Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast
    Junior

From a professional standpoint, it makes more sense to come to the Titans than to stay at Manly. He's already won a premiership with Manly, he's played Origin and been a national rep player. If he stays with Manly, he's replowing ground that's already been broken. But if he comes to the Titans, he has the chance to do something akin to catching lightning in a bottle, i.e., take a 'loser' club and turn them into a premiership-contending side. (I say 'loser,' because that's how every other team's supporters see the Titans...I know full well the exciting potential that is actually in our side.)

Think about it, if he could take the Titans to the top, it would become the defining moment of his sporting career. Who cares if you won a premiership with an already-dominant team? Manly's been to the top numerous times before DCE, and they'll be there again numerous times without him. But to take a team of cellar dwellers to the top of the ladder? If you toss that opportunity aside, you're a moron and/or you have a moronic manager.

Even if he doesn't win a premiership with us (or even make it to a Grand Final), he'll still be millionaire who already has a premiership under his belt and who plays at Origin and National rep level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I would hope that if DCE has let the Titans know he has backflipped I think the Titans should announce it as they should show him no loyalty whatsoever. If he is not coming I would be telling all and sundry and let DCE start handling the heat.
    Hopefully he is still coming. I have given up trying to read something in to every article that is written about this farce.
    If we do lose DCE there will be plenty of doom (justifiably) about the club and we will need to hit straight back with some quality signings.
    MT you have echoed my thoughts and the point that I'm at ,at the minute. If the Titans know now , as you said we should be hitting the plan B button with some quality signings. With that $1m we could very well sign about 3 quality players or more depending on how King can stretch a dollar.

I wonder if DCE does stay at Manly I wonder what sort of crowd we would get for the Manly game. ???

TF92 I really appreciate your time on here and any info you have. Just thought I would thank you for that.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

BUZZ ROTHFIELD ‏@BuzzRothfield
    BREAKING: Daly Cherry Evans STAYING @SeaEagles details @telegraph_sport ASAP

The circus is over it seems

The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 4m4 minutes ago
    BREAKING: DCE to change his mind in 90 mins...
    #heads
    #tails

Did we really want a player of that integrity?

Lets spend our 1.2 mil elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by beeps View Post
    The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 4m4 minutes ago
    BREAKING: DCE to change his mind in 90 mins...
    #heads
    #tails
    This to me shows what DCE is truely made of and at the moment he is paper thin. He has effectively held our club to ramsom.

Can we change the name of the thread to "Daly Cherry-Evans is a Douche!" ??

Junior

Ha! Okay, if the backflip is true, then it's a bit satisfying to know that DCE's legacy will always be tied to this unsavory drama rather than his on-field accomplishments.

And maybe we should start a new thread about replacement signings? ...Is Tim Tebow still looking for a team?

I have never hated an nrl team before disliked a few but now i officially hate manly!
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Todd Balym ‏@balym_CMail 21m21 minutes ago
    Graham Annesley has not heard a word from DCE or his camp. Pretty poor form if that's the case
    I can't fathom this. Such blatant disregard if true.

That little f0cker is getting knee capped. Hope his house is insured too.

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    I can't fathom this. Such blatant disregard if true.
    Yeah I read that too. Can't believe that if true. Titans have shown respect to DCE and not pressured him.

I pose this question where does that leave the Titans and Nate Myles for the remainder of this year??

I go back to one of my earlier comments. Apparently a press conference is on at 1pm - I assume if he has backflipped then DCE has let the Titans know. If that is the case the Titans should be calling a press conference at 12pm or as soon as possible to get it out there. They owe DCE nothing and at times like this I think there is too much niceness about Annesley.
    If this is true as now seems likely, even though I am Manly born and bred, words cannot express my anger and disgust with DCE/his Manager and the game at the moment.
    I almost feel like walking away after following this game for years. What will stop me is that it is a huge part of my life and the hope that the new management of the Titans will announce something very positive on the signings front sooner rather than later.
    But yeah I have a massive dose of the farken sh1ts at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Cherry-Evans View Post
    Yeah I read that too. Can't believe that if true. Titans have shown respect to DCE and not pressured him.

I pose this question where does that leave the Titans and Nate Myles for the remainder of this year??
    Qld cup, with any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle Titan View Post
    Ha! Okay, if the backflip is true, then it's a bit satisfying to know that DCE's legacy will always be tied to this unsavory drama rather than his on-field accomplishments.

And maybe we should start a new thread about replacement signings? ...Is Tim Tebow still looking for a team?
    Agree totally - he might have done it for the green - but he has shown all who love the game that his "word" and $2.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Maccas...