Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Titans need dce now and manly need him gone asap.

Straight forward situation.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Gotta agree with Teke, he's class and he'll help win matches like last week. It's football, we can have the brightest new dawn ever but we need to be winning matches to get the casual fans, the sponsors and the media back onside.

The sooner he's in the blue+yellow the better imo (less chance of him doing a backflip too...).

Junior

I would like to see DCE here this season for a few reasons. We are pretty much building a team around him.

1. He would bring sponsors straight away as well as fans.

2. Would be able to see who he has the better combos with LG or Sezer, Moseley or Shrama and Mead or Hoffman so we can stick with them and build a relationship with our spine which imo is half our problem.

3. Means he can't back flip on he deal.

I would like to see him here now rather then in 6 weeks time, it would be better to get it over with .
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

We need him for minimum 2 years so if he turns up now that is pretty well a year wasted as Henry would not have allowed for that as there is no pre season etc to have him ready for the team, or more importantly the team ready for him. As he has the option after 2 years me thinks it would be a short time he has with us.

He's signed for 2016-17 so if he came early then that would be on top of the existing agreement ... and we don't need to swap anybody. If Manly want him out then they will release him, we have the others signed and we need them.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

I am sure we could give them a fullback, hooker and Front rower that we don't need or want.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    I am sure we could give them a fullback, hooker and Front rower that we don't need or want.
    I seem to recall a player swap following the Turner reneg back to the Storm. Where are the players we got now? I don't think Manly would be dumb enough to take anyone that a. wouldnt give immediate results or b. hasnt the potential to get them back on track to a future premiership.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I seem to recall a player swap following the Turner reneg back to the Storm. Where are the players we got now? I don't think Manly would be dumb enough to take anyone that a. wouldnt give immediate results or b. hasnt the potential to get them back on track to a future premiership.
    I know but we can dream right lol

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Titans need dce now and manly need him gone asap.

Straight forward situation.
    I would not mind if we player swapped Aidan Sezer & Mortimer (or some other fill in) & some $$ straight away for DCE. It is pretty clear to everyone, we are not going to achieve much with Mortimer @ half back.

As long as we keep Kane Elgey!

Manly have contacted the Titans to discuss a deal that would deliver Daly Cherry-Evans to the Titans this season
    PETER BADEL EXCLUSIVE THE COURIER-MAIL MARCH 10, 2015 11:00PM

DALY Cherry-Evans’ future at Brookvale is untenable with Manly bosses contacting the Titans to discuss a compensation deal that would deliver him to the Titans this season.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Manly’s recruitment-and-retention committee is prepared to explore a player-trade as the Sea Eagles begin planning for life after Cherry-Evans.

In the latest twist to the Cherry-Evans affair, the Titans have fielded a call from a Sea Eagles representative offering the playmaker’s services for this season.

The Test half-back is due to launch his Titans career next year, but the Sea Eagles are ready to broker an immediate severance package featuring benefits for both parties.

Manly chairman Scott Penn says Cherry-Evans remains in the club’s plans, but won’t stand in the playmaker’s way if the Titans are willing to discuss an exchange of players.

“If the Titans came to us and said, ‘We want Daly early’ and there is a deal to be done, we would certainly look at it,” Penn said.

“As of today, Daly is firmly part of our plans for this year ... but having said that, it doesn’t mean that’s how it plays out.”

Asked if Manly will consider compensation in the form of a player-swap, Penn was unequivocal.

“Yes that’s certainly an option,” he said.

“There is multiple options, but the news is still fresh and we have a game to play on Saturday night. The most important thing is that if a deal (to release Cherry-Evans) is done, it is done behind closed doors and doesn’t affect our play on the field.

“We are open to that scenario. We are in the market right now and if the Titans have some opportunities within the club, we will talk to them.”

Ideally, the Titans would take Cherry-Evans tomorrow, but one impediment to an expedited transfer is the club’s salary-cap position.

The Gold Coast would have to outlay around $500,000 to accommodate Cherry-Evans this season — funds the Titans can only free-up by offloading a number of big-name stars.

Besieged duo Greg Bird and Dave Taylor, currently fighting cocaine-supply charges, face uncertain futures at the Titans. But it is understood coach Neil Henry is a fan of both and would oppose any moves to jettison the pair to fund Cherry-Evans’ immediate purchase.

And while the Sea Eagles have been linked with Titans rookie Kane Elgey, Gold Coast hierarchy are hopeful Cherry-Evans can mentor the under-20s half-back ace next season.

However, it is clear Manly powerbrokers are ready to cut a deal, with Penn underscoring frustrations with mid-season departures by calling for a transfer window.

“It’s not a good look for the game for players to sign six to 12 months in advance and we need to do something about it,” he said.

“There is a risk your heart is not in it and we need 100 per cent from every one of our players every week.

“If there is a risk that is not possible, then you are better off releasing them earlier.

“Daly is a professional at heart. The expectation is that he will play out the way with us, but it doesn’t mean that’s how it plays out.”

Titans CEO Graham Annesley was tight-lipped on Tuesday on the prospect of Cherry-Evans joining the Titans in the coming weeks.

“Daly is currently contracted to Manly and I’m not prepared to say or do anything that could be interpreted as an attempt to destabilise another club’s playing roster,” he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Give em Bird, Falloon, and White. That oughta cover it.
    Also, nice to hear Elgey is in the club's long term plans, even if it is coming from one of Badel's made up sources.

Teke's comments have changed so much across a week and a half.
    A huge fan of the Bulldogs but first and foremost an fan of the game and the game needs the Gold Coast Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by CanterburyMember View Post
    Teke's comments have changed so much across a week and a half.
    5 stages of grief.

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    5 stages of grief.

5 stages of pure anger more like it.

I can name a few players Id like to give manly for dce
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

A trade for 2015 is being discussed more and more in the media although I'm not sold on it being a realistic option as of yet, sells a lot of papers though!

IF this were to come to fruition, who would you consider being traded off to get DCE here immediately?
    Would anyone object for a straight swap for Bird and Sezer? Manly fan forum seem keen on LG more than anyone although I'd say it will be very unlikely that he leaves. That guy lives and breathes the Gold Coast and like Mexican Titan said he will probably win the Dally M this year