Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Im getting some mail that DCE could be a Titan within months, mid season transfer.

Won't surprise me at all considering the Eagles will move quick to get their **** back in order after they Sack Toovey.

Arthur or Barrett likely replacements
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Im getting some mail that DCE could be a Titan within months, mid season transfer.

Won't surprise me at all considering the Eagles will move quick to get their **** back in order after they Sack Toovey.

Arthur or Barrett likely replacements
    Yeah there was an article on that this afternoon:

Titans Coach States Cherry-Evans Could Move Mid Season
    Posted: 8 March, 2015 by Triple M NRL

There has been some good news for the struggling Titans with Daly Cherry-Evans having signed for them and head coach Neil Henry tells us he could play for them this season.

Anthony Watmough was a guest on Sunday Triple M NRL show and the Eels forward was first in line to ask Henry about his new signing. 'Choc' asked if DCE could move mid-season and despite not having thought about it the Titans coach said 'it is a possibility.'

'I suppose it could happen...I would like to have him in my team this year' added Henry and the Titans could look to offload a few players to the Sea Eagles to get Cherry-Evans in their side this season. The Titans coach ended by stating the Manly half-back is 'a great coup and a player you can build a team around.'

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/spo...er-than-later/

My only concern is that we would have to possibly offload players to get him here in 2015. We have minimal depth right now because of the drug saga and injuries so do we really want to lose more? Maybe we should just wait unless Manly let him go for no players/extra money.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Check out the Twitter account @DalyTears to see how Manly and Cronulla fans reacted to DCE's signing

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    Check out the Twitter account @DalyTears to see how Manly and Cronulla fans reacted to DCE's signing
    Lolllll so much butthurt

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    3 days ago: "DCE is a great player and would deliver Cronulla a premiership" "Hope he signs/resigns"

2 days ago: "DCE is **** anyway and so overrated" "Don't care about him anyway"

Never seen so much butthurt for a player 'they don't care about'. Amazing how a few days and a decision can change the mood of fans. I must admit I would probably be the same but still it is funny to watch.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

It's sad to see so many RL supporters lose the plot because they didn't get things to go their way..

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    3 days ago: "DCE is a great player and would deliver Cronulla a premiership" "Hope he signs/resigns"

2 days ago: "DCE is **** anyway and so overrated" "Don't care about him anyway"

Never seen so much butthurt for a player 'they don't care about'. Amazing how a few days and a decision can change the mood of fans. I must admit I would probably be the same but still it is funny to watch.
    he could have delivered the Sharks a premiership imo. They have a decent roster as it is. Imagine waiting 40 plus yrs to win a premiership - that is how angry the Sharks fans are Lolol.

Titan fans could be headed the same way and you will be 50 yrs of age lol
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

It won't happen.. We'll get the NRL to buy us a premiership before that rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    It won't happen.. We'll get the NRL to buy us a premiership before that rolls around.
    the league team will probably be called the Gold Coast Theme Parks by the time that happens
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Matty John's on triple M:

"It is my gut feel that by close of today one of the contracts [involving Greg Bird and Dave Taylor] is torn up and there is room free on the salary cap at the Gold Coast Titans. I reckon Daly Cherry-Evans will play his next game as a Titan."

http://audioboom.com/boos/2966562-dc...ns-this-season

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Well if you're referring to Manly retracting their offer earlier in the week. That only makes them look like a bunch of sooks who aren't happy about it not going their way. Perfect example of packing up their bat 'n ball 'n going home before the game is over.
    Absolutely correct.
    A huge fan of the Bulldogs but first and foremost an fan of the game and the game needs the Gold Coast Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Matty John's on triple M:

"It is my gut feel that by close of today one of the contracts [involving Greg Bird and Dave Taylor] is torn up and there is room free on the salary cap at the Gold Coast Titans. I reckon Daly Cherry-Evans will play his next game as a Titan."

http://audioboom.com/boos/2966562-dc...ns-this-season
    Personally I hope Cherry doesn't come here until next year - and not because he is contracted to Manly.
    If he comes here this season he will be expected to work miracles with a number of nuffies that will not be here next year. It seems other players will be signed for next season and i think the club will have great leverage with memberships and sponsors by marketing next year as the new beginning. If Cherry comes now and the team doesn't fire which it won't as it takes time, we will lose a lot of impact for next season. Just a thought.

This year was always , in my mind, a gap year. Henry hasn't had the time to shape the roster yet and getting DCE now would be a false dawn. We need to use this year to sort out the nuffies, target a couple of other players for next year and just generally bring the club and the fans back in sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Personally I hope Cherry doesn't come here until next year - and not because he is contracted to Manly.
    If he comes here this season he will be expected to work miracles with a number of nuffies that will not be here next year. It seems other players will be signed for next season and i think the club will have great leverage with memberships and sponsors by marketing next year as the new beginning. If Cherry comes now and the team doesn't fire which it won't as it takes time, we will lose a lot of impact for next season. Just a thought.

I agree. He is contracted to Manly for this year and I hope that he sees it out by his choice........However It might be that he might get tapped on the shoulder and asked to go at some point ( which I wish not to happen ) ...
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I couldn't bring myself to post the first half of this article because it's just more poor Manly BS, and Paul 'KE'nt is a ... w#nker.

Feel free to follow the link.

Manly should let Daly Cherry-Evans join Gold Coast now — and save everyone a world of pain
    PAUL KENT THE DAILY TELEGRAPH MARCH 09, 2015 11:00PM

.... And so Daly Cherry-Evans runs out for Manly on Saturday in front of a crowd that knows Glenn Stewart is no longer there because Cherry-Evans announced more than a year ago he was taking himself to market, and so the Sea Eagles kept their hands in their pocket when it came to Stewart and did not even make him an offer, saving that money for Cherry-Evans, who is now going anyway.

Manly need to get Cherry-Evans out of there as soon as possible.

It can’t end well, anymore.

Already half the squad is against him, Kieran Foran is still dangerously close to leaving, and you can bet whatever sympathy Cherry-Evans might have expected from the Manly faithful has now evaporated.

Why Manly and the Gold Coast are not already working the phones is an indication of the semi-pro naivety that still charms this game.

If this were American sport Cherry-Evans would be moving into his new digs around the corner from Cavill Ave now.

The upside of Cherry-Evans leaving Manly for the Gold Coast immediately now outweighs the downside.

The Sea Eagles are fractured and the healing will be quicker without him in the side, no matter his talent. A trade with the Gold Coast might also be a show of faith to Foran that the club is serious about turning itself around.

Why Manly and the Gold Coast are not already working the phones is an indication of the semi-pro naivety that still charms this game.

If this were American sport Cherry-Evans would be moving into his new digs around the corner from Cavill Ave now.

The upside of Cherry-Evans leaving Manly for the Gold Coast immediately now outweighs the downside.

The Sea Eagles are fractured and the healing will be quicker without him in the side, no matter his talent. A trade with the Gold Coast might also be a show of faith to Foran that the club is serious about turning itself around.

Cherry-Evans is feeling the affects if such an environment and while he has pledged to the Sea Eagles for the rest of the year — and will do his best to deliver — it is hard to argue he would not be happier joining the Titans today.

The Gold Coast are on the verge of sacking several if not all five players on drugs charges, for which each has pleaded not guilty.

The issue for the Titans is not just whether they have committed a crime, which the courts will decide, but whether they have breached their contracts.

Given the club lost one current sponsor and also an incoming sponsor, was kicked out of their training ground and forced to find a new one, at a cost, and that the reputational damage is still being tallied, that will be hard to argue despite what the courts decide.

So the Titans might be forced into the market for a quality player before they anticipated, with money suddenly available in the salary cap.

Why wouldn’t they be trying to strike a deal with Manly now, asking what Manly wants in return?

Somebody needs to show the initiative to pick up the phone, for all concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

What a D*ckhead. The Titans have WAY more to lose than to gain by getting DCE here now. The more anticipation, the more sponsors and memberships come on board. The worst possible, most likely scenario should DCE come here mid-season, is still we loose 20+ games (he's good, but we're gona have some big holes in our roster it seems), the faith of everyone (e.g. fans and possible signings and potential sponsors) is damaged and DCE starts looking ahead to his get out clause.

I echo the sentiments of MT and BCE (nice) ... Let's get our roster, play-style, team-identity, relationship with fans / business community, training facilities and so forth back in order this season and then give DCE a full preseason under henry with the squad before we put the expectation on him.

Surey Henry see's the value of this. Fans will forgive a losing season this year with a look towards 2016. That changes if DCE get's here early.