operating within the system allowed by the NRL. If that system is flawed save your vitriol for the governing body.

I don't want our delight at DCE's arrival at this club to be tarnished by questions over his decency and I don't think Titan's fans should allow themselves to be sucked in to that debate. The prodigal son is returning to Queensland and we should welcome him with unequivocally open arms...and I'm a NSWelshman!
    Call me Mr Stupid but...