Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Sounds like Birdy is back in our club's long term plans - which is probably a good thing. Would love to see him step down from origin and focus on club footy, but i doubt it will happen.
    Well he has to survive the drug charges first but if he does, going on his history, we should get 2 years out of him before he has another brain fade. Keep him to the end of the contract then move on. He plays hard every week and never shirks the hard stuff. Yes his over the top antics to get penalties are rubbish but he gives everything to win and that is a good trait that others in the team could learn.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    OK you Qlders can rain down on me if you want but WTF with the Bulletin! What has this DCE bull$h1t got to do with NSW?? I am offended by this. Seriously, I am.

I am all for banter when the series is on. I give and I take and I sit back and enjoy the digs that get thrown around but that article (and picture) is way way over the top.
    It appears DCE lacks the qualities and/or integrity to be a Qlder, so he must be a New South Welshman (instead).

Sorry Brother.. *steps back into the shadows*

OK you Qlders can rain down on me if you want but WTF with the Bulletin! What has this DCE bull$h1t got to do with NSW?? I am offended by this. Seriously, I am.

I am all for banter when the series is on. I give and I take and I sit back and enjoy the digs that get thrown around but that article (and picture) is way way over the top.
    Personally I hope that the article gains enough momentum to put pressure on Mal to boot him from the QLD side. But I see your issue, upon closer inspection of the posted photo you can't see the fine print in the top right hand corner. It reads:

"Digitally altered image. A real cockroach couldn't scuttle out of a deal so shamelessly."

PS 8 in a row!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    It appears DCE lacks the qualities and/or integrity to be a Qlder, so he must be a New South Welshman (instead).

The Bully didn't go hard enough ... they could've branded him a Victard ... that's right, there is no political correctness in China ... except just like a 69, one slip of the tongue and you're right in the sh1t.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Personally I hope that the article gains enough momentum to put pressure on Mal to boot him from the QLD side. But I see your issue, upon closer inspection of the posted photo you can't see the fine print in the top right hand corner. It reads:

"Digitally altered image. A real cockroach couldn't scuttle out of a deal so shamelessly."

PS 8 in a row!
    I'm not offended by DCE being pictured as a Blue - the only mildly annoying thing with the image is that it is another reminder that Mitchell Pearce is one of our current halves.

What I do find funny though is the belief that because of the "Trust. Honour. Integrity" of the Maroons, DCE has harmed his chances of State of Origin selection because of the backflip. Given the speed at which some of those in and around the Maroons' team backflipped when Israel Folau signed to play AFL in 2010, if anything, it may have enhanced his chances:

QRL chief executive Ross Livermore
    - in The Australian: "Asked directly if Folau had played his sixth and final game for the Maroons, Livermore said, 'I would think so'."

- in the Telegraph: "After news of the defection broke, Livermore got straight on the phone to Maroons coach Mal Meninga, who agreed Folau had to go. 'I would say that Israel has played his last game for Queensland and I think Mal would be of the same view. Mal and the selectors would prefer to look at the long term.'"

Darren Lockyer
    - in the SMH: "I just think the bigger picture is players jumping codes can't think there are no consequences for them. I backed up the QRL with my opinion."

Gorden Tallis:
    - on Fox Sports: "If he does [sign to play AFL], you don't let him play in your showpiece, something that he loves. If he's going to go, you just put Brent Tate in or you put in a young winger or a young centre."

And then expected replacement Brent Tate got injured and the gymnastics began...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_St..._Origin_series

And Wayne Bennett must have a reasonable idea about what qualities it takes to be a Maroon. Given the view he expressed in yesterday's Courier Mail, it would seem he thinks DCE still fits the bill:

Despite Michael Morgan’s impressive debut, Bennett believes Cherry-Evans will reclaim the Maroons utility spot when the Queensland side for Origin II is named on Tuesday. “I think if Cherry-Evans is fit and gets through the game tomorrow, they will put him back in,” he said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227382692916

I'm not saying he won't get picked, but thank you for the Bulletin to finally get behind the Titans and stick it to the scumbag.

PS did I mention we won 8 in a row.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, it's just banter and NSW would do the same had the same calibre of player from NSW had of done this

You have to give plaudits to Manly ... to keep the turncoat they have had to: bring Fulton in (and not for free); make him captain; fork out a deal which borders on ridiculous; sign two forwards of dubious value (Myles and Lussick) plus a new coach ... I am really pleased we didn't get him and I hope the sponsors who signed-up for him playing with us reneg too.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/m...04-ghgrho.html
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    You have to give plaudits to Manly ... to keep the turncoat they have had to: bring Fulton in (and not for free); make him captain; fork out a deal which borders on ridiculous; sign two forwards of dubious value (Myles and Lussick) plus a new coach ... I am really pleased we didn't get him and I hope the sponsors who signed-up for him playing with us reneg too.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/m...04-ghgrho.html
    They certainly seemed to have mortgaged the farm to keep him!

While we have definitely suffered some short-term pain because our recent player negotiations have been done under the assumption DCE would be with us and taking up cap-space, and I still think he would have added an injection of on-field quality that we'll struggle to find quickly elsewhere, but given what Manly have paid to keep him, I think it is very debatable that they are going to come out of this better than us in the long run.

Ok, I've had a Bex and a good lie down, so moving forward...

I really hope, and have good reason to believe that the DCE saga could well be the thing that breaks Manly as a playing group and as a club. Where and how they're going to be able to make payments and beat the cap is clearly beyond me, but imagine telling other key players there just isn't enough money left to go around, and then expect them to stay and give 100% each week.

Looking back with less rage and more clarity I think we may have dodged a massive bullet. I would say Dollar Chasing Ego's ego will only get bigger and history has shown the Titans that juicy long term contracts dont always bring out the best in players or coaches.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 05-06-15 at 01:17 PM.

One thing that give me concern is that Manly are recruiting players that are Pro DCE. It's been well reported that there are factions within Manly that don't like DCE so it would not surprise me if the Warm fuzzies go way after a few years and the then playing roster may once again turn on DCE. In saying that did we dodge a bullet with him not coming and DCE being responsible for "White Anting " the Titans like Manly of late ???? IMO it puts Manly in a difficult situation going forward as the administration have to keep him happy and if your a player in the team it could be that you have to keep DCE happy or look for another club. The scenario I think of is if there is a rising star ( who is the next big thing )in Manly who runs DCE up the wrong way or doesn't get along with DCE what would Manly Administration do in that case?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Manly is a political powder keg on and off the field. Calmer waters await us. I agree with Bayside, the situation will be interesting to follow. A couple months ago this guy was public enemy #1 at Manly.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    So many tears.

I'm confused, did he do something to Qld?
    Admin: Considering the circumstances of the DCE situation and Manly rorting us I think this teke should be banned.
    Dave is rad,Dave is hot,Meady has a scrumptious bot.

The most disappointed Titan player in regards to the Gymnasticsis effort of DCE is probably Bird because he was in talks with Manly & almost certain to follow Myles but now the cash cow must have run dry now
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    To those sending pm's, I'm Insta-deleting....not even bothering to read.
    Dave is rad,Dave is hot,Meady has a scrumptious bot.